Page: 1

Attending The View

pushdabutton Profile Photopushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Attending The View #1
Posted: 11/9/07 at 9:09pm
I have tickets to be in the audience of The View in a couple of weeks. How long would it take me to walk from Times Square to the ABC Television Studio on 66th and 11th Ave. where they tape The View? Would I be better off taking the train? If so, what train would I take?

To those who have attended The View, what is the best time to arrive? The tickets say 9:30 AM. Should I plan to arrive any earlier or is this time okay? Do you leave right at noon or does the cohosts stay around after for photos/questions?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Iris Chacon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #2
Posted: 11/9/07 at 9:27pm
Be there by 730 am. First come, first serve. Take the 1 train to 66 st. Get out walk to tenth avenue.
Kiss it baby. Kiss it now!
Updated On: 11/9/07 at 09:27 PM
JohnBoy2 Profile PhotoJohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #2
Posted: 11/9/07 at 9:35pm
Is this show live? Because if it is, I'd love to go just so I could shout-out how much I hate those shrews!
pushdabutton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #3
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:11pm
Thanks Iris. Thanks for the specifics on the train. Wow, 7:30 AM! I didn't think I would have to get there that early where I already have a ticket even though it says first come, first served.
everythingtaboo Profile Photoeverythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #4
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:39pm
It's been a long time since I went, but I would say no later than 9am, because there will be a line and you'll out of the cold faster when the doors open.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #5
Posted: 11/10/07 at 3:58pm
In the winter time the lines generally are not as bad as spring. However, play it safe and arrive at 7:30.

I've gone to 3 or 4 tapings.

Yes, it ends at Noon. Figure getting out by 12:30. You get dismissed by sections because they have limited elevators.

There are places to eat about 2 avenues down if one in your party wants to go grab breakfast. When you go inside, you will be given juice and a slight snack. Up to you. There might be a vender outside the building down the block. The vendor is your best bet.

Wear layers. It'll be VERY cold outside and warmer inside. Don't bring a lot of stuff! Depending on what giveaways you get, plan on possibly going back to your hotel before you do anything else in the day. You may be carrying around heavy books...
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
pushdabutton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #6
Posted: 11/11/07 at 7:01pm
Thanks for your excellent suggestions CapnHook! I forgot about the giveaways. Hopefully there will be some good ones that day. I was thinking more about who will be the guests on the show but I guess I won't know until the week before.

Thanks again for your help!
pushdabutton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #7
Posted: 11/25/07 at 2:44pm
I have decided I am going to take the 1 train to 66 Steet from Times Square. I know this is a really stupid question but forgive me, I have never taken the subway in New York City. Do I need to purchase a Metrocard before I get to the station or can I buy one at the station? If I need to buy it before, where can I buy a Metrocard in the Times Square area? Also, what station in Times Square is the best to get on to go uptown to the 66th Street station?

Thanks in advance for your help!
jacobtsf Profile Photojacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #8
Posted: 11/25/07 at 3:03pm
You can buy the metrocard at the station.

Enter at 42nd st, swipe your card and walk forward. The entrance to the uptown 1 train is the 2nd one on the right, you can't miss it.
David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel
pushdabutton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #9
Posted: 11/25/07 at 3:40pm
Thanks so much for the info jacobtsf. I really appreciate it!
ucjrdude902 Profile Photoucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #10
Posted: 11/25/07 at 4:52pm
Whats that site called? www.hopstop.com I think! pushdabutton...try this is AMAZING!
pushdabutton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #11
Posted: 11/26/07 at 8:39pm
hopstop.com is amazing...thanks ucjrdude902
pushdabutton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #12
Posted: 11/27/07 at 11:14pm
Does The View allow you to bring a bag in that will fit under your seat?
pushdabutton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Attending The View #13
Posted: 11/27/07 at 11:56pm
bump
nygrl23 Profile Photonygrl23 Profile Photo
nygrl23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Attending The View #14
Posted: 11/28/07 at 2:40am
Just bring a regular purse. When I went I carried one of those foldable drawstring backpacks in my purse, and put the giveaways in that.