Page: 1

Italian Politician Calls For Ethnic Cleansing Of Gays

romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This story is a couple days old and I don;t remember seeing it posted it here.If it has, I appologize for a double post. I saw this and my jaw about hit the floor.I am amazed at all the anti gay stories coming out these days.WHy does it feel like its getting worse for us?

(Rome) A call by the deputy mayor of Treviso for the ethnic cleansing of gays from the region, in the north of Italy, has sparked a mass demonstration. Nearly a thousand people turned out in front of the city hall on the weekend to demand the resignation of Giancarlo Gentilini.

Last week the rightwing politician told a local television station that he would order police to put an end to gay cruising which he claimed was out of control.

"I will immediately give orders to my forces so that they can carry out an ethnic cleansing of faggots," Gentilini told the station in an interview. "The faggots must go to other where they are welcome. Here in Treviso there is no chance for faggots or the like."

(more)

http://www.365gay.com/Newscon07/08/081207italy.htm
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As i posted in the previous thread:

Some how this quote comes to mind;

"First they came for the Communists,
and I didnít speak up,
because I wasnít a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didnít speak up,
because I wasnít a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didnít speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me."

by Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
umm, when did gay become an ethnicity?