Page: 1

Looney Tunes

Cruel_Sandwich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Looney Tunes#1
Posted: 8/15/07 at 4:35pm
I remember about ten years ago when I was a young seedling, you didn't have to look far to get to a Looney Tunes cartoon. They were regularly played on pretty much every TV and there were even some new Looney shorts attached to movies and whatnot.

Today, however, there is one DVD box-set, sure, but not enough to encourage young kids to get into Looney Tunes actively. These are some of the most beautiful works of art in ANY medium. The color, the shading, the detail, everything about them is perfect. They are classics. And I wish they would exist beyond empty commercializations.

Sure, kids know who Bugs Bunny is....but do they REALLY know who he is?
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Looney Tunes#2
Posted: 8/15/07 at 4:40pm
you are scaring me Young Sprout....scaring me.
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Looney Tunes#2
Posted: 8/15/07 at 6:47pm
Actually there are 4 Looney Tunes DVD collections available, and another is scheduled to be released in the coming months.

So tell us who Bugs REALLY is, Cruel.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Looney Tunes#3
Posted: 8/15/07 at 6:52pm
re: Looney Tunes

The truth comes out, so to speak.

gettinhep Profile Photogettinhep Profile Photo
gettinhep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Looney Tunes#4
Posted: 8/15/07 at 6:53pm
Be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
'Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational.' - Lucy Van Pelt