Britney Spears hits a car while parking, paparazzi photos tip off car owner.

cheezedoodle
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Paparazzi took pictures and videos of a puppy-toting Britney Spears smashing her car into another as she tried to turn into a stall in a Studio City parking lot. That's how the owner of the parked car found out who left the scrapes on her silver Mercedes-Benz.

Kim Robard-Rifkin, 59, told the entertainment Web site CelebTV.com on Wednesday that nobody from Spears' camp had contacted her about the damaged car.

"It's sad because I was really hoping she'd step up and be a mensch, be a human being," Robard-Rifkin said. "It was simply like my car didn't matter to her, my inconvenience didn't matter to her."

A video on CelebTV.com, taken Monday, shows the 25-year-old pop star (with a puppy on her lap) attempting to pull her black convertible into an empty parking space when she hit the adjacent car.

Robard-Rifkin, a registered nurse, said she was "sort of amused and sort of shocked" when she learned it was Spears who hit her car and figured she would hear from the embattled entertainer.

"There were obviously a lot of paparazzi there and what kind of person wouldn't realize that this (would) be on TV and she had to be responsible and contact me," she said.

"I'm not asking for money. I'm not asking for a new car. ... I simply want my car fixed, the same as I would fix somebody's car if I had done that."

Robard-Rifkin filed a police report on Thursday.

An e-mail to Spears spokeswoman at Jive Records was not immediately returned.

Dumb as a box of hair
"Oh Link...your pork is ready..." - Edna Turnblad
Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love how she jumps out of her car (after hitting the other car TWICE) and checks out her own cracked fender. She NEVER looks at the damage to the other car, neither the tail light nor the door ding, like any other normal human being would before checking their own car. It's as if the other person didn't exist.
I'd fire you... if you weren't so g*dd*mn beautiful out there. - Blades of Glory blog
Updated On: 8/9/07 at 04:28 PM
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What a twit. Isn't that a hit and run? I can't wait to hear how her people spin this one.
....but the world goes 'round
Love4Cheno Profile PhotoLove4Cheno Profile Photo
Love4Cheno
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Her people?

She fired them long ago!

(Although she did recently hire a manager.)

Good Lord.
http://preppylife.tumblr.com/
colleen_lee Profile Photocolleen_lee Profile Photo
colleen_lee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Such class.
"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She's a douche.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Mother's Younger Brother Profile PhotoMother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
^^ I don't think she's that clean.
muscle23ftl Profile Photomuscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Where are the pix?

I think I watched the clip on TV, and I think if you have about 40 paparazzis following you, it's easy to get distracted.

Im not a fan of hers, but I kinda understand the situation, and sometimes with so many people around, it's hard. She needs to get a driver, she can afford one.
"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"sometimes with so many people around, it's hard."

I'm sorry, but what's hard? Knowing whether or not you hit the other car, or actually doing the right thing about it?

I really am sick of hearing about these spoiled little princesses.
Chita1933 Profile PhotoChita1933 Profile Photo
Chita1933
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
muscle, what do you understand?

Click on my profile and watch Chita Rivera "Put On A Happy Face"

Rose_MacShane Profile PhotoRose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She needs to be in freakin' isolation getting lessons in etiquette, courtesy, grammar/mechanics, child safety, and basic hygeine, taught by a cross between Henry Higgins and GI Joe.
http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/
kellybean2
Stand-by
Stand-by
Look, I'm no fan of this train wreck, but wasn't there a thread just the other day about poor JK Rowling being stalked by the paps? Here, they've put someone's life in danger, and the same people who were disgusted by them in the other thread are holding them blameless for Spears having an accident.

And as for "spoiled little princesses," I think you're confusing her with Paris Hilton. I don't know if we can call someone who spent her high school years headlining concert tours, with all the responsibility that entails, a "spoiled little princess," whether we like them or not.
muscle23ftl Profile Photomuscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The clip is available online for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRfLA4yfGI
"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
the paprazi weren't even being that intrusive. She got out of her car to make sure that HER car wasn't damaged (which she would have never done if she was being harrassed) and didn't even bother to check the other woman's. That is the behavior of someone who thinks only about themselves, aka a princess.
kellybean2
Stand-by
Stand-by
So the paparazzi are only an issue if they're bothering people we like. I think I get it now.
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Did I miss the part where the paps were threatening her life in this incident? She wasn't even aware they were there as far as I can tell.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She was driving with one hand on the wheel and one on a lap dog. That's nobody's fault but her own.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
kellybean2
Stand-by
Stand-by
"I think I watched the clip on TV, and I think if you have about 40 paparazzis following you, it's easy to get distracted."

withoutlovewithoutU Profile PhotowithoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't think that they were distracting her that much, the clip that I saw had her coming back out of the store and saying to the paparazzi that they should all go on vacation together.
I think that the issue here is not that she hit the car, but that she didn't even care that she hit the car.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu
SCBWannabe Profile PhotoSCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Not to mention the fact that her door slams into the door of the car she hit when she gets out to check her own car. Unbelievable.
BroadwayGirl107 Profile PhotoBroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
THANK YOU, kellybean.

This is a surprise? People are STILL this obsessed everything she does wrong? Spears has obviously gone over the edge, and STILL people find it easy to kick her when she's down, and despite not coming out with a record for YEARS, the paparazzi still won't leave her alone. That's the only thing "unbelievable" about this incident.

The girl's having a breakdown...
"This country, this experiment, America, this hubris: what a lament if no one saw it go. Here today, gone tomorrow. Dissipation is actually much worse than cataclysm."--August: Osage County
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She's a hot mess and a half.

It's human nature to get a good laugh out of people doing this kind of stupid ****. She was once the pop princess. Once upon a time, she was hot.... and once upon a time she wasn't out and out white trash.

.....and now the white trash are insulted because I've put Britney in the same category with them. re: Britney Spears hits a car while parking, paparazzi photos tip off car o

And if the paparazzi ever left anyone alone, they'd all be out of jobs. Do you have any idea what kind of money pictures like that go for?! Shit, they have to make a living too. lol
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I feel realy special in some way because this incident happened 4 blocks from my home. Britney and I have breathed the same air .
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
BroadwayGirl107 Profile PhotoBroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"It's human nature to get a good laugh out of people doing this kind of stupid ****."

I know, she's having a breakdown. Hahaha! I'm in stitches!

"And if the paparazzi ever left anyone alone, they'd all be out of jobs."

Gee, maybe then they'd have to get REAL jobs and *GASP* lives of their own! What would they do?
"This country, this experiment, America, this hubris: what a lament if no one saw it go. Here today, gone tomorrow. Dissipation is actually much worse than cataclysm."--August: Osage County
Rose_MacShane Profile PhotoRose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've never liked Britney Spears. What, I have to pretend I feel sorry for her now?
http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/