Page: 1

Chenoweth and "Pushing Daisies"

Enjolras77 Profile PhotoEnjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Chenoweth and "Pushing Daisies" #1
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:16am
According to this article in my local paper yesterday, her new sitcom "Pushing Daisies", is getting pretty good buzz.

The article (link below) has a couple pics of the cast as well. It's nice to see Ellen Greene in there too.

'Pushing Daisies' pops as one of lineup's liveliest
"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man
Updated On: 7/29/07 at 11:16 AM
MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #2
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:27am
The sitcom with Nathan Lane seemed like a much better fit for her. Too bad it didn't get picked up.
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #2
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:45am
I will give it a shot, but frankly it looks a bit too precious for its own good.
PEACE.
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #3
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:54am
The pilot episode of this show is already online (Illegally I'm sure). That is also the case for pilot episode of The Bionic Woman, The pilot episode of Cavemen and the first four episodes of the new season of Weeds.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Updated On: 7/29/07 at 11:54 AM
cooperross Profile Photocooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #4
Posted: 7/29/07 at 1:48pm
fyi-it's not a sitcom. It' a one hour 'dramedy.'
-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #5
Posted: 7/29/07 at 4:37pm
As far as I know WEEDS was taken down this past couple of days. I wonder how so many episodes leaked...
This is one of the few upcoming shows I'm looking forward to.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #6
Posted: 7/29/07 at 4:48pm
As of just now, I've seen four episodes that are still up.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #7
Posted: 7/29/07 at 4:51pm
Mmmm, I searched yesterday and they weren't there anymore. Now I see the first three...we must be using different search engines.
I must find PUSHING DAISIES though.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
americanboy99 Profile Photoamericanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #8
Posted: 7/29/07 at 5:11pm
The commercial they are running (and I have seen many times before movies on the big screen) is rather off putting.
"Years from now when you talk about this- and you will- be kind."
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #9
Posted: 7/29/07 at 9:17pm
To me Pushing Daisies looks like the most promising pilot of the season, if they can reduce the voiceovers a bit in the future. Swoozie Kurtz was brilliant. (And Ellen Greene, and Jim Dale...really good show for theater people)
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #10
Posted: 7/29/07 at 9:28pm
Anna Friel, Ellen Greene, Jim Dale, Swoozie Kurtz, all Broadway actors.
Finally saw the pilot (thanks, Pab!). I thought the voice-overs got annoying as the show went on and I like all the characters except for the most important one, the protagonist. Love Kurtz, Greene, and Chenoweth, the three of them are hilarious.
Jury's still out on this one for me, it could go either way. I'm not sure it'll find an audience though everyone on imdb.com seems to be raving about it.
Updated On: 7/29/07 at 09:28 PM
BrunetteBombshell
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #11
Posted: 7/29/07 at 10:37pm
Ooh, I didn't know she was apart of the series. I saw a preview for it when I went to see Hairspray and thought it looked kinda interesting.
Ivan the Wonderful Profile PhotoIvan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #12
Posted: 7/29/07 at 10:41pm
It will bomb.
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #13
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:09pm
Possibly. Most pilots end up crashing and burning. But word right now is that it's the most promising pilot of the season- Sarah Connor Chronicles might have a chance, but most of the other projects I've heard of are slated for quick cancellation. Including, unfortunately, Viva Laughlin, but in the meanwhile we have Flight of the Conchords to fulfill our musical television needs.
Ivan the Wonderful Profile PhotoIvan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #14
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:14pm
Where are these on line?
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
JenM9 Profile PhotoJenM9 Profile Photo
JenM9
Swing
Swing
re: Chenoweth and 'Pushing Daisies' #15
Posted: 8/7/07 at 6:49pm
You can find the Pushing Daisies pilot episode here: http://pushingdaisies-tv.com/forums/

I'm not sure but you may have to join to view it.
Updated On: 8/7/07 at 06:49 PM

Page: 1