Page: 1

The View's new permanent cohosts are....

Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The View's new permanent cohosts are....#1
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:42pm
Whoopi and Sherry (I forget her last name).
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sherry "I don't believe in evolution" Shepard.

Makes Elizabeth look like a Mensa member. I hope she takes Babs's advice to "get yourself some education dear, you're raising a child."
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, that one! Yes, now I remember. I saw that show. Sherry didn't exactly come across that day as very bright.
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That was the same week in which she claimed to have taken back her husband who had a child with another woman behind her back because she had been on The View telling the story and "so many View viewers" sent her emails telling her to forgive him.

She's a big dumb liar.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm delighted about Whoopi. She was my choice from the beginning. I think she's perfect for this show.

As for Sherri-considering Barbara's opinion of her, it seems like there's an agenda behind hiring her on. I'm thinking negative thoughts here.
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well Whoopi drinks more of the Daily Kos Kool-Aid than Big Rosie O!
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
TheActr97J Profile PhotoTheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I want Kathy Griffin! re: The View's new permanent cohosts are....
"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Ivan the Wonderful Profile PhotoIvan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I like that girl from Acess Hollywood. I forget her name. But she is hot for a girl.
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The View's new permanent cohosts are....#10
Posted: 7/27/07 at 12:35am
"Well Whoopi drinks more of the Daily Kos Kool-Aid than Big Rosie O!"

Oh why don't you just get a life?
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeah i wanted whoopi and kathy, **** sherry in her dirty disgusting hypocritical mongloid ass
BroomstickBoy Profile PhotoBroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sherri comes off as a total hypocrite. Don't care for her. One minute she's funny then she's Ms. Right Wing Christian. Feh.

Bring on Whoopi and Ross!

Kathy Griffin would have been a RIOT. But I think she has bigger fish to fry. Like, people who get her humor, IE NOT Babwa Wawa.
I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)
jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photojeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Whoopi is just as bad as Rosie. What about Bette Midler? AT least the show would be more entertaining....
Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't necessarily see eye-to-eye with Whoopi on every topic, but I think she is intelligent and well-informed, and I respect her opinions. Will be interesting to see how she grows into this on a day-to-day basis.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wish it was Whoopi and Gayle...or just Whoopi. I can see Whoopi and Elisabeth getting into some pretty intense discussions (I'm sure there'll be some great Elisabeth flip out moments while Whoopi just sits there calmly. She's better at keeping her cool than Rosie), but it's going to get tiresome if Sherri just pops into the discussion with mindless crap all of the time.
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Whoopi is the wrong choice. She gets bored very easily and frequently needs new challenges. She will only last one season. You heard it here first.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The View's new permanent cohosts are....#17
Posted: 7/27/07 at 10:02am
I don't think it would be the end of the world if Whoopi, or any other 'permanent' host, lasted only a year or so. Getting new views can and should keep the show fresh.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The View's new permanent cohosts are....#18
Posted: 7/27/07 at 10:07am
"Getting new views can and should keep the show fresh."

No, I think viewers need to feel a sense of consistency. Shows like this ride on the fact that we know all about Star and her wedding and Elisabeth and her baby. Introducing new people all the time erodes familiarity.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
MatthewAddison Profile PhotoMatthewAddison Profile Photo
MatthewAddison
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
X#19
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:48am
Updated On: 9/7/08 at 11:48 AM
Midnight Radio
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: The View's new permanent cohosts are....#20
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:52am
BTW, nooone has been chosen yet and this is purely speculation.

A number of media outlets, including Extra and The Daily 10 are reporting that Kathy Griffin, Whoopi, and Sherri are all the front-runners and there is also a great deal of speculation that all 3 will be hired and rotate turns at the table, much like Joy and Baba did when the show began.

Lets not count out Kathy yet guys!
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The View's new permanent cohosts are....#21
Posted: 7/27/07 at 12:35pm
They really need to get a Latina on the show. I love the idea of Whoopi.
somethingwicked Profile Photosomethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"A number of media outlets, including Extra and The Daily 10 are reporting that Kathy Griffin, Whoopi, and Sherri are all the front-runners and there is also a great deal of speculation that all 3 will be hired and rotate turns at the table, much like Joy and Baba did when the show began."

ABC already came out and denied the fact that three panelists would rotate, saying that while they loved all three ladies, they "only had room for two new additions to the panel" or something along those lines.
Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.