Page: 1

Democratic Debate Currently On CNN

iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#1
Posted: 7/23/07 at 7:39pm
Is anyone else watching this? It looks as if all candidates are present, and they just spent a segment answering questions on gay marriage/equal rights for homosexuals. I suppose it's probably repitition of what a lot of them have ben saying all along, but it's nice to se them all together, answering questions from votes on the Internet, so that they can be comapred.
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#2
Posted: 7/23/07 at 8:48pm
The Edwards answer on gay marriage -- to the NC minister's wise question about the role religion played in blocking civil rights for women and blacks -- was pitiful. But at least we saw Anderson Cooper push him and the gay marriage question with a heretofore unseen fervor.

Tonight, I liked Biden more than ever before. That answer about the idiot who called his assault rifle a 'baby' brought me to tears. And Richardson. And Dennis, as always. And feel depressed, predictably, because we're still stuck with (read: told of the inevitability of) Hill and Obama. I still don't care for either, I find them slick and facile and pre-programmed, and find them un-electable and creepily self-serving. Obama answered one question honestly -- about his inability to get a taxi in NY. Hill was not offensive, but ever so cautious and safe. I want fire, passion, fire, outrage -- OUTRAGE. I guess I'm mad as hell and don't want to take it anymore. In short, I want Howard Beal, and alas, he ain't running.

But there was a big win -- the format itself. Who could argue with the authenticity, the inherent integrity, in the use of real people asking real questions? At least 75% of them were extraorinary.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 7/23/07 at 08:48 PM
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#2
Posted: 7/23/07 at 9:18pm
Richardson/Kucinich anyone?? I REALLY like Kucinich but not sure he could win. As Vice President maybe. Or hopefully I'm wrong.
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
Ivan the Wonderful Profile PhotoIvan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#3
Posted: 7/23/07 at 9:20pm
I always think a good way to tell who would be prisident is if you can imagine them having sex. Obama is the only one that does that to me. Of course in my mind he is having sex with Anderson Cooper but hey.
"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#4
Posted: 7/23/07 at 9:33pm
"That answer about the idiot who called his assault rifle a 'baby' brought me to tears"

That answer just cost him a lot of support.
grnsmwhr Profile Photogrnsmwhr Profile Photo
grnsmwhr
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#5
Posted: 7/23/07 at 9:47pm
It cost him a lot of votes with those that sleep with their guns which is probably a lot which is unfortunate. I liked Biden and Richardson's responses but I don't think they stand a chance.

I think Hillary has the best chance for winning the Democratic nomination, the least chance of being President. I want whoever can win to get nominated.
You see, obsessions are very personal things, they come from deep inside us, where we are open and vulnerable, which is why I consider them sacred, not to be belittled....PalJoey
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#6
Posted: 7/23/07 at 10:23pm
"I think Hillary has the best chance for winning the Democratic nomination, the least chance of being President."

Amen. This is the basic reality and the basic problem. She cannot win. Period. But onward we sail, supposedly confident as a group, pretending that it's possible. Why are we Democrats so willing to accept only a pyrrhic "moral" victory (a woman ran--three cheer!), and by default allowing the Republican preference to preveail -- an unlectable candicate? Why don't we wake up and smell her as the Republican choice (Rupert Murdoch, funding her), beatable from day one?

Who wants another 8 years of Republican rule? Raise your hand, and separate yourself, before it's too late, from this candidate who will never, ever take a single red state. (Name one--I defy you--do the math for the electoral college). If she's the presumptive candidate, it's over. OVER.

Updated On: 7/23/07 at 10:23 PM
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#7
Posted: 7/23/07 at 10:56pm
Gore will be the candidate come November 2008.
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#8
Posted: 7/23/07 at 11:23pm
I will send him the brd diet, it will work for just about a 18 months.
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#9
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:39am
Pal J, if you're right about Gore, I'll buy you a new laptop, or a lap dance, or a lap dog.
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#10
Posted: 7/24/07 at 8:32pm
Was anyone else pleased with the fact that gay marriage was such a big topic? They talked more about that than immigration. Both are serious issues, but I'm glad gay issues are finally being talked about. Maybe I can get married someday???
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#11
Posted: 7/24/07 at 11:10pm
Well, Anderson Cooper was hosting the debate, so of course gay issues were being discussed.

And, for those who have mentioned that Ms. Clinton has no chance of winning the election: read the polls. She wins head to head against any Republican. And the Republicans have already thrown everything in the book at her. She'll only improve over time. Mark my words.

However, Kucinich is my man, and I will undoubtdly be voting for him.
"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#12
Posted: 7/24/07 at 11:16pm
I was actually pretty pleased with this debate because it gave me an opportunity to see lesser-publicized candidates like Biden and Dodd and, even, Kucinich talk about the issues that mattered to me. i must say, I did like the way Kucinich was talking, and same with Biden (who I felt was the winner of the whole debate last night).

Still, Hillary was incrediblly well-spoken throughout the whole thing. My family tends to think that she's too cold and calculated, but I found her to be very human and professional last night--she might not be at the very top of my list, but I do think she's got a shot and I would have no qualms about voting for her.
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#13
Posted: 7/24/07 at 11:19pm
She will never win the electoral college. Never. The sooner we deal with it, the better.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#14
Posted: 7/25/07 at 10:30am
Auggie do you think there are many state Bill Clinton carried that Hilary Clinton can't?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#15
Posted: 7/25/07 at 2:42pm
I have no idea how anyone can claim Clinton can't win the electoral college. I don't know anyone who'd be willing to call an electoral race now -- since so much depends on what is up for vote in each state.

However, if you want to trend based on the past, it'll all come down to Ohio again, and based on the polls in Ohio, Clinton looks like a slight favorite. Which is pretty far from the claim that she will "never win the electoral...never."

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#16
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:51pm
How about all that sniping between Obama and Hillary?
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#17
Posted: 7/25/07 at 4:52pm
It was a debate.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#18
Posted: 7/25/07 at 5:01pm
Oh dear, you misunderstood...again

all the cell phone sniping...

you know the kind that you foster on BWW almost every day?
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Democratic Debate Currently On CNN#19
Posted: 7/25/07 at 5:02pm
"It was a debate."

Do you really believe THAT?