"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey
G_Schlozinski2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Updated On: 7/24/07 at 11:15 AM
Kringas
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I, for one, would love to see a decline in the casual use of "bitch" in the place of a pronoun.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How about as a noun, bitch?
Kringas
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I find it titillating that way.
G_Schlozinski2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
a
Updated On: 7/24/07 at 11:25 AM
Midnight Radio
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Basically, she was implicating that she felt it was tacky of Tammy Faye to go on Larry King and be interviewed in her very unhealthy state and that she would'nt be remembered as being at her best, like her best friend Beverly Sills. She further went on to make sure to correct Elisabeth, who said Tammy was amazing because she was not only a Christian figure head but also a gay icon, by saying that the 2 were not at the same time. Also, the guest host said that she believes that Tammy will now be remembered as a corageous and strong woman, and Baba said she doesnt know if she agrees with that.

To me, it was just all extremely tacky on her part and even if she felt that way, it would have been better unsaid.
Updated On: 7/23/07 at 11:29 AM
jimnysf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
These days, tacky and Barbara Walters go hand in hand. Does anyone still watch "The View"?
"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.
G_Schlozinski2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor

Updated On: 7/24/07 at 12:03 PM
cheezedoodle
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Baba Wawa trashes Tammy Faye as we speak#10
Posted: 7/23/07 at 12:09pm
"Basically, she was implicating that she felt it was tacky of Tammy Faye to go on Larry King and be interviewed in her very unhealthy state and that she would'nt be remembered as being at her best, like her best friend Beverly Sills."

I find this statement fascinating. Tammy Faye will never be seen in such a light as Walters suggests, as it was her undying faith and spirit that endured through her illness rather than the physical problems she could not overcome. I think she was very brave going on the air one last time to allow everyone to share in that spirit and love as hard as it was to face the harshness of her illness.

Sills made the decision to drop out at the top of her game - personal choice - not a bad one, but for Walters to compare the two I find idiotic and sad. I still think she is pissed that Lauer scooped her on the Royal interview of Harry and William and all she has been offered lately was Paris Hilton. Talk about not being on the top of ones game any longer.
"Oh Link...your pork is ready..." - Edna Turnblad
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Baba Wawa trashes Tammy Faye as we speak#11
Posted: 7/23/07 at 12:10pm
I thought it was a little rude myself. I wish they would find a new host so Barbara can go back to random episodes.
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
JohnBoy2 Profile PhotoJohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Baba Wawa trashes Tammy Faye as we speak#12
Posted: 7/23/07 at 12:50pm
She's a bitch, as are all the cows who sit on The View.
G_Schlozinski2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
m
Updated On: 7/23/07 at 01:36 PM
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
*** oops sorry, I hit that send too soon!***
TFM will be remembered for many things. Some good, some not so good. I for one will remember for some of her final thoughts on Larry King, "I want you to find peace. I want you to find joy"
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
Updated On: 7/23/07 at 01:43 PM
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Let's remember Tammy died the next day. It couldn't have been easy for her to appear on tv as she was about to die.

I can't stand Barbara, never could. I can't wait until the karma wheel stops on her number.

Karma's a BITCH!
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How else do you demonstrate faith to the world? Faith isn't particularly difficult when you've got millions and are healthy. Faith is faith when you've been pushed up against a wall and are literally on death's door.

THAT, to me, is what I will remember Tammy Faye for.
"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown