Page: 1

Adam Rapp's Red Light Winter coming Off-B'way

Smaxie Profile PhotoSmaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Steppenwolf production of Adam Rapp's Red Light Winter is coming Off-Broadway in January, at the Barrow Street Theatre. Anyone see it in Chicago?
Red Light Winter
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
katygrace84 Profile Photokatygrace84 Profile Photo
katygrace84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw it and it was FABULOUS! One of the most amazing things I've ever seen.
"Bush and Cheney have turned into the Dukes of Hazzard, just like every week, they get themselves into these crazy predicaments, 'ain't no way the Duke boys are gettin' outta this one,' then they jump the General Lee over the Bill of Rights, it's fucking insane!" - Patton Oswalt
SorryGrateful
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw it twice and wish I'd seen it more. All three actors are perfect in the roles, but I especially thought Gary Wilmes was chilling.
You promised me poems. ~Tricky
katygrace84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
SG teases me about this but I still think that the dialogue is especially brilliant. I've never just been completely blown away by dialogue like that before. This was undoubtedly one of the most moving things I have ever seen. My advice to all you New Yorkers: GO SEE THIS!!! It's absolutely brilliant.
"Bush and Cheney have turned into the Dukes of Hazzard, just like every week, they get themselves into these crazy predicaments, 'ain't no way the Duke boys are gettin' outta this one,' then they jump the General Lee over the Bill of Rights, it's fucking insane!" - Patton Oswalt
SorryGrateful
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I didn't tease you about that. I teased you because you were suddenly ultra-obsessed with Christopher Denham. Get it straight. re: Adam Rapp's Red Light Winter coming Off-B'way
You promised me poems. ~Tricky
katygrace84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
With good reason! He was just so completely moving in that role! I wanted to hop up onstage and give him a hug (among other things). All three of the cast members were wonderful. And SG is right about Gary Wilmes- he's completely chilling.
katygrace84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bumpety bump! I can't believe no one else wants to weigh in on this! Were SG and I the only people who saw it in Chicago and thought it was amazing? I'd love to get a discussion going with anyone who saw it.