Page: 1

London Critics

Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
London Critics#0
Posted: 10/23/03 at 9:26pm
After reading their reviews of Millie & remembering the hatchet jobs they did on "Napoleon" , "Lautrec" & "Metropolis" I think these guys make NY critics look like ****cats. Boy are they nasty & vicious. Kind of like a group of the old John Simons writing every review. It is a wonder anything succeeds over there.
Poster Emeritus
BoxOfficeJon Profile PhotoBoxOfficeJon Profile Photo
BoxOfficeJon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: London Critics#1
Posted: 10/23/03 at 10:35pm
And let us not forget "Always"~~

I think Metropolis.. if done right could have been brilliant given the chance. The music is fanastic!
...this is wrong on so many levels... Diane Lane in "Must Love Dogs" "If you have poo, now is the time to fling it" -- The Monkey's from Madagascar
JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: London Critics#2
Posted: 10/23/03 at 11:01pm
Yeah but those three shows suck.
sharon1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: London Critics#3
Posted: 10/24/03 at 9:46am
For as long as I can remember the British press has had a reputation of being particularly malicious. Not just critics. Just about everyone that writes for papers, tabloids, etc. On other boards there seems to a "why aren't there more shows" in the West End. "Why can't we be more like Broadway". Maybe it is harder to mount a production across the pond. I don't know.
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: London Critics#4
Posted: 10/24/03 at 9:59am
Don't knock the London critics, higher standards (than those we Americans tend to favor) are never a crime.

Broadway Bulldog
(just back from London)
sharon1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: London Critics#5
Posted: 10/24/03 at 11:59am
Do you really believe "a higher standard" or maybe a different standard???
BoxOfficeJon Profile PhotoBoxOfficeJon Profile Photo
BoxOfficeJon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: London Critics#6
Posted: 10/24/03 at 12:04pm
John Popa-- I disagree with you. I liked Metropolis. I thought Judy Kuhn was excellent-- it was just sloppy.
...this is wrong on so many levels... Diane Lane in "Must Love Dogs" "If you have poo, now is the time to fling it" -- The Monkey's from Madagascar