Page: 1

Dick Cheney: The Spirit of Hermann Goering

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"If we make the wrong choice (Nov. 2) then the danger is that we'll get hit again and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States."
--- Dick Cheney, yesterday.

"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." --- Hermann Goering, April 18, 1946, awaiting the Nuremberg trials
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Goering quote can't be recycled enough.

Does no one wish to comment on the obvious irony? We were "hit" the last time, on "their watch." No matter how much one scrutinizes the errors in the Clinton Administration (and per the commision, there were plenty), 9/11 was 9 months into the Bush regime; it's beyond arrogant to imply we're "safer" with this Administration. And oh yes, look at the nightmarish events of the last week--the war in Iraq, er "on terror" has certainly made terrorists of all types less bold, hasn't it? Yeah, Dick, they're quaking everywhere because of us.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RICE: I believe the title was, "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States."

Anyway, thank you Pal Joey--that certainly is the tact used by the religious right and by our current administration.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: dick cheney: the spirit of dracula#3
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:07pm
i can't tell which i liked better: the fate assigned to kerry voters, the cloak or the casting of entrails. now whatever you do, don't make matzos for the terrorists that you should be expecting, that just makes 'em mad.

http://www.wonkette.com/archives/were-just-glad-theyre-not-using-911-for-political-purposes-020944.php
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: dick cheney: the spirit of dracula#4
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:15pm
If we get hit again, how would it NOT be devastating to the United States? Does he think they might use firecrackers? Or a cannon that pops out a little flag that says "BANG!"?
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian