Since there are so many topics about books.......

spiderdj82 Profile Photospiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I will just add one more to the pile. What is your ALL TIME favorite book that you can read over and over again and still love it?

Mine is LIGHTNING by Dean Koontz. Time travel, Nazis, mystery, romance. I can read it every day.
"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
insomniak
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Will I sound to cliche and underread if I say Harry Potter? I was actually a fan before they came to the US, I remember back when no one had ever heard of them. I must have read them all at least a fifty times, though not so much lately.
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not at all. My favorite out of that series is PRISONER OF AZKABAN. I didn't like the Fifth one that much. I think it could have lost 200 pages or so and been a lot better. But anywho........
"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
N0tThatGirl213 Profile PhotoN0tThatGirl213 Profile Photo
N0tThatGirl213
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" and, also at the risk of sounding cliche, "Wicked."

But the Harry Potter books are great too. My mom and I always fight over them when a new one comes out.
"A little humility wouldn't hurt." --Ellie, Constantine-Hellblazer, "Dangerous Habits"
shlamdiddly Profile Photoshlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The golden Compass, The subtle knife and The amber spyglass. Ii've read them about 5 times each.
You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?
insomniak
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is fantastic. If you liked it, I highly recommend 'My Heartbeat' by Garret Freyman-Wery. I think I read it all in one sitting.

I like Prisoner and I love Phoenix. I actually didn't like number five the first time around, but then I got to be Harry's age and realized how accurate all that angst is... as for length, I finished it just after dinner on the day it came out, so it was not too long for me.

edit to say I didn't love the His Dark Materials trilogy. They got slow for me.
Updated On: 8/11/04 at 08:23 PM
bythesword84 Profile Photobythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings
The Song Reader by Lisa Tucker
And hang on, when did you win the discus?
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hate you people that can read a book in a day (over 200 pages). I can't do that. I takes me at least a week to finish.
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Every book I have, I've read a million times, I love all of them.

My classic- 2nd grade favorite that I STILL read (much to criticism that I read 1st grade reading once in a while), anything in the Laura Ingalls Wilder realm. I have the whole collection.

Classics I love- The Giver, Catcher in the Rye, Little Women, tons of that stuff. Easy to read now, but they're old favorites that I can read over and over again.

EDIT: Oh yes, I love being a fast reader. I finished two of my summer reading books in one day. Love it!
Updated On: 8/11/04 at 08:25 PM
insomniak
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I hate you people that can read a book in a day (over 200 pages). I can't do that. I takes me at least a week to finish. "

It's a lovely skill to be able to read a four hundred page book in a few hours... I need to be able to do it for tests and such. I've been known to start novels a few periods before the exam over them.
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ERGGGGGGGGGG. The only book I ever read in a day was.......all of the CHRONICLES OF NARNIA books, LOIS DUNCAN and CHRISTOPHER PIKE BOOKS. And the only reason, is because they are only a little over 100 pages. My favorite teen novel is STARLIGHT CRYSTAL by Christopher Pike. LOVE IT!!!!!
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I read the fourth Harry Potter book in one sitting, directly after taking it home from the book store at midnight.
Would've done the same with 5, but I had work at 7:00 the next day.
I did finish it before the day was through, though.
I've reread the Harry Potter books far too many times.

But I've read Hamlet the most (I know, it's a play and not a book, but I'm counting it).
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
N0tThatGirl213 Profile PhotoN0tThatGirl213 Profile Photo
N0tThatGirl213
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ooo gotta love Hamlet...and yeah, I did that with the Harry Potter books too. I was lucky enough to have a sprained ankle the day that 4 came out...
"A little humility wouldn't hurt." --Ellie, Constantine-Hellblazer, "Dangerous Habits"
insomniak
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For some odd reason, I only liked every other one in the Chronicles of Narnia. I am a fantasy junkie, though. I just started 'A Great and Terrible Beauty' and I love Tamora Pierce's books.

Good teen novels... hmm. The aforemetioned 'My Heartbeat', Speak (though I think everyone has read this)... I am drawing a blank. I have a headache. Oh, I LOVE Francesca Lia Block. No one writes like her.

Lois Duncan... Did she write Killing Mr.Griffin? Or am I hallucinating? I can't remember.
Updated On: 8/11/04 at 08:35 PM
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yes she did. My favorite of hers is, DAUGHTERS OF EDEN.
insomniak
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I will check it out next time I'm at the library.

How do you guys feel about classics? I hated Great Expectations but loved Frankenstein.
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My favorite "classic" is PARADISE LOST (although it is not really a novel)
insomniak
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have not read it yet, planning to. I liked The Scarlet Letter, which suprised me.

Speaking of Scarlett, I want to add Gone With the Wind to my list of books I love to pieces. Best romance novel ever written.
judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
FALL ON YOUR KNEES by Ann-Marie MacDonald.

.......get your minds out of the gutter.
insomniak
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I live in the gutter, since it is conviently located in my hometown of DeNial.
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Welcome back Judy.........missed you. Anyway, WONDER BOYS by: Michael Chabon and SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE by Kurt Vonnegut are two AMAZING books.
judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
as is THE CATCHER IN THE RYE by J.D. Salinger. That book actually made me really take a lot of things into consideration, including the fact that all of my friends are phonies re: Since there are so many topics about books.......
And the best non-fiction book I've ever read is GET HAPPY (the Judy Garland bio). Awesome!
TheGirlinTheFrock Profile PhotoTheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I read allof the Harry Potter books. My favorite one would have to be The Prisoner of Azkaban. Maybe because its the only one that doesnt involve He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (hehe just wanted to say that) directly.

Lord of the Rings was great. I do not like books where half of it is description, but loved the way this was done. I felt so drawn in. It was fantastic.
Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"
shlamdiddly Profile Photoshlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
LadyGuenevere...The Giver is one of the only books we've read in school that I've loved. Others I've also really like were To Kill a Mockingbird and Catcher in the Rye. There are bunches of other books I like but I can't think of them right now
You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?
Updated On: 8/11/04 at 09:01 PM
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
To Kill a Mockingbird ~ Harper Lee
The Lovely Bones ~ Alice Sebold
The Notebook ~ Nicholas Sparks
The Wedding ~ Nicholas Sparks
Summer Sisters ~ Judy Blume
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...