Phobias

midtowngym Profile Photomidtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#0
Posted: 7/10/04 at 11:27am
Well, I live in NYC and I have a fear of Republicans so it's a good thing there aren't too many around....WHAT? Can that be right? The radio just said something about a Republican convention in NYC? Next Month? HELP! I must leave town immediately!! IS this a joke? It's like holding an NAACP meeting in Iowa
'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston
chinkie azn jai Profile Photochinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#1
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:08pm
Ok, my phobia is pretty lame and stupid but, I have a fear agaisnt loud noises. SOME fireworks bother me...but still im not scared of them...just the noise. Even at Les Miz, i was convering my ears during the bomb scenes. For this reason, i could never fire a gun, therefore never be in the army! haha =D
"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#2
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:13pm
BOO!
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
bmeonbway2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Phobias#3
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:13pm
It's not lame or stupid..... I understand! You should have seen me sitting through Assassins with my hands over my ears!
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#4
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:19pm
You think a fear of loud noises is lame? I have a phobia of cotton wool.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#5
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:21pm
Republicans......
People with the last name Bush.....
Rednecks.........
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#6
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:21pm
I have a fear of computers. Don't ask me why but I never touch the things.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
chinkie azn jai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#7
Posted: 7/10/04 at 12:45pm
Nice try Matt_G, the computer makes no noise! =D
"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#8
Posted: 7/10/04 at 1:15pm
I have the same phobia about loud noises! Just HATE them and if anyone on stage is even holding a gun, I'm tense and terrified until either it's actually shot off or put away. Cried through fireworks as a kid, and my cruel parents ALWAYS took me to the Memorial Day parades where they shot guns! Cried through those too. Wow, I was a fun kid.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#9
Posted: 7/10/04 at 2:13pm
"Planes. I'm not afraid of crashing, I'm afraid of circling."
--Fran Leibowitz
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
SammyGal Profile PhotoSammyGal Profile Photo
SammyGal
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#10
Posted: 7/10/04 at 4:21pm
I have a terrible fear of insects. They're just SO gross and creepy!

I also have a fear of republicans and red necks like BG2.

midtown- the RNC comes every year, they go to every state. They'll be here end of August (in time for my b-day. BLEGH!) I know there are protests in NYC when they're here. :)
the DNC will be here end of July.
On a clear day I can see myself for miles ~Taboo
shesings Profile Photoshesings Profile Photo
shesings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#11
Posted: 7/10/04 at 5:34pm
GERMS!!!
dramaqueen Profile Photodramaqueen Profile Photo
dramaqueen
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Phobias#12
Posted: 7/10/04 at 10:32pm
chinkie and rath- ihave the same fear! i still do sob through fireworks, and thru parades, i jump a couple feet in the air, when a motorcycle or siren passes, and if there is a gun in scene, i just put my hands over my ears ahead of time.
i also have a huge fear of dogs
:) cco
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#13
Posted: 7/10/04 at 10:34pm
Fear of the unknown...and I think I am a little bit homophopic.
CCM '10!
johny0828 Profile Photojohny0828 Profile Photo
johny0828
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Phobias#14
Posted: 7/10/04 at 11:33pm
clowns scare the **** out of me. i guess it's from seeing poltergise? when i was younger.
TheGirlinTheFrock Profile PhotoTheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#15
Posted: 7/10/04 at 11:59pm
Clowns - i blame Stephen Kings's "IT"
Bees - Nuff' said
Being buried Alive- Got an MRI last year. Never been the same since. I wanted to scream. Freak out if i am underneath a bridge while a train is passing over it too.
Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"
starlyricist Profile Photostarlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Phobias#16
Posted: 7/11/04 at 12:03am
I'm utterly heterophobic. Straight people scare the bejeezuz out of me. re: Phobias
Okay, and anything insecty...flies, spiders...EWW. I run and scream like a little girl. I have the Orkin man on speed-dial. His name is Bob. I heart Bob.
There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]
Updated On: 7/11/04 at 12:03 AM
aspiringguy715 Profile Photoaspiringguy715 Profile Photo
aspiringguy715
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#17
Posted: 7/11/04 at 12:07am
ugh agreed about bugs starlyricist, i get so fidgety with bugs...it's horrible, i say that i'd make all bugs extinct in a second if it was upto me...ugh i get goosebumps thinking of spiders and flies etc...
kidnapping scared me for the longest time and i'm just now getting over it.
i'm still undecided about the fear of death thing
Joel: Nope. Osidius, right there, swoop and cross.
Clementine: Shut the fuck up!
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Updated On: 7/11/04 at 12:07 AM
chinkie azn jai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#18
Posted: 7/11/04 at 12:53am
YAY I'm not alone with my phobia re: Phobias. At Nine, when guido has his hand on the gun, i knew he wasnt going to shoot it but, i had my hand near my head in preparation anyways.
Clarinetbiter135 Profile PhotoClarinetbiter135 Profile Photo
Clarinetbiter135
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Phobias#19
Posted: 7/11/04 at 12:56am
Terrified of dead people. That has always seemed like a really dumb fear to me... I mean, they're dead, for crying out loud. What are they going to do. Too many zombie movies, I suppose...
eponine88
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Phobias#20
Posted: 7/11/04 at 5:46pm
Strange, but......
I am absolutely terrified of women in red scarves. I think it has something to do with the audience members conduct the last time I saw DotV. O my god, my sister just bought me a red scarf today! (runs away screaming)
chinkie azn jai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#21
Posted: 7/11/04 at 5:55pm
Thats another one of mine (dead ppl), i hate funerals....especially if its open casket *shudders*. soo i could never be in the armed forces, or a mortision/funeral director.
Updated On: 7/11/04 at 05:55 PM
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#22
Posted: 7/11/04 at 6:22pm
I have a thing with dead people too.... This might sound incredibly insensitive, but I don't want any sh!t from anyone for it anyway... that being said:

When my father died of Cancer in September we had a closed casket wake/funeral. He had lost so much weight being sick that he didn't even look like himself anymore, so we figured it was the best way. Anyway, so I'm next of kin because I'm the first born child and a legal adult (my parents were divorced), and they wanted me to identify the body. I wouldn't/couldn't do it so I sent my grandmother (his mom) in instead of me. Also, before the wake they had the casket open for "family viewing"... well I couldn't go in. I had to wait in the lobby until they closed the casket.

It's not a new thing -- at every funeral/wake I've been to, I've had the same problem if the casket is open. I think it has something to do with some of the murder photos my sadistic grandfather used to show me as a child lol. Okay, that makes him sound really bad... I should explain that too. He was a high profile photographer for the NY Daily News and got sent on all these messed up jobs/stories.. I still shudder at some of the murder scene photos I saw!

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Updated On: 7/11/04 at 06:22 PM
SmrtAss
Understudy
Understudy
re: Phobias#23
Posted: 7/11/04 at 6:42pm
I have an intense fear of being without air conditioning. Damn, I'm spoiled.
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phobias#24
Posted: 7/11/04 at 11:29pm
Have I mentioned waitresses?
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!