Page: 1

Movie Musicals

Victoria Grant Profile PhotoVictoria Grant Profile Photo
Victoria Grant
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Movie Musicals#0
Posted: 6/13/03 at 2:12am
So I've heard from either clips from TV or magazine articles that because Chicago the Movie was a sucess The film industry is going to be doing more.

Latest news is:

a possible Guys & Dolls with Nicole Kidman as Adalaide
Sunset Blvd with Liza Minellie

I could see Liza as Norma Desmond in Sunset. I don't know about Nicole for Guys and Dolls

Thats just my opinpion.
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Movie Musicals#1
Posted: 6/13/03 at 2:17am
(shhhhh, keep on the downlow) Toni Braxton's trying to get Disney to record the last company of Aida onto DVD. Disney wants to go with a bang before closing.

Why don't they turn musicals which have never hit the big screen into movies? Guys and Dolls has been done already!
Amneris Profile PhotoAmneris Profile Photo
Amneris
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Movie Musicals#2
Posted: 6/13/03 at 8:01am
is ms. braxton still doing AIDA? people have been saying that shes pregnant lol.
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Movie Musicals#3
Posted: 6/13/03 at 8:02am
I know! I saw her at the tonys, and she looked pregnant.
bestofbroadway
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: Movie Musicals#4
Posted: 6/13/03 at 8:27am
Every time I hear Toni Braxton's name and a broadway show in the same sentence I get sick to my stomach. She was HORRIBLE in Beauty and the Beast. The woman has a range of about 2 notes. They'll have to transpose the role of AIDA for a bass.
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Movie Musicals#5
Posted: 6/13/03 at 8:28am
HORRIBLE in Beauty and the beat??? Are you Nuts? She wasn't horrible!!!!!!!!!1 Horrible is too nice of a word. Not only did she trash the show, she turned Belle into a whore!
bestofbroadway
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: re: Movie Musicals#6
Posted: 6/13/03 at 8:58am
HAHAHA
Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex Profile PhotoAlvin and My Sheepdog Rex Profile Photo
Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Movie Musicals#7
Posted: 6/13/03 at 11:17am
Chicago the movie was so Wonderful, I wouldn't to be the musical that follows it on the Big Screen. Comparisons will be inevitable!
My perfect day would begin at on the beach in Hana, Maui and end at a Broadway Musical.
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Braxton#8
Posted: 6/13/03 at 11:56am
She better be! They turned down Michelle from Destiny's Child from her and god knows Michelle would have raked in 10x more profit than Toni with the teens.
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Nicole Guys and Dolls#9
Posted: 6/13/03 at 1:09pm
dont they want Nicole as the church going Sarah??? I thought so, she fits that better.
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aida the movie#10
Posted: 6/13/03 at 7:16pm
I think Aida would make a great movie musical, but not with Toni Braxton in the lead.
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
BillyLawlor Profile PhotoBillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Liza MInelli works#11
Posted: 6/16/03 at 4:12pm
Tony Braxton sang a little bit of "The Gods Of Nubia" on the tony preshow. She definately does not have the voice to belt out the role of Aida. I think that a movie musical of Aida would actually work pretty well. I would like to see Guys and Dolls. I guess Nicole Kidman could be in it, but definately not as Miss Adelaide. I think that she would make a good Sara. How about Renee Zellwegger as Adelaide? Or better yet...HARVEY!!