May I please have some water?.

DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
May I please have some water?.#0
Posted: 3/30/04 at 6:36pm
I've already been warned more times than I care to say to NOT drink the water out of any water cooler or sink so I need bottled water.

Since I drink at least 32 oz of water a day (understatement there), I would like to pick up a six/twelve pack (of water) at a grocery store. I'm sure the prices would be more reasonable. I don't doubt it's two or three bucks a bottle out and about, right?

So the question is: Is there a grocery store somewhere near TS?

Also, do your Subways take those little stamp cards they give out? The ones where you get a free 6 inch sub or wrap if you buy a drink? If so, then hoorah! I have about 6 of those cards.

Many thanks all!

D
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: May I please have some water?.#1
Posted: 3/30/04 at 6:57pm
The Duane Reade drug store chain has a few shelves of food & there are plenty of them in the area

A word of warning Sometimes bottled water is nothing more than tap water . I have heard this from a few news sources. Nothing rom with good old tap water.
Poster Emeritus
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: May I please have some water?.#2
Posted: 3/30/04 at 7:02pm
Many thanks, Mr. R but my understanding is that at least it is filtered water. I don't know what you people have in your water but some of the first words out of most peoples mouth when I tell them I'm going/coming (Lord, I'm both coming and going!) to NYC is "DO NOT DRINK FROM A TAP".

I'm packing some Pepdo as just in case as well.

re: re: May I please have some water?.
D
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
well it says on the bottle if its just tap or, filtered, or purified or spring water. If you are looking for pure water go with the purified, thats where they evaporate and add the minerals afterward. Makes sure nothing nasty is in there.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't live that far from Zephyrhills so I know about bottled water. Do you get Zephyrhills bottled water up your way>

D
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Supposedly NYC water is rated some of the best. I have been drinking it for years & I am still here. If bottled water does it for you great. I do not worry about things like that. No matter what you do something will get you one day so why sweat the small stuff. The additives in meat & food will get you long before the water does
Poster Emeritus
innocentchoirboy Profile Photoinnocentchoirboy Profile Photo
innocentchoirboy
Stand-by
Stand-by
well at least NYC doesn't wake up every morning to hear that everyone who lives within two hours of it could be dead in a few minutes cause their water contains lead. DC is getting Frickin' annoying. i don't know why this is all coming about now--if its such a problem, don't you think we'd be hearing aobut people with lead poisining? well we aren't. all we hear is that its just another government screw up coverup scandal crap thing. sigh.... just buy a cart and wheel one of those big water jugs around with you with a straw in the top. or go to RI. the tap water there is AMAZING!!
"We ought to make the pie higher." --George W. Bush, South Carolina Republican Debate; February 15, 2000
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I didn't mean to insult your water, I'm just going by what I've been told. I'm sure our tap water might upset some people as well. I know I wouldn't touch it. You can smell it at least a foot away from the drinking fountain. YUCK!

I'm part of the water club at work so I get bottled water there as well.

Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hunh. Where did you hear that the tap water in RI is amazing?
innocentchoirboy
Stand-by
Stand-by
i have family there, and i know from experience that the tap water there is better than bottled water. this is from the kid who would throw up if he tasted tap water. (obviously VA water is crap)
"We ought to make the pie higher." --George W. Bush, South Carolina Republican Debate; February 15, 2000
Stand-by
Stand-by
I lived there for almost fifteen years and we were always getting notices that our tap water was contaminated. Check next time, just about every house uses a water filter of some sort.
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lead poisoning leads to mental retardation in children thats all I'm going to say take that however you'd like it. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: May I please have some water?. (Lived in DC long ICB?)re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: May I please have some water?.
innocentchoirboy
Stand-by
Stand-by
retartedchoirboy#12
Posted: 3/30/04 at 8:07pm
my area has yet to be diagnosed. but thanks for that vote of confidence. and i filter my water, thankyou very much!
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: retartedchoirboy#13
Posted: 3/30/04 at 8:12pm
Hey join the club. when I was a child lead was one of my four basic food groups! I remember that first sweet taste of the lead paint chips in that upstairs window. Sweet, but a little hard to swallow. I have fond memories of my first year of first grade... (I am kidding, but i think the paint that began flaking off our upstairs window were lead based. Good thing I never got the bright idea to stick them in my mouth when I was younger.)
Updated On: 3/30/04 at 08:12 PM
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: retartedchoirboy#14
Posted: 3/30/04 at 8:30pm
There's a Food Emporium on 8th Ave. I think it's on the corner of 47th or 48th Street. You should be able to get your bottled water there.

The subways only take Metro cards.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: retartedchoirboy#15
Posted: 3/30/04 at 8:31pm
Thanks, DP! re: re: re: retartedchoirboy
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: retartedchoirboy#16
Posted: 3/30/04 at 8:39pm
Remember, I'm known to my theater pals as "DolyP"
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: retartedchoirboy#17
Posted: 3/30/04 at 8:48pm
DP can stand for that or are you saying I'm a theater pal?

D
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: retartedchoirboy#18
Posted: 3/30/04 at 8:52pm
Quite frankly I haven't decided exactly what you are. Stay tuned.
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL! Iíll wait with baited breath.

D
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One thing's certain, if you're consuming 32 oz of H2O every day, you are water logged.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
defending our nyc tap water which i drink everyday...

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/GoodMorningAmerica/GMA010511Water_study.html
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not to mention, 32 oz per day isn't really that much. I aim for 64.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
NY water is super delish! It's why bagels in NYC are the best in the world... other bakeries in other places SAY they have NYC bagels but they don't. The water is the secret ingredient.

Still, if you're into bottled water, there are corner delis and drugstores all over TS to buy some.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The tap water scare is something invented by the bottled water companies to get you to pay for water. Sure some tap water may not be as pure as the driven snow, but most major cities pay a good deal for safe water. So if you want "safe" you can go with tap, but if you want "fine tasting", well, your pocket book it the limit.
PEACE.