Page: 1

Apartment Search ... Please Help!

broadway1564
Understudy
Understudy
Apartment Search ... Please Help!#0
Posted: 3/3/04 at 9:36pm
Okay ... I am looking to get an apartment. I've looked at a lot of the web sites for New York apartments and they are so crazy. Would someone answer my questions?

1. Where do I get an agent? through a web site?
2. What web sites are the best for finding apartments?
3. What are subleasing? How managable is that?

I'm in a tizzy trying to figure out my moving schedule. I would LOVE som feedback from some New Yorkies ... THANKS!
broadway1564
Understudy
Understudy
re: Apartment Search ... Please Help!#1
Posted: 3/3/04 at 9:36pm
AND P.S. ... I hate being a "Chorus Member"
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Apartment Search ... Please Help!#2
Posted: 3/3/04 at 10:23pm
1. What are you trying to get an agent for? Are you talking about a broker for finding an apartment?

2. www.craigslist.com & villagevoice.com

3. Subleasing is when you rent from someone who is a tenant of someone else. For example, I have an apartment in NYC. If I go away to do a 3 month tour, you could rent my apartment while I'm gone. You would be subleasing. You have to be very careful with subleasing because if it is not done properly (with the landlord's consent), it can get you in a lot of trouble.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

ive been at craigslist A LOT! I dont wanna move back home after I graduate!

-C
broadway1564
Understudy
Understudy
Thanks for your help Gothampc ... I think Craig's list looks great. And the VILLAGE VOICE web site is so much more managable.

If anyone has any other great suggestions for apartment search, let me know.

Yes, agent = broker.