Broadway Legend
19 counts of what?
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He should have been thrown in jail. This guy is so self-serving. He has no respect for the town of New Paltz which is a little town that can't handle all of this commotion.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
c'mon, the kid's 26 and he's the mayor who ran from the green party. jail? ya really like making martyrs don't ya, gotham?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The mayor isn't concerned about how the town is going to pay for the extra police and sanitation needed to handle the crowd.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"He should have been thrown in jail. This guy is so self-serving. He has no respect for the town of New Paltz which is a little town that can't handle all of this commotion"

Aw, c'mon. New Paltz already fields a town full of college kids and legions of rock climbers from the Gunks without batting an eyelash. A few gay weddings isn't gonna do 'em in.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A few gay weddings isn't gonna do 'em in.

Currently New Paltz's waiting list has over 1,000 couples. I don't think 2,000+ people are "a few".
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I feel a breeze from the 60s in the air.

As Frank Rich said in the Sunday piece, post Bush's mean-spirited Amendment fervor, this is now a bonafide movement with momentum all its own. The civil disobedience aspect gives a poignant nod to some civil right roots.

On a far more shallow note, in both SF and N. Palz, we have cute young, straight white men taking up the cause. Poster Boys for the new gay movement -- straight male martyrs. It makes the whole thing -- well, I used the word poignant already. In this June's gay rights parade, look for these fellas to ride floats, surrounded by drag queens. The new century has begun on the domestic front.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have you ever been in New Paltz during a climbing festival weekend? 1000 happy couples is nothing in comparison. It's a funky town with a lot of spirit. I have faith in them.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Am I the only one who finds Justin West to be absolutely adorable?
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He's very cute!

Let the revolution begin!

If there is a march on Washington, I'm there!
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I grew up near New Paltz. I know the town very well. The difference is that when the tourist season starts they are prepared for it. The town isn't prepared to handle large crowds in February. I'm not saying this shouldn't happen. I'm just pointing out that the mayor should be thinking of the township first, not making a name for himself. Bigger cities like New York and San Francisco can handle something like this, New Paltz can't.
ErikJ972 Profile PhotoErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jail?!? I wonder how many dollars those thousand gay couples are going to be bringing to businesses of New Paltz. I'm sure the business owners of New Paltz are complaining all the way to the jail.
As for the mayor. Good for him. There's nothing that turns me on more than a little civil disobedience.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If Jason West is sentenced to any jail time, I volunteer to be his cellmate! He gets better looking every time I see him on TV!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)