Page: 1

Big Fish (The Movie)

Victoria Grant Profile PhotoVictoria Grant Profile Photo
Victoria Grant
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Big Fish (The Movie)#0
Posted: 2/19/04 at 12:39am
Did anyone see this movie? I was disappointed with the whole thing. The preview set it up to be a great movie.
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Big Fish (The Movie)#1
Posted: 2/19/04 at 12:41am

I enjoyed it but the previews did show the best scenes and it was tim burton wasnt it? Surprisingly 'normal' for him.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Big Fish (The Movie)#2
Posted: 2/19/04 at 8:02am
I saw it. It was ok, but I felt that it was too slow. It just plodded along. I think that Billy Crudup is the weakest link in the movie.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Big Fish (The Movie)#3
Posted: 2/19/04 at 8:56am
Count me in as liking Big Fish. I loved the different adventures it took you on, and the surrealistic aspects. I mentioned in the Lost In Translation thread that the mark of a good film, for me at least, is its ability to take you out of your own reality and transport you to somewhere else, at least for a short time. That's what Big Fish did to me.
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Kitzarina Profile PhotoKitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Big Fish (The Movie)#4
Posted: 2/19/04 at 11:08am
I personally loved Big Fish. Between Ewan McGregor and the fact that it's a Tim Burton film, it had nothing to lose.
"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"
newyorkuniq Profile Photonewyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Big Fish (The Movie)#5
Posted: 2/19/04 at 11:13am
Not to be a jerk or anything but this totally could have been posted on allaccessworld. It's been kinda dead over there so posts are good:)
BroadwayDiva Profile PhotoBroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I loved Big Fish. In fact, I saw it 3 times! There was something about it I really liked- possibly it was Tim Burton's Tim Burton-ness. I love all his movies.
I have my books and my poetry to protect me...
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually, it is posted on AllAccessWorld.com. I responded to it there, which is why I didn't feeling like saying the same thing again here.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Broadwaylady Profile PhotoBroadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw it but I am not a big Tim Burton fan so I did not understand it that well. Why was the witch old when he was a young boy, and then young when he was a young man? I guess it has to be interpreted but it was weird to me. I thought that town he went to everyone was dead.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
johny0828 Profile Photojohny0828 Profile Photo
johny0828
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
i really enjoy tim burton movies but was disappointed in this one. i think i got caught up in the pre-oscar hype.
broadway86 Profile Photobroadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I thought that this was an excellent, excellent movie.

It was heartwarming and beautiful. Ewan McGregor carried the movie quite nicely.

People thought it was slow? The film never stayed in one spot for more than 5 minutes!
http://robbyhorror.blogspot.com