First Gay Marriage in US Performed Today (sky does not fall)

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fantastic! Stealing focus from Massachusetts for a bit, the city of San Francisco allowed the marriage of the great Phyl Lyon and Del Martin (a couple for 51 years!) today.

Go ladies! Go ladies!
Link
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Updated On: 2/12/04 at 03:02 PM
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
WOWOWOWOW! Incredible!!

Better hide your fans, cuz the sh!t's about to h!t!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I had the pleasure of meeting the couple at a conference once. So much activist history there, it's stunning.
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't know! It's so exciting! Quite possibly The Second Civil War?
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just as long as I get to say about Jude Law or a similar type guy, "Come back to me. Come back to Cold Mountain".

=P
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Am I the only one that finds being called a female, lady, diva, etc. offensive? I am just a man who likes other men (well, and women).
CCM '10!
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL...ooops. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: First Gay Marriage in US Performed Today (sky does not fall) Well, still, the question remains the same.
CCM '10!
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just know there will be a major earthquake in S.F. today and the right-wingers will call it the wrath of God. Wouldn't that just be the way things would go?
PEACE.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I guess I shoulda spelled out "Phyllis." Bway11, someday you'll be able to embrace your masculinity and femininity and it won't matter to you what they call you, as long as they call you! I answer to both "Macho" and "Phyllis."

Sueleen, I think the earthquake or thunderclap or sky falling would have to have happened during the ceremony for it to count. Otherwise one would have to believe that God is watching us, not only from a distance, but on a time delay.
Updated On: 2/12/04 at 03:48 PM
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Do you hear that sound??

Listen closely....

There it is!

It's the sound of the collapse of the marriage institution.

I'll be sure to call my parents and tell them their marriage has been nullified by the actions of two lesbians old enough to be their parents.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Good for them. It's about time. Congratulations to the happy couple!
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am Namo, but last time I looked, I have a dick.
CCM '10!
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"[o]therwise one would have to believe that [g]od is watching us, not only from a distance, but on a time delay."

i cannot resist...

"[t]he bow of [g]od's wrath is bent, and the arrow made ready on the string, and justice bends the arrow at your heart, and strains the bow, and it is nothing but the mere pleasure of [g]od, and that of an angry [g]od, without any promise or obligation at all, that keeps the arrow one moment from being made drunk with your blood. [t]hus all you that never passed under a great change of heart, by the mighty power of the [s]pirit of [g]od upon your souls; all you that were never born again, and made new creatures, and raised from being dead in sin, to a state of new, and before altogether unexperienced light and life, are in the hands of an angry [g]od. [h]owever you may have reformed your life in many things, and may have had religious affections, and may keep up a form of religion in your families and closets, and in the house of [g]od, it is nothing but his mere pleasure that keeps you from being this moment swallowed up in everlasting destruction. [h]owever unconvinced you may now be of the truth of what you hear, by and by you will be fully convinced of it. [t]hose that are gone from being in the like circumstances with you, see that it was so with them; for destruction came suddenly upon most of them; when they expected nothing of it, and while they were saying, [p]eace and safety: now they see, that those things on which they depended for peace and safety, were nothing but thin air and empty shadows."

gimme that ol' time religion, baby!

full text available at http://www.jonathanedwards.com/sermons/Warnings/sinners.htm
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No, it is not a big deal...I just find it offensive.
CCM '10!
innocentchoirboy Profile Photoinnocentchoirboy Profile Photo
innocentchoirboy
Stand-by
Stand-by
oh my god, i know you did not just post "sinners in the hands of an angry god"! and yes, you should embrace your feminine side. no one is asking you to act like a woman. but homophobia is literally men who are predjudiced against women, and gay men represent the feminine side of men, therefore they are worthy of hate (but not really). this is soooooo awsome! i am in awe of these women. Namo, i envy your meeting with them! lets not get our hopes up too high though, because that damn ammendment is still about to be passed. grrrr!!!!

Why does it all f*cking matter! why can't people just see the stupidity of all of this? i could go on with this for days. horray for lezzies in california!
"We ought to make the pie higher." --George W. Bush, South Carolina Republican Debate; February 15, 2000
Stand-by
Stand-by
Way to exorcise MORE high school lit demons, Papa.

Next time we're in bed, you'd better scream "Call me Ishmael! Call me Ishmael!" instead of "Who's your daddy? Who's your daddy?"

Stand-by
Stand-by
"Fantastic! Stealing focus from Massachusetts for a bit, the city of San Francisco allowed the marriage of the great Phyl Lyon and Del Martin (a couple for 51 years!) today."

"Catholic girls start much too late...."
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
my name is ishmael, i live on the second floor. and vishy dear, i'll say whatever you like as long as you can avoid the "ay papi" chorus. a little james gang, maybe?

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Can we beat on, boats against the current, borne again ceaselessly into the past?
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
hmmm, so we're nick and jordan? i hate the name nick...well, except for nick charles. speaking of the charles's, martini anyone?

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Want to be Daisy and Gatsby? Then I can be an airhead and you can get shot in the pool.

Now go and make your Auntie Vish a martini.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
you're so much more jordan than daisy and i'm of course none of them, well, i do have the nick thing of being from the midwest, but enough of that.

dahling, would i have offered martinis without having already made them? it is to laugh. shall i pour you a glass or would you rather just tilt your head back and open wide? an iv drip per chance?

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Updated On: 2/12/04 at 08:54 PM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nonsense, I do love the triangular configuration of a martini glass. Just make it a big one.

Let's be Leopold and Molly Bloom. Quick, tell me about your day in no less than 730 pages.

Page: 1