Page: 1

Thoughts on Starry: A Pop-rock musical about van gogh?

maryad2
Swing
Swing

Has anyone seen it one of the times it was staged/in concert? What are people's thoughts? Can't seem to find any online reviews...

dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not sure why I clicked on this, as I've not heard of this -- just to find out the composer/lyricist is a former student of mine! Damn, a missed ooportunity!

Thanks for putting it on my radar!
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
SweetLips22 Profile PhotoSweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Does anyone know of a studio recording about a painter--could have been Van Gogh?

Think one of the singers was Domingo.

No longer have it unfortunately. Would love to have seen just a concert version[Warlow?] as I thought it would have had a life on the stage.

Nif1025
Swing
Swing

Hi, I think you're referring to Goya- A Life in Song by Yeston, which also features Gloria Estefan, Richie Havens and Dionne Warwick. The recording is available to listen to on Spotify, where I discovered it a few years ago; found it an interesting footnote to Gloria Estefan's discography. But I think some elements were of its time.

Page: 1