Printer Friendly - re: re: re: Anyone else see yesterday's haunting 'Oprah'?

Anyone else see yesterday's haunting 'Oprah'?
Posted by Auggie27 2004-04-24 13:54:10

I haven't been a regular Oprah watcher for years, but yesterday's show -- a feature on the devastating aftermath of two sets of family killings -- grabbed me by the throat and wouldn't let go. Those two women who each lost all their children to a vengeful husband continue to haunt me. Can't shake the show from my brain. Anyone else who posts here see it?

re: Anyone else see yesterday's haunting 'Oprah'?
Posted by theatermafia 2004-04-24 14:35:14

It was very moving.

re: re: Anyone else see yesterday's haunting 'Oprah'?
Posted by Jane2 2004-04-24 16:46:29

Disturbing. Most of all, the first woman. I really fear that she'll take her own life. I don't think she got any solace from the show, as hard as they tried to give her some.

re: re: re: Anyone else see yesterday's haunting 'Oprah'?
Posted by iflitifloat 2004-04-24 18:57:50

Didn't see the show, but just the description is disturbing. How would you go on after having something like that happen? How would you make yourself want to?

re: re: re: re: Anyone else see yesterday's haunting 'Oprah'?
Posted by DAME 2004-04-24 21:23:45

I don't think they can go on actually. Very sad.

re: re: re: re: re: Anyone else see yesterday's haunting 'Oprah'?
Posted by Jane2 2004-04-24 22:16:06

Actually, iflit, only the first woman has no life at this point. Her ex -husband killed all their children, then himself. Another woman's three sons were killed, but she remarried and has two other children now. A third woman had left a few of her sons in a van and a fire started so three (I think) of her sons are scarred from the fire, and one other son was not in the van.

re: re: re: re: re: re: Anyone else see yesterday's haunting 'Oprah'?
Posted by johny0828 2004-04-25 00:10:52

i heard it was disturbing. my nephew is 4 and after seeing it is now affraid of matches and cried himself to sleep. saying that he dosen't wanna look like the burnt kid on tv. if u missed it is replaying next thursday after jimmy kimmel.