Printer Friendly - Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted by Shannonigans 2017-03-27 19:31:34

Hi all,

I'm heading up to NYC in two weeks to celebrate my 21st. I'm a huge theatre geek and I was hoping to secure tickets for DEH... but of course a few months ago when I first checked I didn't book and now they're all but sold out! I know there are broker ticket options from StubHub or BroadwayBox and I'm definitely open to those - but preferably as a last resort due to the exorbitant ticket prices.

I was wondering whether anybody on here has experience with the cancellation line or the lottery (both digital and in-person) for the show. Regarding the cancellation line, would I pay full-price of the cancelled ticket (so.. around $400 if it was an orchestra seat)? Is there anything that can be done to increase you chance at the lottery?

Thank you all for your help!

Posted by djoko84 2017-03-27 20:01:01

I was able to score a cancelled ticket an hour before a Wednesday matinee about a couple months ago for the regular orchestra price - $189. There wasn't a cancellation line; I just went to the box office window and asked if there were any cancelled tickets. Not sure how it is for other days or times.

Posted by Shannonigans 2017-03-27 23:06:14

Thanks for your help! Was there a line when you went to the ticket office?

(also, bump for other opinions)

Posted by djoko84 2017-03-28 07:17:34

The line wasn't that long at all, but it also depends on what time of day you go. For matinee go about an hour before and for a night show go early afternoon and then again an hour before the how if you had no luck the first time.

Posted by Big Apple2 2017-03-28 08:32:05

I'm also looking into hopefully scoring a cancellation ticket when I'm in town in May. Right now I see that as my best chance of seeing the show without paying the exorbitant prices at StubHub.  Thanks for the tips. 

Posted by HunterK 2017-03-28 23:37:55

So I am going to get my butt up early tomorrow and try for SRO for the matinee or a cancelation. Just wondering where the line starts? Is the first person in line looking at The Marriott Marquis or The Imperial? I just don't want to get there and screw it up, I have heard stories. They sell SRO at 10am when the box office opens? I have been searching for the original post, but couldn't find the details, please don't yell at me!  

Have a great night 

Posted by Wick3 2017-03-28 23:45:37

Good luck! line starts right outside the box office. The line then goes towards the Imperial. For two-show days, people who ended up not getting SRO tend to stay for cancellation for the matinee.

Posted by HunterK 2017-03-29 00:41:46

Thanks Wick!

Yes, I most likely will be someone waiting for cancellations if I don't get SRO. Thank you for the info. I plan on getting there pretty early. Hopefully by 10am thing will be good and I can go take a nap. Do you happen to know how much SRO tickets are? Cash only or card? 

I appreciate your kindness!

Posted by Megsamegatron 2017-03-29 08:33:11

HunterK said: "Thanks Wick!

Yes, I most likely will be someone waiting for cancellations if I don't get SRO. Thank you for the info. I plan on getting there pretty early. Hopefully by 10am thing will be good and I can go take a nap. Do you happen to know how much SRO tickets are? Cash only or card? 

I appreciate your kindness!

"

SRO are $42 either cash or card. Sending positive thoughts, the show is worth the wait!

Posted by LesWickedly 2017-03-29 10:58:27

Trying today. Do they come outside to the people waiting in line first or if someone just walked in and asked for one, would they be given one?

Posted by HunterK 2017-03-29 12:45:08

I got to the line at 5am this morning and there were at least 20+ people waiting. I walked right back to the hotel and went to sleep. Got up at 10 and walked over. Cancellation line was outside and only had 2 people. I honestly didn't know it was the line. So I waited in the box office line to ask, there were 10 people in front trying to buy for today or in the future. When I finally got up to the window, the very nice lady said the line is outside. I turned my heard and the line went from 2 people to 12, all the people in front of me in the box office line went and waited. I knew I didn't have a chance. I asked the box office lady if she had anything tonight or tomorrow and she said "hold on" and went and talked to the woman at the other window. All I heard was "I can release it?" She smiled and said I have Row F Mezzanine seat 108 for $169. I couldn't put my card down fast enough. Got my ticket for tomorrow night. The people behind me then asked for tomorrow as well and she said sold out. So I do not know how I got so lucky! Very excited!

Thanks for the positive thoughts!

Posted by Wick3 2017-03-29 13:06:47

Lucky you!!!!!!!!! I have heard mixed stories about cancellation line at DEH (some days they give a few seats some days only 1 seat and others none.) the fact that you got a ticket in center mezz with barely any waiting needed is a great deal, in my opinion.

now go see Hello Dolly! I heard there are cheap tickets for the matinee today on stubhub.

Posted by Shannonigans 2017-03-29 16:02:14

Luck you HunterK!!! surpriseThat's the dream!

My main issue with doing the lines is that it's all up to chance... this is probably the last time I will be in NYC until July, and I'm worried about catching OBC before some of them start to leave.

Worth the risk or worth the money?? Such a hard choice!

Posted by Megsamegatron 2017-03-29 18:54:46

Shannonigans said: "Luck you HunterK!!! surpriseThat's the dream!

My main issue with doing the lines is that it's all up to chance... this is probably the last time I will be in NYC until July, and I'm worried about catching OBC before some of them start to leave.

Worth the risk or worth the money?? Such a hard choice!

"

If you have the money, it is worth it to see the OBC! Though waiting in line for 6 hours for SRO for me was the best option, if I was visiting and didn't want to wait for so long I'd spend the money. As for the lottery, I know more people who've won the Hamilton lottery than have won for DEH. The SRO from a couple of weeks ago were skeptical of if they actually set aside seats for the lottery. 

Hope this helps!

Posted by Debra Ritter 2017-03-30 01:34:06

By any chance did you ask what time the first person got there?  My daughter will be giving it a shot next Thursday and that is the only day she can go.  She was thinking 4:30.  I want her to go early but not too early.

Thanks!

Posted by Wick3 2017-03-30 08:40:14

Debra, I've heard reports of people going as early as 2am! It's spring break period the next 2-3 weeks so I can see people getting there early.

Posted by Debra Ritter 2017-03-30 11:01:57

Thanks!  I was there at 4 last month and thought that was crazy. Hopefully more folks will post in the next few days and it wont go quite that early but I know if she wants to be guaranteed, she'll have to do it.

Wow!

Posted by akmiller_98 2017-03-30 12:13:35

I'm curious.

Has anyone here won or know someone that has won this lottery?

How many tickets are they drawing names for and where are the seats?

Posted by djoko84 2017-03-31 15:21:19

akmiller_98 said: "I'm curious.

Has anyone here won or know someone that has won this lottery?

How many tickets are they drawing names for and where are the seats?

"

I do know from asking the box office about the box seats that they now set them aside for lottery. They used to sell them for an amazing price - I think like $69. I wanted to buy them after people on this board said the view was totally worth it, but when I went to purchase them the box office told me they're for lottery now. I was lucky enough to get a regular price cancellation ticket instead - which was also totally worth it.

Posted by @z5 2017-03-31 16:40:53

Wow...I went on a Tuesday in the last week of December and got there around a little after 8 and got tickets no problem. Happy I did it back then. 

Posted by Debra Ritter 2017-03-31 18:43:57

Did anyone happen to go today or yesterday to wait for SRO? Am curious what time you got there and if you were successful.

Thanks!

Posted by LesWickedly 2017-03-31 19:23:51

Thought I'd leave my GREAT experience with the cancellation line. I got in the SRO line at 9:55, knowing I wouldn't get anything, but hoping to maybe get a cancelled ticket. I got to the front and there wasn't anything, but she said that they do start handing out cancellation tickets around 12 (for the 2pm matinee), so it was around 10:30 and I was first in the cancellation line! At 12:15ish, I was pulled in and got my Premium Row G seat for $189! Amazing seat, amazing show. 

Posted by djoko84 2017-03-31 21:42:13

The cancellation line is really the way to go for this show. And most likely, matinee is your best bet for it.

Posted by Debra Ritter 2017-03-31 22:25:45

Unfortunately can't afford to do cancellation, standing room is the only option.  Its supposed to rain the day she is going to try, maybe that'll help (but wont be fun).  Still curious what time folks got there yesterday or today and whether they were successful.

Thanks!

Posted by Shannonigans 2017-03-31 22:41:55

Thanks all! These stories are making the cancellation line sound better and better...

I will be in NYC both Saturday and Sunday so that gives me two opportunities for matinee. Would one be better than the other?

Also regarding the actual queueing... if the matinees are at 2pm and 3pm, does that mean arriving around 10am for both? Where does the cancellation line start?

Posted by djoko84 2017-04-01 01:07:50

Debra Ritter said: "Unfortunately can't afford to do cancellation, standing room is the only option.  Its supposed to rain the day she is going to try, maybe that'll help (but wont be fun).  Still curious what time folks got there yesterday or today and whether they were successful.

Thanks!

"

I have always thought for past shows that the rain would deter people from waiting on line, but in my opinion even more people showed up than usual. My thinking was everyone thought no one would show because of the weather so they came out. It sucks, I know.

Posted by Wick3 2017-04-01 07:45:50

Cancellation starts the moment SRO is sold out.

i agree with Djoko that it doesn't matter if it rains or freezing cold out. I did SRO during the holidays and was 4th in line by getting there around 5am. Sure the line varies but people will line up during their nyc visit or during spring break when they have time off. These people may not have the $$$ for cancellation but they certainly have the time to wait for SRO.

Posted by bear88 2017-04-03 15:47:50

As I try to figure out what's realistic...

The cancellation line sounds great for a single person, but given the popularity of the show, is there any reason to think people could get 3 cancellation tickets, even on a Tuesday or Wednesday? Where is the cancellation line?

Is the lottery online only or can you enter in person?

Posted by Shannonigans 2017-04-03 20:23:15

Bear - I did some digging into the lottery as well, seeing as I'm still trying to figure out the most realistic course of action despite leaving for NYC on Friday (eek!). It appears to be digital lottery only and you enter here: http://www.dearevanhansenlottery.com/ 

I also wanted to ask, would a centre mezz seat be a good option for DEH, even if it was towards the back of the section? 

Posted by djoko84 2017-04-04 06:15:48

Just letting you know even the mezzanine seats have been all sold out. Those are always the first to go. You'll have better luck with an orchestra cancellation.

Posted by Shannonigans 2017-04-04 11:57:29

Yes, I understand orchestra is more likely for cancellation - but I'm also keeping my eye on StubHub because I'm definitely considering just buying in advance to guarantee a spot. winkThe mezzanine tickets are the most reasonably priced on StubHub, so I was curious about the view!

Posted by sgreen3 2017-04-04 12:05:55

Mezzanine view, especially in the center, is great at the Music Box. You don't feel far away all. I'd recommend looking at some of the pictures here to get an idea: http://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Music+Box+Theatre/

Posted by Wick3 2017-04-04 12:32:51

bear88 said: "As I try to figure out what's realistic...

The cancellation line sounds great for a single person, but given the popularity of the show, is there any reason to think people could get 3 cancellation tickets, even on a Tuesday or Wednesday? Where is the cancellation line?

Is the lottery online only or can you enter in person?

"

If you're the first 3 people in the cancellation line, then my answer is yes it'll be likely all 3 of you will get a ticket. Try to go on a 2 show day to increase your chances

Posted by bear88 2017-04-04 14:46:27

A few more pesky questions...

It sounds like people line up at the crack of dawn for SRO tickets. Once those are gone, then cancellation tickets are sold. What about people who would prefer cancellation tickets? Do they need to arrive at 5 a.m. or can they drift up later and possibly score 3 cancellation tickets? Can you buy cancellation tickets for an evening show mid-day, or does the cancellation line start all over again at some point (when?) In the late afternoon?

Sorry for so many questions. There is never any guarantees in these things. I'm just trying to determine whether I should give this a shot, or pursue other shows next Wednesday.

Posted by LesWickedly 2017-04-04 14:58:31

I'll say what I said before, but the line didn't start forming until after the SRO line ended. My plan was to get in the SRO line a 5 minutes before opening and then just wait and be first in line for cancellation. Didn't get to the front until about 10:30 and was first in line. The next person didn't show up until around 11. Got my ticket around 12:15. Do the cancellation line now before it gets crazy, it's very easy now.

Posted by ljay889 2017-04-04 15:03:05

I know this is probably obvious advice, but if you're interested in paying full price and don't want to wait on the cancellation line, keep checking Telecharge continuously several days before the performance. Saturday night I scored row B side orchestra for tomorrow's matinee. Several seats we're released in the orchestra and mezz. 

Posted by bear88 2017-04-04 15:27:22

Ljay, that is excellent 'obvious' advice. I got terrific Hamilton SF tour tickets that way. I am less familiar with Telecharge.

LesWickedly, you can show up at 10 or 11 and possibly get 3 cancellation tickets? Would that be for the Wednesday matinee only or is the evening show offered as well?

Posted by Shannonigans 2017-04-04 15:40:55

Thanks for the advice LJ! I also saw this on another thread and have been constantly checking the telecharge website in addition to StubHub. The only issue is that as a tourist in NYC I wouldn't have anywhere to print a super last minute ticket buy... here's hoping I get lucky before I leave on Friday.

Posted by lite2shine 2017-04-04 16:20:46

Shannonigans said: "Thanks for the advice LJ! I also saw this on another thread and have been constantly checking the telecharge website in addition to StubHub. The only issue is that as a tourist in NYC I wouldn't have anywhere to print a super last minute ticket buy... here's hoping I get lucky before I leave on Friday.

"

You'll be in NYC this Sat? because right now there are two orchestra seats available for this Sat 2pm on Telecharge! Actually there are a few tix for tomorrow and Friday as well. 

edit: it was two seats when I wrote this but now there are several seats available for 4/8 2pm, weird. Good luck!

Posted by Shannonigans 2017-04-04 19:13:31

Thank you SO much for alerting me to this, I immediately went and checked and managed to score a $189 Orchestra seat for 8pm this Saturday! If anybody else is looking, there were also tickets available for Friday's show and the Saturday matinee. 

I'm absolutely thrilled with my purchase, and cannot wait to see this show. Thank you all for your help! heartheart

Posted by djoko84 2017-04-04 19:50:18

This is why I love this board.

Posted by lite2shine 2017-04-04 22:37:57

I'm glad you got the ticket Shannoigans! I hope the good karma will come back to me in May when I go to NYC :)

Posted by bfreak 2017-04-04 22:42:03

I didn't even read this thread earlier but coincidentally scored two $189 tix for this Friday night! So pumped. Row L seats 18 and 20. Good view?

Posted by MsDesmond1995 2017-04-04 22:45:28

"You'll be in NYC this Sat? because right now there are two orchestra seats available for this Sat 2pm on Telecharge! Actually there are a few tix for tomorrow and Friday as well. 

edit: it was two seats when I wrote this but now there are several seats available for 4/8 2pm, weird. Good luck! "

Hi guys... I obsessively check these boards every time I'm planning a trip to NYC, but this is my first time posting. I've been seeing shows on Broadway since 2000 and this is the first time I've EVER not been able to secure tickets to a show that's on my "must list." I'm going for a week the last week of May and every show is sold out. NOT a happy camper.

lite2shine, Does your message mean that Telecharge will release more tickets closer to show dates? I'm really not looking forward to standing in the cancellation line for hours.

Posted by LesWickedly 2017-04-04 22:48:37

MsDesmond, keep checking, but I have a feeling it's going to be nearly impossible to get tickets that close to the Tonys. I wish you much luck. 

Posted by MsDesmond1995 2017-04-04 23:12:48

Thanks, Les... sounds like I'm going to need your well wishes. I'm a stubborn one and will check Telecharge several times a day until I leave and hound the box office at the Music Box daily when I get there. Its not like "Hello Dolly!" where I don't know if I can still live if I miss it... its more of the challenge, ya know?

Posted by Ahmy 2017-04-05 01:02:41

bfreak said: "I didn't even read this thread earlier but coincidentally scored two $189 tix for this Friday night! So pumped. Row L seats 18 and 20. Good view?

"

You might miss some stuff that happens on stage left and some of the projections might not be visible. But the Music Box is small enough that you'll still be able to see facial expressions and all that good stuff.

Posted by bear88 2017-04-05 03:31:24

Congrats to Shannonigans and bfreak. I'll certainly keep checking Telecharge. I'm impressed about getting two together. I need three total, but only two together. 

I'm still confused about one thing. If you get cancellation tickets at noon at whenever they sell them on a two-show day, like next Wednesday, can you only get tickets for the matinee or can you request the evening show? Or do you have to come back later? And if so, when?

Posted by djoko84 2017-04-05 06:28:53

MsDesmond1995 said: "

"You'll be in NYC this Sat? because right now there are two orchestra seats available for this Sat 2pm on Telecharge! Actually there are a few tix for tomorrow and Friday as well. 

edit: it was two seats when I wrote this but now there are several seats available for 4/8 2pm, weird. Good luck! "

Hi guys... I obsessively check these boards every time I'm planning a trip to NYC, but this is my first time posting. I've been seeing shows on Broadway since 2000 and this is the first time I've EVER not been able to secure tickets to a show that's on my "must list." I'm going for a week the last week of May and every show is sold out. NOT a happy camper.

lite2shine, Does your message mean that Telecharge will release more tickets closer to show dates? I'm really not looking forward to standing in the cancellation line for hours.

"

I really hope you'll be able to get. That is very close to the Tonys and a lot of shows will set aside tickets for voters. However, a lot of voters don't use them (and will have seen the shows by that time) so I'm sure there will be lots of cancellations.

Posted by Wick3 2017-04-05 09:38:46

bear88 said: "Congrats to Shannonigans and bfreak. I'll certainly keep checking Telecharge. I'm impressed about getting two together. I need three total, but only two together. 

I'm still confused about one thing. If you get cancellation tickets at noon at whenever they sell them on a two-show day, like next Wednesday, can you only get tickets for the matinee or can you request the evening show? Or do you have to come back later? And if so, when?

"

From my experience they only sell cancellation tix for the upcoming performance. So if you're at the box office at noon on Wednesday, they'll sell you cancellation tix for the matinee (if ticket is available.) all the tickets for evening will most likely be premium at that time.

after the matinee has started, box office will sell cancellation for the evening oerformance whenever they get a cancellation. As for when to come back, who knows! It depends if you have competition. If there are other people vying for evening cancellation tix, your best bet is to stay at the box office and wait.

good luck!

Posted by MsDesmond1995 2017-04-05 09:45:53

bear88 said: "Congrats to Shannonigans and bfreak. I'll certainly keep checking Telecharge. I'm impressed about getting two together. I need three total, but only two together. 

"

I was wondering the same thing! I'm specifically probably going to try the cancellation line Sunday May 28 when there's an added show for that night. I hope you can check on both shows at noon.

Posted by bear88 2017-04-08 13:34:59

We snagged three orchestra tickets together to the Wednesday night show, in row N on the far right (one vacant seat to our right). There are, as of now, three seats together in the row in front in Row M on the far right and the single next to us.

So how are our seats (Row N, 22-26)?

Grab 'em for face value! Thanks to everyone.

Update: Someone grabbed two of those Row M seats, so there is now just a single in Row M and a single in Row N. But there are three seats available in center mezzanine now, two together, one several rows back. "Keep checking the website" seems to be the best plan.

Posted by Boday 2017-04-08 18:01:22

Now that I have my ticket for Wednesday night, I'm happy to share the pattern I observed over the past few weeks! It seems like they release tickets online four days prior to showtime. This has been the pattern for each show over the past two weeks. Hope this is helpful!

Posted by MsDesmond1995 2017-04-08 23:32:13

Boday said: "Now that I have my ticket for Wednesday night, I'm happy to share the pattern I observed over the past few weeks! It seems like they release tickets online four days prior to showtime. This has been the pattern for each show over the past two weeks. Hope this is helpful!

"

Thanks... this definitely gives me a little more hope for the last week in May.

Posted by Shannonigans 2017-04-09 00:18:03

I just got back from seeing the show tonight - and it was incredible, Ben Platt's performance was truly outstanding - and for anyone still hesitating about buying tickets or queueing or whatever for this show, there were four completely empty seats in the row in front of me. I was in Row K so that means they were Row J of the orchestra. And they were also more centred than my tickets! (I was in the last seat of Row K, stage left)

Posted by IdinaBellFoster 2017-04-09 13:35:03

Didn't want to start a new thread, but it looks like Ben Platt is out for this afternoon's show (his first absence in all three full productions of the show). Break legs to his understudy! 

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2017-04-09 13:47:01

Would love to hear how Colton does. Did Ben miss, because of a holiday?

Posted by BroadwayRox3588 2017-04-09 14:26:27

It's likely. Passover starts tomorrow.

Posted by asmith0307 2017-04-09 14:30:37

Oohh. Exciting. First performances for understudies are always fun.

Posted by Jimbo2 2017-04-09 14:51:59

Asa Somers is also on today as well.

Posted by Jimbo2 2017-04-09 14:51:59

Asa Somers is also on today as well.

Posted by Nicole7579 2017-04-09 16:08:26

Boday said: "Now that I have my ticket for Wednesday night, I'm happy to share the pattern I observed over the past few weeks! It seems like they release tickets online four days prior to showtime. This has been the pattern for each show over the past two weeks. Hope this is helpful!

"

This pattern seems to hold as I just got a ticket for Thursday thanks to this board! I've regularly been on here for a year or so but just decided to join. But thanks guys because I've been trying to score tickets again for weeks since I saw this the first week it opened. Hopefully Ben is back on after Passover ends :)

Posted by Wick3 2017-04-09 16:12:31

Which days of Passover is the most important? Or do you think Ben is out the entire week? (if his absence is Passover-related).

Posted by LesWickedly 2017-04-09 16:16:54

I would say it's more likely he's sick because he has said recently that he had no scheduled days off.

Posted by DebraR 2017-04-09 16:26:05

Passover is a week, starting Monday night the 10th.  Usually only first night, maybe 2nd are celebrated.  He wouldn't be out Wednesday on for Passover even if he went home (most likely).  Hope he isn't sick, such a demanding role, he looked so exhausted after the show I saw.

Posted by jennywankenobi 2017-04-10 22:39:48

I think he's sick. I had heard he was a little under the weather on Saturday but he still performed both shows. 

I had been checking stubhub on Friday night and Saturday morning to see if prices would drop for a single ticket to one of the Saturday shows.  I was just about to buy one but the ticket was back of the theatre and cost a little more than a full price orchestra ticket at face value.

On Saturday I stopped by the box office around 10:30 and there was no cancellation line. I inquired at the box office and was advised that if I wanted to start a line I would probably be able to get a ticket and that they probably wouldn't have any until about 12/12:30. I started a line and a few minutes later someone else joined me in line. 

A few minutes after that a man at the box office came outside to ask how many tickets each of us was looking for. We each wanted singles can and the man sounded like he would have some for us before long.

Shortly after that, at about 10:45am, he came back outside to tell me he had a ticket for me. It was 4th row orchestra on the left side, close to the aisle. I waited 10-15 minutes and ended up with a great ticket! Sure it was a little pricey, but there was no way I was going to be there at 2am to wait in line for SRO. 

It was definitely worth it so if you aren't able to find tickets on telecharge within days of the performance I definitely recommend popping by! I notice a few tickets on stubhub that had dropped quite a bit in price up until the last minute, but that can be a bit risky if you don't have enough time to pick up your ticket and get to the theatre. 

Posted by TamzBway 2017-04-10 23:05:13

They just released some single seats for Friday's performance on telecharge. pricy but worth it. I think Ben will hopefully be less sick by then as he has to be in town for the chat at the 92nd St Y on Sunday...here's hoping!!!

Posted by Big Apple2 2017-04-10 23:47:46

jennywankenobi said: "Shortly after that, at about 10:45am, he came back outside to tell me he had a ticket for me. It was 4th row orchestra on the left side, close to the aisle. I waited 10-15 minutes and ended up with a great ticket! Sure it was a little pricey, but there was no way I was going to be there at 2am to wait in line for "

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up paying for those tickets?  I'll be in town next month and will try the cancellation line.  I just want to be prepared for the price. Thanks. 

Posted by LesWickedly 2017-04-11 00:23:58

Cancellation tickets are $189.

Posted by Big Apple2 2017-04-11 00:41:22

LesWickedly said: "Cancellation tickets are $189."

Thanks. That's reasonable.  The $413 tickets currently available would be a little steep for me. 

Posted by TamzBway 2017-04-11 12:17:11

$189. I think it's an absurd price but it's worth not having to get up at 3am...just praying Ben is in!!

Posted by nyskier 2017-04-11 14:05:45

Hi for those who have seen the tickets released online, is there any particular time of day this has occurred?  Looking for anytime in the next few weeks but want to be at a price point under $200.  Thanks!  

Posted by TamzBway 2017-04-11 14:36:31

I'm not sure as I tried around 11pm last night. I had to return my ticket and cancel my trip due to a family emergency so it might be back online if someone wants it. Orch row M seat 28 for Fri the 14th evening show. 

Posted by Nicole7579 2017-04-11 16:38:17

I've been checking between 3-5 PM. I got my tickets right before 4PM on sunday for this thursday. 

Posted by bwaykelly2 2017-04-11 16:39:53

TamzBway said: "I'm not sure as I tried around 11pm last night. I had to return my ticket and cancel my trip due to a family emergency so it might be back online if someone wants it. Orch row M seat 28 for Fri the 14th evening show. 

I am looking to sell my ticket for this Friday 4/14. I have to leave town earlier than I thought for the holiday. It's just one, but it's Side Orchestra row O so the view shouldn't be bad. If anyone in here is interested, feel free to message. 

"

Posted by tyleramullen 2017-04-11 19:04:59

Is Ben Platt back at it tonight?

Posted by MtTemple4 2017-04-11 21:27:58

Ben is in tonight, per an intermission report on Twitter. 

Posted by Big Apple2 2017-04-18 22:26:51

How is the view from the extreme sides, Rows M-O?  Most of the tickets opening up on Telecharge these days are in these areas. Also, any reports recently in obtaining cancellation tickets?  Wondering if I should wait for a better seat from cancellation or get these seats for a sure thing once they open up. 

Posted by mmFan 2017-04-19 06:31:20

Shannonigans said: "Thanks for the advice LJ! I also saw this on another thread and have been constantly checking the telecharge website in addition to StubHub. The only issue is that as a tourist in NYC I wouldn't have anywhere to print a super last minute ticket buy... here's hoping I get lucky before I leave on Friday."

In the exact same boat as you.  Trying for Fri Apr 28th as coming from out of town for weekend and already have a show booked for Saturday.  Have never tried StubHub but it looks like there is a pickup spot for tickets around 40th and 6th.  Has anyone ever tried the last minute StubHub option with pickup option?  I do have to wonder what happens to all of StubHubs tickets as they seem to hold onto a  lot of them.

Posted by ccbroadway13 2017-04-19 07:57:16

I have picked up tickets from the StubHub last minute service center in the Courtyard Marriott and it was really easy. The whole process took maybe 5 minutes. I bought the tickets on the app and then went there and told them the information about my order. They brought out my tickets immediately. Great experience!

Posted by Emma MK 2017-04-19 08:08:46

There's only 12 people in line right now, which isn't bad for a 2 show day. Most didn't start arriving until just before 7.

Posted by mmFan 2017-04-19 08:18:36

ccbroadway13 said: "I have picked up tickets from the StubHub last minute service center in the Courtyard Marriott and it was really easy. The whole process took maybe 5 minutes. I bought the tickets on the app and then went there and told them the information about my order. They brought out my tickets immediately. Great experience!"

Thank you.  Great to hear from someone who has tried it that it's simple and quick.  I just downloaded the app.  I assume when you purchase from StubHub it gives you the option for pick up (or maybe no option if its less than 1hr before?)

Posted by dwwst12 2017-04-19 09:11:18

I assume when you purchase from StubHub it gives you the option for pick up (or maybe no option if its less than 1hr before?)

Actually, be careful with that because it depends on the ticket.  Most are "Pickup at StubHub Last Minute Service Center," but some say "Instant Download."  If you're using the app and are hanging out in midtown, printing your tickets won't be an easy option. So make sure you choose to buy the right type.

Posted by mmFan 2017-04-19 09:21:53

dwwst12 said: "I assume when you purchase from StubHub it gives you the option for pick up (or maybe no option if its less than 1hr before?)

Actually, be careful with that because it depends on the ticket.  Most are "Pickup at StubHub Last Minute Service Center," but some say "Instant Download."  If you're using the app and are hanging out in midtown, printing your tickets won't be an easy option. So make sure you choose to buy the right type.
"

Thank you. As long as it gives you the option for pick up centre.

Posted by Caye2 2017-04-19 09:45:42

So the StubHub Last Minute Service Centers don't have printers for you to print "Instant Download" tickets?  Are there places in Times Square where you could go to print out "Instant Download" tickets?

Posted by ccbroadway13 2017-04-19 09:57:46

I purchased four tickets through StubHub and two of them were instant download and two were pickup. However, I went to the StubHub LMS Center and picked up two and asked to print out the other two and it was really easy and quick. I would recommend to go to the StubHub center if the tickets are instant download or pickup. 

Posted by Caye2 2017-04-19 11:21:18

Thank you, ccbroadway13!

To add my 2 cents regarding the DEH lottery and cancellation line....after entering the digital lottery almost daily since the beginning of the year and never winning, I decided to try the cancellation line last Saturday, 4/15.  I was going to see the 3pm matinee of Paramour anyway, so got to the Music Box Theater a little before 2pm, right before the matinee for DEH that day.  Because the show was about to start, the box office was closed to future sales and open only to people picking up tickets for the matinee.  I was told to come back at 2:15pm if I wanted to purchase tickets for a future performance.  I wandered across the street to see if there were any rush tickets available for Come From Away, but they also had a 2pm matinee performance and have the same policy about futures sales right before a show; I was told to wait with 2 or 3 other people who had formed a line already.  I decided to go back over to DEH, and was about the 3rd or 4th person in line there.  At almost exactly 2:15pm, they started letting us in one by one to purchase tickets. When I went in, I inquired about rush and SRO tickets.  I was told that there were no rush tickets for DEH (I didn't think there were, but thought I'd ask anyway!), and that all the SRO tickets for the evening performance were already sold.  Then I inquired about cancellation tickets for the evening show and was told that they aren't released until about 2 hours before the performance.  So I went to Paramour and after the show ended, went right back to DEH at around 5:30pm.  There was one woman standing outside the theater, but I wasn't sure if she was in a line or not, so I proceeded into the box office and asked about rush/SRO (just in case!) and cancellations again.  Again, was told that SRO tickets were all sold and that they start releasing cancellation tickets around 6pm.  The box office person told me there was already a line outside, so I went back out and fortunately, there was only still the one woman standing there.  I asked if she was in the cancellation line and got a yes.  After about 10-15 mins, I believe around 5 more people joined the line.  No more joined by 6pm.  Right after 6pm, a man comes out and goes directly to the front of the line and asks the lady how many tickets she needs.  After she said one, he said he had a ticket for her that was $189 and to go into the box office.  Then he asked me and I also replied one, and he gave me the same response, and told me to go into the box office. The woman in front of me got Orch L Row F Seat 1 and I got Orch L Row F Seat 3.  Only 2 more people behind me also got tickets I believe, and they sat next to me.  These were excellent seats; believe that they were house seats that were unclaimed by friends/family of the cast and crew.  Definitely a great deal because seats a row or two further back from these and also further to the sides are listed as Premium on Telecharge and go for $399!

Posted by Big Apple2 2017-04-19 12:44:16

Thanks for sharing, Caye2.  My trip is not until a few weeks but stories like yours make me just want to take that chance at the cancellation line instead of buying the tickets that are in the extreme sides of orchestra.  But having a ticket before I get there would give me peace of mind.  I'll just have to wait and see...

Posted by nyskier 2017-04-19 13:09:25

I'm going tomorrow and picked up two of those extreme side seats.  Can report back on how they are. 

Posted by bear88 2017-04-19 13:17:19

Don't worry about the extrme side seats, as long as you're far enough back. (I might be skittish about the first three rows.) But I went last Wednesday night, sat in Row N, one seat in from the right side, and had no problem. The action is almost all in the center of the stage.

Posted by mmFan 2017-04-19 13:45:17

Why are the exact same seats considered premium one night (Sat at $399) and non-premium another night (Wed at $189 - J 113/114).  Currently seeing same seats available at different prices on telecharge.

PS - Grab them for tonight for anyone that is looking.

Posted by Broadway Joe 2017-04-19 13:59:32

mmFan said: "Why are the exact same seats considered premium one night (Sat at $399) and non-premium another night (Wed at $189 - J 113/114).  Currently seeing same seats available at different prices on telecharge.

PS - Grab them for tonight for anyone that is looking.

"

The demand is higher, especially for a Saturday night show vs any weeknight show. 

Posted by nyskier 2017-04-21 13:28:38

bear88 said: "Don't worry about the extrme side seats, as long as you're far enough back. (I might be skittish about the first three rows.) But I went last Wednesday night, sat in Row N, one seat in from the right side, and had no problem. The action is almost all in the center of the stage."

Thank you!  Saw it last night and we were in K20 and K22.  The view was great and we were very happy we got those seats!

Posted by BuddyStarr 2017-04-21 14:20:50

We were there last night too.  Walked up to the BO at  5PM only 3 people in line.  I waited only about 5 minutes and got two single seats.  2nd row center aisle and 5th row left 3 in.  I took the 2nd row (I'm taller, first row is probably worse) and my husband took the other seat.  He ended up sitting next to a cast member from Hamilton but he didn't know who he was.  Everyone around knew who it was.

Posted by Caye2 2017-04-21 14:31:48

So were your tickets $189 each?  How was the 2nd row?  Does your husband happen to remember the name of the Hamilton cast member (current cast?)?

Posted by BuddyStarr 2017-04-21 14:40:47

Caye2 said: "So were your tickets $189 each?  How was the 2nd row?  Does your husband happen to remember the name of the Hamilton cast member (current cast?)?

"

Yes they were 189.  I was lucky to get a ticket so I was fine with 2nd row.  Wouldn't be my first choice but you could see the lace front on the wigs on the women.  4-5 rows back would be ideal.  The high is kinda high.

No, he didn't know who it was but the guy was taking notes on a steno pad through the show. 

Posted by poisonivy2 2017-04-21 14:47:52

For whatever reason DEH non-premium seats often pop up the morning of performance or day before the performance. Not sure if they are premium seats that have been devalued or house seats. That's how I found mine a few days ago, but I had seen non-premium seats show up on telecharge that same day on other occasions, I just couldn't fit it into my schedule. 

Posted by mmFan 2017-04-21 15:14:37

poisonivy2 said: "For whatever reason DEH non-premium seats often pop up the morning of performance or day before the performance. Not sure if they are premium seats that have been devalued or house seats. That's how I found mine a few days ago, but I had seen non-premium seats show up on telecharge that same day on other occasions, I just couldn't fit it into my schedule. 

"

I've been watching this week as i'm looking for tickets for next Friday (so trying to get an idea).  "Cheap" tickets at $189 have been showing off and on but that's been for Tuesday and Wednesday shows.  Think it was Thursday that only had the$399 seats.  For 2 that is over $800 (and much higher for us as we're Canadian).   Friday and into weekend there is nothing at all.  

Am tempted to try StubHub .  The $200 to $250 seats are a deal.  Never done StubHub before though so am a bit worried if it'll work out.

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-04-21 16:22:52

Several $189 and under tickets are on Telecharge right now for Wednesday's matinee, 4/26, singles and pairs, and some singles for Tuesday, 4/25.

Posted by Big Apple2 2017-05-06 19:24:21

https://imgur.com/gallery/t0saT

Wow. Two tickets left for tonight's show on StubHub for $4500 each. Orchestra extreme sides. Good luck with that. 

Posted by mmFan 2017-05-06 19:32:49

Big Apple2 said: "https://imgur.com/gallery/t0saT

Wow. Two tickets left for tonight's show on StubHub for $4500 each. Orchestra extreme sides. Good luck with that. 

"

Omg.  So much for the last minute StubHub tickets.

Posted by melanie2687 2017-05-06 23:17:44

I'm going to NYC over the fourth of July weekend and am a huge fan of doing rush/SRO, but got discouraged reading how early the SRO line starts and decided to splurge and buy tickets to the Sunday matinee on Stubhub.  The tickets are Orchestra Row D, seats 13 and 15 (so partial view, extreme side, left). 

How is the view from these seats?  I've read everything from 'there is no bad seat in the theater' to 'avoid the extreme side seats, especially on the left'.

The more I read on this thread, the more I wish I had waited to see if any seats were released on Telecharge or waited on the cancellation line. 

Any thoughts on these seats would be greatly appreciated!  I cannot wait to see this show!

Posted by TheThreadMaster 2017-05-06 23:24:45

Yeah ummmm..........those aren't spectacular seats but I wouldnt say that their are necesarily terrible. You kind of answered it for yourself (extreme side, partial view). Chances are you may miss some stuff on the left side of the stage /in the far back of the stage. But it shouldnt be to bad. Sorry for being brutally honest but enjoy. 

Posted by melanie2687 2017-05-07 07:37:31

TheThreadMaster said: "Yeah ummmm..........those aren't spectacular seats but I wouldnt say that their are necesarily terrible. You kind of answered it for yourself (extreme side, partial view). Chances are you may miss some stuff on the left side of the stage /in the far back of the stage. But it shouldnt be to bad. Sorry for being brutally honest but enjoy. 

"

Thanks for being honest, that's what I want! Now I just don't know if it's worth trying to sell them on StubHub and try for cancellation tix... or just be happy with those seats. I've done partial view before, but it's easier to swallow when they are cheap rush tickets or lottery seats and not crazy marked up tickets from StubHub. 

Posted by Wick3 2017-05-07 08:36:22

If I had a choice for which side to sit in, definitely sit in right orchestra or right mezz. In one of the critical scenes Evan Hansen is looking towards house right (stage left) so from your seat, you'll be seeing his back a lot (not his facial expressions/mannerisms.)

Posted by Nessa7 2017-05-08 13:06:14

I'm so happy I stumbled upon this thread. I was going to buy a ticket from Stubhub and was going to end up spending at least $350 for a semi decent ticket. I didn't even think of checking telecharge again since I just assumed it was sold out. I checked right after I read this thread and they had one seat available. I scored a Right Orchestra Row N seat for $189. So thank you to everyone who suggested checking telecharge!!

Posted by ccbroadway13 2017-05-08 13:13:22

For DEH, StubHub prices drop significantly about an hour before curtain. If you aren't afraid of a last minute option, I would recommend buying a StubHub ticket and picking it up/printing it at the StubHub LMS center in NYC. It's about a 10 minute walk from the theatre. You can usually get a ticket for around $130 - give or take. 

Posted by MyLife 2017-05-08 13:39:36

I've seen tickets drop to $36 10-15 minutes before showtimes. Wednesday matinees drop to the lowest, followed by weekday evenings.

Posted by armandantony 2017-05-14 15:15:27

Has anyone had luck for the cancellation line as of late?

how early have you lined up? We've got this Sunday open and would love to see this one again. 

Posted by ilyas-ch 2017-05-15 10:45:39

Hi guys, I was in NY last week, and was able to get two ochestra seats (row F) for last wednesday matinee at 189$! I got them on telecharge at around 1am (day of the performance). Just thought I'd let you know, cuz orchestra seats, this close to the stage, are usually 399$, right? 

Posted by Caye2 2017-05-15 10:48:31

Has anyone tried the "3 or 4 day rule" on Telecharge recently to get regular/non-premium tickets?  I tried about 2 or 3 weeks ago and did see regular price tickets become available 3-4 days before the performance date; when I tried last week and this week, I didn't see any.  Is it because demand has increased since the Tony Award nominations were announced? 

Posted by ilyas-ch 2017-05-15 10:50:06

I think that's what I'm talking about on my previous post! But I got them on the day of the performance, around 1am!

Posted by mmFan 2017-05-15 10:56:06

Caye2 said: "Has anyone tried the "3 or 4 day rule" on Telecharge recently to get regular/non-premium tickets?  I tried about 2 or 3 weeks ago and did see regular price tickets become available 3-4 days before the performance date; when I tried last week and this week, I didn't see any.  Is it because demand has increased since the Tony Award nominations were announced? "

It worked for me but that was a couple weeks ago, the last week in April (got normal priced tickets on Tues for the Friday evening).  I have noticed $399 seats but not sure about non-premium as each day gets closer to Tonys.

Posted by MsDesmond1995 2017-05-23 22:38:51

I'm trying to do the "3-4 day rule" for DEH tickets on Telecharge before resorting to Stubhub. I'm trying for the evening performance this Sunday. I was wondering if anyone knows about what time Telecharge usually releases seats on the 4th day before a performance? 

Posted by tylerjeffrey2 2017-05-23 23:35:32

So I don't post on here much but wanted to share my experience.

I was wanting to see the show this last Saturday night 5/20 @ 8PM. Telecharge had nothing "pop up", watched resale sites but the cheapest seat was going for $350 and eventually got sold. Went to the box office around 5:30PM and the box office clerk recommended the cancellation line.

I got in line at 5:45PM on a Saturday, there were 6 people ahead of me. At about 6:10PM, someone came out and asked how many tickets everyone needed and the first 5 people got to go in and purchase. By 6:30PM, the line had about 15-20 people in it. By 7:00PM around 30, and then people started giving up throughout the line. At around 7:15, he came out again with a pair of tickets. Luckily, the girl in front of me only needed 1 ticket and I was by myself. I got Row G Center orchestra for $189. An amazing deal if you ask me and I felt like it was worth the stress I had had that day. 

At 7:59, the two people standing behind me in line (positions 8 and 9) got let in and sat right next to me.

Totally worth doing this! I wish I had done it earlier in my trip and not waited until the last night. Hope that helps!

Posted by mmFan 2017-05-24 12:52:41

MsDesmond1995 said: "I'm trying to do the "3-4 day rule" for DEH tickets on Telecharge before resorting to Stubhub. I'm trying for the evening performance this Sunday. I was wondering if anyone knows about what time Telecharge usually releases seats on the 4th day before a performance? "

When this worked for me (end of April), I was trying for Friday night show.

On Monday night around 6pm, they released the $399 seats.

On Tues around 3:30pm, they released $189 and lower seats.

Good luck!

Posted by Big Apple2 2017-05-24 18:23:21

It is basically a hit or miss.  You have to watch it like a hawk.  When I was looking for tickets earlier this month, nothing in the $200 was showing up.  I got lucky when a handful showed up on Stubhub for center mezzanine and I grabbed it.  I continued to follow Telecharge and no tickets showed up in the same price range and location.  I highly suggest you follow both Telecharge and Stubhub.  You just never know when the good tickets might show up.

Posted by reginula 2017-05-24 18:33:12

Big Apple2 said: "It is basically a hit or miss.  You have to watch it like a hawk.  When I was looking for tickets earlier this month, nothing in the $200 was showing up.  I got lucky when a handful showed up on Stubhub for center mezzanine and I grabbed it.  I continued to follow Telecharge and no tickets showed up in the same price range and location.  I highly suggest you follow both Telecharge and Stubhub.  You just never know when the good tickets might show up.

"

Just this morning I saw a couple Center Orchestra pair on Stubhub for $200 each for the matinee. I don't know if all the orchestra tickets are $189, but if they are I guess that was very, very reasonable. 

Posted by iwilldefygravity 2017-05-24 18:58:52

Stubhub was still around $220 at 1.55 pm for today's matinee show with 4 tickets left unsold. Anyway, I'm queuing up on Friday. I only need 1 ticket so I'm able to help anyone to buy in exchange for payment of my ticket. Just drop me a PM :) 

Posted by adk31 2017-05-25 15:36:56

So glad I found this thread! I'm planning to fly in from Michigan for one day to see the show, but the flight is way cheaper than the show ticket! I might try my luck with the cancellation line and keep stubhub as a backup plan. 

Posted by reginula 2017-05-25 17:59:43

If anyone is out of luck tonight, I'm seeing two orchestra seats for $207 in Stubhub NOW.

(Is it wrong to post these things if one comes across them? I'd appreciate your input. I've been following how the prices behave and saw these)

Posted by Kathryn Wilson 2017-05-25 21:15:49

Hey everyone! I am going into NYC tomorrow. I plan on rushing in the morning of the 27th (saturday). I have been debating if I should rush Hello Dolly or DEH. If anyone wants to team up and rush with me, one to Hello Dolly and one to DEH, just send me a PM! Thanks!!!

Posted by greenifyme2 2017-06-03 20:40:27

After entering the lottery almost every single day (except for days I was out of town), since November, I FINALLY WON the DEH lottery for today. I couldn't believe my eyes when I got the text message and email! I hadn't really heard of anyone winning, but someone has to, right? I got 2 seats, one was in the box and the other was in the front row all the way to the side. The stage is very high and my bf is pretty tall, so he agreed to take the seat in row A. My seat in the box was incredible. So, it IS possible to win! 

Posted by Dfgtoronto 2017-06-03 23:26:47

Wow! Congratulations! I'm glad your persistence paid off! 

Posted by greenifyme2 2017-06-04 00:14:12

Dfgtoronto said: "Wow! Congratulations! I'm glad your persistence paid off! 

Thanks!! The only other show I entered that consistently was the BOM Twitter lottery. Won that after 3 months. This took 6, whew. It only takes a few seconds each day though, so totally worth it!

Posted by act926 2017-06-11 23:28:00

After the large sweep at the Tonys, I'm assuming that tickets through the cancellation line will be harder to get? If anyone goes within the next week or two, please share your experience! :) I'm planning to try the line sometime in July, and I'm hoping that it won't be necessary to camp out like many people did for Hamilton last year. 

Posted by Robbie2 2017-06-12 01:08:41

DEH Holy Toledo...

They just raised prices for Orchestra $299-$399

Mezzanine $250-$299

Posted by reginula 2017-06-12 12:54:55

Robbie2 said: "DEH Holy Toledo...

Mezzanine $250-$299

"

Just to be sure I'm following... This is more expensive than Hamilton now?

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-06-12 13:22:03

reginula said: "Robbie2 said: "DEH Holy Toledo...

Mezzanine $250-$299

"

Just to be sure I'm following... This is more expensive than Hamilton now?

No, not even close. Premium tickets for HAMILTON are FAR more expensive, and regular-priced tickets for DEH are still in the "reasonable" range of $199 and under.

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2017-06-13 20:57:35

Hey, so I'm going to be in NYC from June 20th to the 23rd and I was wondering a couple things. How safe is it to camp out at night? I've heard people getting there at show time the night before didn't get anything so what time do you recommend? And have prices on stub hub dropped lower closer to performances? 

Posted by supersam1026 2017-06-13 21:01:48

I walked by the theater last night around 8pm and there were already at least 6-7 people lined up and camped out for the night. This was the first show post-Tonys, so don't know if this will be consistent, but I can't see it really becoming too much of a shorter wait at this point.

Posted by 220Basswood 2017-06-13 23:39:53

greenifyme2 said: "After entering the lottery almost every single day (except for days I was out of town), since November, I FINALLY WON the DEH lottery for today. I couldn't believe my eyes when I got the text message and email! I hadn't really heard of anyone winning, but someone has to, right? I got 2 seats, one was in the box and the other was in the front row all the way to the side. The stage is very high and my bf is pretty tall, so he agreed to take the seat in row A. My seat in the box was incredible. So, it IS possible to win! 

Hi.  I know the odds of me winning the lottery are slim to none but I am going to enter it anyways.  My mother wants to see the show with my father and they cannot stand in the cancellation line.  They are trying to get tickets to a Wednesday afternoon later this month.  My question is do people who win the lottery find out where the seats they win are located prior to paying for the seats or is the setup like priceline and you don't find out where the seats are located until after you pay for the seats?  

"

Posted by LesWickedly 2017-06-13 23:48:46

Jorge, I looked at StubHub 10 minutes before showtime and the cheapest was $150 for From Row mezz. Not too bad, but I'd recommend trying to wait over night. If you can't, just go to the StubHub center and wait until you get the price you like and then RUN to the Music Box.

Posted by greenifyme2 2017-06-13 23:57:46

Hi.  I know the odds of me winning the lottery are slim to none but I am going to enter it anyways.  My mother wants to see the show with my father and they cannot stand in the cancellation line.  They are trying to get tickets to a Wednesday afternoon later this month.  My question is do people who win the lottery find out where the seats they win are located prior to paying for the seats or is the setup like priceline and you don't find out where the seats are located until after you pay for the seats?  

Very slim. Everyone has the same chance, but you can't count on it in any way. When I won I had to call Telecharge since the website wasn't working and the woman told me what the seats were over the phone. She felt bad the seats weren't together but I didn't care. It's $40 for one of the toughest most expensive tickets in town - do NOT be picky and take what they give you if you should be so lucky!

"

Posted by 220Basswood 2017-06-14 00:37:48

Greenifyme thank you for your response.  Were your seats obstructed view?  Do you know if the seats given to lottery winners are primarily obstructed view?

Posted by bennyb86 2017-06-14 14:08:42

LesWickedly said: "Jorge, I looked at StubHub 10 minutes before showtime and the cheapest was $150 for From Row mezz. Not too bad, but I'd recommend trying to wait over night. If you can't, just go to the StubHub center and wait until you get the price you like and then RUN to the Music Box.

"

Sorry if this may be answered but where is the StubHub center?  Is it kinda like TKTS but for StubHub?

Posted by thatoneboy 2017-06-14 14:22:42

220Basswood said: "greenifyme2 said: "After entering the lottery almost every single day (except for days I was out of town), since November, I FINALLY WON the DEH lottery for today. I couldn't believe my eyes when I got the text message and email! I hadn't really heard of anyone winning, but someone has to, right? I got 2 seats, one was in the box and the other was in the front row all the way to the side. The stage is very high and my bf is pretty tall, so he agreed to take the seat in row A. My seat in the box was incredible. So, it IS possible to win! 

"
Hello! When I won the lottery I didn't know where the seats were until I picked them up at the box office. Although maybe I could have investigated a little more. It was 2 seats together in the box. Slight partial view but absolutely worth it!!!

Posted by Brooke Quinlan 2017-06-16 11:43:48

Outside of the stub hub center where can I print last minute tub hub tickets? Any places near the theater?

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-06-16 11:58:56

Brooke Quinlan said: "Outside of the stub hub center where can I print last minute tub hub tickets? Any places near the theater?

I've read about people printing their tickets at the Marriott Marquis hotel business center, which is on Broadway between 45th and 46th St.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2017-06-16 18:11:18

I passed by the theater at 4pm and there were about 10 people in line for standing room for tomorrow morning. 

Posted by Ajamet 2017-06-20 13:20:00

I dropped by Music Box today Tuesday 6/20 at 8:30am and I was #20 in line But only numbers 1,2 and 3 got SRO and they each bought 2 tix I believe. Come From Away, directly across the street had a similar situation...so chances are very slim to unless you are one of the first ppl

Posted by bwayandstuff 2017-06-20 13:24:15

Ajamet said: "I dropped by Music Box today Tuesday 6/20 at 8:30am and I was #20 in line But only numbers 1,2 and 3 got SRO and they each bought 2 tix I believe. Come From Away, directly across the street had a similar situation...so chances are very slim to unless you are one of the first ppl

My friend was 5th in line and got a partial view cancellation ticket. She mentioned that they had very few tickets for tonight. I'm more interested that CFA had so few tickets as well because they've been consistently having 8-10 rush seats plus 25 SRO. People who showed up at 10:30 on Sunday got SRO no problem. (Not trying to change the subject here!)

I also know that for a while DEH was putting a note on the door of the box office that alerted the people in line how many SRO tickets they had for that day. That was pre-Tonys though so they must have changed it.

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2017-06-21 21:57:52

Hi all! So I did the stub hub trick today! I paid more than I might have wanted, but I thought it was worth it! So if you can't wait in the line buy from stub hub! The show is amazing, though! I was sobbing like a baby throughout! Now I want to see it with my mom....

Posted by Caye2 2017-06-22 09:23:27

Has anyone tried to get cancellation (not SRO) tickets recently?  Are they still only distributing those 2 hours before curtain?

Posted by Burgcenafan 2017-06-22 20:27:52

With the new arm band policy and it being taken out can anyone report how long the cancellation line has been sense it seems as if no one can spend the night now?

Posted by n2nbaby 2017-06-22 20:31:26

I've heard they have done away with the SRO line and now the SRO are being offered through the online lotto.

Posted by Burgcenafan 2017-06-22 20:37:03

I have heard the same. I guess what my question is has the cancellation line been effected by this in terms of wait time as well

Posted by n2nbaby 2017-06-22 20:44:47

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I was reading and talking to someone at the same time and just read the SRO mess and it got garbled in my mind. Apologies! :)

Posted by Burgcenafan 2017-06-22 21:03:03

Also does anyone know how much cancellation line tickets are currently

Posted by Burgcenafan 2017-06-22 21:03:04

Also does anyone know how much cancellation line tickets are currently

Posted by ursusfidelis 2017-06-22 21:12:19

Looking for 2 SRO tickets for any day coming up... if anyone is looking to do it, I'll cover your tickets!  PM me if it's still a thing! Lol

Posted by karissa3 2017-06-23 09:51:56

n2nbaby said: "I've heard they have done away with the SRO line and now the SRO are being offered through the online lotto.

"

I'm really curious about whether or not they are going to specify when SRO tickets are won through the digital lottery. If anyone has any experience with this in the next little while, post it on here so we can know!!

Posted by LizzieCurry 2017-06-23 10:39:28

Wayman confirms(ish): 

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat_new/d.php?id=2383855

Posted by JillianSch 2017-06-23 17:33:23

Putting SRO tickets as part of the lottery is ridiculous. I can't imagine everyone who enters would be OK with standing for 2.5 hours. I certainly would not. 

Posted by 10086Sundays 2017-06-23 17:44:08

Hopefully, they'll let you choose whether you want to enter for seats or SRO or both.  I'd check the website, but I don't feel like giving my social network info since I don't plan to enter.

Posted by LAStevieG 2017-06-24 15:41:23

FWIW: Playbill's Rush/SRO policy page is offering daily updates on when SRO lineup starts for DEH: http://www.playbill.com/article/broadway-rush-lottery-and-standing-room-only-policies-com-116003

Posted by Robbie2 2017-06-24 17:53:17

*Ben Platt will not perform Sunday - June 25 per Telecharge

Posted by Caye2 2017-06-26 08:19:44

Saw a sizable cancellation line for the performance last night (Sun 6/25/17 8pm) when I walked by.  For anyone there, how many cancellation tickets did they give out if any?

Posted by Charlie Boddy 2017-06-27 19:06:46

Call_me_jorge said: "Hi all! So I did the stub hub trick today! I paid more than I might have wanted, but I thought it was worth it! So if you can't wait in the line buy from stub hub! The show is amazing, though! I was sobbing like a baby throughout! Now I want to see it with my mom....

"

I'm thinking of doing it through Stub Hub too, how soon before the show did you buy your tickets? And if you choose to pick up your tickets at the stub hub service center, do you have to print them out or are they actual physical copies? Thanks

Posted by yanks02 2017-06-27 21:50:10

I've been reading a lot about SRO but my question is specifically about cancellation line. I don't mind lining up for a few hours and paying normal box office prices. I'm flying in from San Francisco tonight and didn't know about my trip in enough time to buy a ticket. Has anyone done cancellation line for DEH recently? If so, what are the times people normally start lining up? I've done 3 AM for Hamilton before but I'd rather not wait that long if I don't need to! Thanks for any help!

Posted by haterobics 2017-06-27 23:17:55

Burgcenafan said: "Also does anyone know how much cancellation line tickets are currently"

I think it is just the cost of the tickets that were canceled, so no way to know. If premiums, you pay premium, regular you pay regular price for that seat, etc.

Posted by chuckydisc 2017-06-28 11:02:10

yanks02 said: "I don't mind lining up for a few hours and paying normal box office prices. Thanks for any help!"

What's the maximum number of hours you wouldn't mind waiting?

Posted by LesWickedly 2017-06-28 11:20:18

haterobics said: "Burgcenafan said: "Also does anyone know how much cancellation line tickets are currently"

I think it is just the cost of the tickets that were canceled, so no way to know. If premiums, you pay premium, regular you pay regular price for that seat, etc.

"

That's not true. All tickets are $199, including premiums.

Posted by Caye2 2017-06-28 19:07:59

Can someone who won the DEH lottery tonight tell us if the notification email let you know if you got SRO or an actual seat?  If the email doesn't say, please let us know what happens when you pick up your tickets tonight.

Posted by Caye2 2017-06-29 08:53:32

Any reports about the DEH lottery since SRO tickets have been added to it?  When you get the notification email, do they tell you if you've won a seat or a SRO spot?

Posted by thatsnicelady 2017-07-03 13:43:08

I'm wondering the same thing. I was hoping to do SRO again but since that option is cancelled I'm definitely willing to pay full price for a seat and wait a few hours in line to see it again. 

I'm just confused about whether there actually is still a line for cancellation tickets? If so, what time does the venue allow the line to start? Does anyone have any experience this week since the new policy has been implemented?

Also, just spreading the word because I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the other DEH posts or the official DEH social media, Ben will be on vacation next week (July 10-16th). It's confirmed in a small sentence on DEH.com right above the 'Buy Tickets' widget.

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-03 19:17:30

For anyone interested, Telecharge is still releasing regularly-priced seats 3-5 days before some performances. Someone posted on another thread about getting a $149 seat yesterday for Thursday, 7/6, and, indeed, I just got a seat for this Friday, 7/7, in the rear mezzanine on the inner aisle for $135, $149 with fees. It's nice to see that they're not price gouging, even though they probably could get away with it.

Posted by thatsnicelady 2017-07-03 19:40:13

CT2NYC said: "For anyone interested, Telecharge is still releasing regularly-priced seats 3-5 days before some performances. Someone posted on another thread about getting a $149 seat yesterday for Thursday, 7/6, and, indeed, I just got a seat for this Friday, 7/7, in the rear mezzanine on the inner aisle for $135, $149 with fees. It's nice to see that they're not price gouging, even though they probably could get away with it.

"

Wow. I've been checking off and on all day and just getting the "no tickets available" message.  ?? I'll keep trying. Thank your for the info though and congrats. 

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-03 20:08:34

thatsnicelady said: "CT2NYC said: "For anyone interested, Telecharge is still releasing regularly-priced seats 3-5 days before some performances. Someone posted on another thread about getting a $149 seat yesterday for Thursday, 7/6, and, indeed, I just got a seat for this Friday, 7/7, in the rear mezzanine on the inner aisle for $135, $149 with fees. It's nice to see that they're not price gouging, even though they probably could get away with it.

"

Wow. I've been checking off and on all day and just getting the "no tickets available" message.  ?? I'll keep trying. Thank your for the info though and congrats. 

No problem, I'm happy to help, and thank you!

Posted by sciencegirl 2017-07-04 10:33:41

thatsnicelady said: "I'm wondering the same thing. I was hoping to do SRO again but since that option is cancelled I'm definitely willing to pay full price for a seat and wait a few hours in line to see it again. 

I'm just confused about whether there actually is still a line for cancellation tickets? If so, what time does the venue allow the line to start? Does anyone have any experience this week since the new policy has been implemented?

Also, just spreading the word because I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the other DEH posts or the official DEH social media, Ben will be on vacation next week (July 10-16th). It's confirmed in a small sentence on DEH.com right above the 'Buy Tickets' widget.

"

I tried cancellations last Wednesday, first day of the SRO change hoping to get lucky.  At 11:30am there were about 15 ppl waiting in the line and we're told cancellations would be sold at 12:30 for the matinee. I left, saw Bandstand across the street and  returned  at 4:30, and there were 10 ppl waiting for eve cancellations that would open up at 6pm.  By 6 there were 20 of us. We were also told all the seats & SRO from the lottery we're claimed. So, I guess people who win the lottery are happily taking whatever they win..sigh...

Posted by KateAM2 2017-07-04 10:52:42

My best friend was lucky enough to win the DEH lottery on Sunday, July 2nd for the 3pm show! We found out the results at 9am and bought the tickets within about five minutes. There was no indication if they were standing room or seated. When we picked up the tickets at the box office just after 12pm, they already had all the lottery tickets printed, and the name of the person who won was printed right on each ticket, so the time you arrive at the box office has no bearing on what tickets you get.  

We ended up in the second row of the box on the left side of the audience (there's no seating on the box on the right side--sound equipment there instead). There are only five seats in the box: four of them are along the curved outer edge of the box and seemed unobstructed; one seat in the second row (mine! my ticket says Box50, LA 3) was partially obstructed by the person in front of me. Since there was no one behind me and the chairs are movable, I just shifted side to side or leaned as necessary. Again, I think my seat was the only one in the box to have this obstruction issue, since everyone else is arranged along the outside of the box and therefore has no one in front of them. 

The tickets say partial view, but I didn't feel like I missed anything major. I couldn't see the band (stage right) from where I was, but my friend, who sat at the edge of the box, could see them at least partially. It was tough but not impossible to see Connor's mom when she was far upstage right during "Requiem" (the person in front of me had to lean right to see her). We couldn't see Ben's face during the first half of "Words Fail" since he's looking stage left (he turns to face the front halfway through the song and then we had a great view); we also couldn't see his face during "So Big, So Small" (but had a straight-on view of RBJ's face, which is the perfect view for that song).

Ultimately, I thought the seats were AMAZING. SO close with only minor obstructions (if you're stuck in the middle seat like I was, most of them can be fixed by leaning, moving your chair, or nicely asking the person in front of you to scooch a bit). Ben spends a lot of time stage right and our view of him was stunning. The box is also a great place for watching other people in the theater try to surreptitiously wipe away their tears  

Long story short: we weren't told where our seats would be when we won, but we bought tickets quickly after we were notified and ended up in the box seats, which were great. If you want to guarantee a seat, my experience suggests that you should buy quickly! :) Hope that helps. 

re: cancellation line: there was NO ONE in the cancellation line on Saturday, July 1st at 5pm for the 8pm show (or for any future shows), and the woman at the box office said it was likely that tickets would become available. We heard the next day that Ben did not perform that night, though, so that may have kept people away if it was announced beforehand. I asked the woman at the box office about SRO and she confirmed that they're all sold through the lottery now. I asked what happens to unclaimed SRO lottery tickets, but her answer wasn't clear to me. It may be worth calling the box office to ask if unclaimed SRO lottery tickets are sold to the cancellation line (like how Hamilton sells unclaimed lottery seats to the cancellation line at full price).

When we picked up our tickets on Sunday, July 2nd around noon, there were maybe 15-20 people in the cancellation line. Not sure what time they got there or if they got tickets. 

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-04 13:15:49

I know this is a little far in advance, but A LOT of regularly-priced tickets ($169-199) are available on Telecharge for the following dates: 

Thursday, 9/21

Thursday, 10/5

Saturday, 10/7 at 2:00 p.m.

Saturday 10/21 at 2:00 p.m.

Tuesday 10/31 

These aren't just single seats here and there, it's literally entire and partial rows of seats, mainly in the mezzanine. For anyone looking to see Ben Platt before November, this is a great opportunity. Get 'em while they're hot!

Posted by mariellie 2017-07-04 16:31:32

CT2NYC said: "I know this is a little far in advance, but A LOT of regularly-priced tickets ($169-199) are available on Telecharge for the following dates: 

Thursday, 9/21

Thursday, 10/5

Tuesday 10/31 

These aren't just single seats here and there, it's literally entire and partial rows of seats, mainly in the mezzanine. For anyone looking to see Ben Platt before November, this is a great opportunity. Get 'em while they're hot!
"

Thanks so much for the heads up! I wonder why these were released, because I checked just a few days ago with no luck. Some of the dates you mentioned were already snapped up but I just bought some for October...

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-04 16:35:55

mariellie said: "CT2NYC said: "I know this is a little far in advance, but A LOT of regularly-priced tickets ($169-199) are available on Telecharge for the following dates: 

Thursday, 9/21

Thursday, 10/5

Tuesday 10/31 

"

Thanks so much for the heads up! I wonder why these were released, because I checked just a few days ago with no luck. Some of the dates you mentioned were already snapped up but I just bought some for October...

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to pick them up before they're all gone!

Posted by yanks02 2017-07-04 17:15:34

I did cancellation line on Thursday, June 29. I got there at 1 PM and there were 2 people in front of me, one got there at 11, the other at noon. The next person came at 2 and then more trickled in as the afternoon went on. At 5:30, the box office guy came out and said they had 2 pairs of 2 tickets in the orchestra for $199 and then 2 SRO seats that went unclaimed in the lottery for ... something like $40 I can't remember because I wasn't going to take them. First person in line took 2 seats, the girl in front of me and I took the last 2 orchestra seats. The guy behind me and two people behind him didn't take the SRO seats so two girls after them did. I left and went to the Marriott to clean up and came back to the theatre. I got orchestra row F, seat 7 which was an excellent view! When we got into the theatre, the next 4 people in line were sitting in orchestra row G so at least 8 of us got orchestra seats and 2 got SRO.

All in all it was a great day even though it was boiling hot outside. Bring a foldie chair and an umbrella to keep the sun off of you because the side of the theatre faces the sun and never gets any shade. I was staring longingly at the Come From Away theatre that was in the shade haha. 

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-05 09:01:03

CT2NYC said: "I know this is a little far in advance, but A LOT of regularly-priced tickets ($169-199) are available on Telecharge for the following dates: 

Thursday, 9/21

Thursday, 10/5

Tuesday 10/31 

UPDATE: All these seats are gone. Hopefully, some of you were able to score some tickets!

Posted by haterobics 2017-07-05 11:06:03

Thursday, 9/21

Thursday, 10/5

Tuesday 10/31 

"

I didn't see this post, BUT I did get one for 10/21 before seeing it.

Posted by haterobics 2017-07-05 15:40:48

One ticket available for Sunday right now... $199 third row! Hurry!

Posted by yaoqian 2017-07-05 16:21:36

haterobics said: "One ticket available for Sunday right now... $199 third row! Hurry!

"

ughhh saw this too late! The ticket already gone!! Crying inside... but thank you so much for sharing it! Crossing my fingers that more will come...

Posted by Claireso 2017-07-06 11:51:55

Lottery update! I randomly won the lottery yesterday and purchased/claimed my tickets within four minutes. When we went to pick up our tickets at the box office, my name was already printed on our tickets and our seats were front row stage . It was incredible to see Ben Platt and the whole cast that close up, we saw and felt their spit, and saw everything else going on. Such a different experience seeing him literally shake as compared to SRO where I had previously seen it.

Also, the box office said they have a few cancellations for tonight but also said they  couldn't confirm the cast... They are starting at $100 so may be worth it to see it! Ben's voice was incredible last night, but I could tell he was struggling to hit the high notes, I'm assuming he is off tonight resting.

Posted by haterobics 2017-07-06 13:45:47

When you win the lottery, is there any indication whether you won a seat or SRO? Kinda don't want to truck all the way into NYC on such short notice and then stand the whole time, heh.

Posted by greenifyme2 2017-07-06 18:04:26

LAStevieG - You could always call the phone number in the email they send when you win and ask. When I won I had to call because I was having issue with the website and she was able to tell me what the seats were before I bought them.

Honestly though, if you are lucky enough to win the lottery, you should take ANY space in the theater they are willing to give you for $42. Or, if you don't want to, you can give it to me I'll stand!

Posted by Kara Lee Sweeny 2017-07-07 12:51:59

Ok everyone - need advice and opinions for trying to get cancellation tickets on Sat or Sun. What time should I line up?

Posted by LKD 2017-07-07 14:29:11

I'm also interested in the cancellation line for this Sat/Sun. If anyone has more details/advice, or wants to divide time waiting, etc., please let me know.

Posted by chelseaburnside 2017-07-07 15:27:59

This weekend might be a little longer with Ben being out of the show from the 10th-16th.

Posted by Grubz 2017-07-07 15:39:05

IS IT true ben platt won't be in the show wed thru Friday of next week?   Promoting pitch perfect 3?

that sucks wanted to see him

Posted by yaoqian 2017-07-07 17:06:09

Quick question - does anyone know if entering for two worsen your odds of winning than entering for only one ticket for lotteries in general (such as Hamilton, deh, etc.?) thanks!

Posted by haterobics 2017-07-07 17:37:43

yaoqian said: "Quick question - does anyone know if entering for two worsen your odds of winning than entering for only one ticket for lotteries in general (such as Hamilton, deh, etc.?) thanks!"

Well, if there is only a single seat left, and they are picking winners... you can't be picked for two, so that does decrease your odds.

Posted by haterobics 2017-07-07 17:38:35

Grubz said: "IS IT true ben platt won't be in the show wed thru Friday of next week?   Promoting pitch perfect 3?

"

Sort of. He'll be out all next week, so Tuesday through Sunday, I believe. But it has nothing to do with a movie in which he is not appearing.

Posted by haterobics 2017-07-07 17:39:39

If you're dying to see the show WITHOUT Ben, seats-a-plenty are opening up for next week. So much so that I wonder if they sent out a notice to people or something?

Posted by mmFan 2017-07-07 18:43:21

haterobics said: "Grubz said: "IS IT true ben platt won't be in the show wed thru Friday of next week?   Promoting pitch perfect 3?

"

Sort of. He'll be out all next week, so Tuesday through Sunday, I believe. But it has nothing to do with a movie in which he is not appearing.
"

That made me laugh...lol

Didn't realise he's not in #3 but of course when would he have filmed it?

Posted by yaoqian 2017-07-08 13:27:13

There's a pair of $193 ticket for orchestra P6,8 on StubHub for the matinee performance - great price! Go check it out if you're interested

Posted by broadwaynyc3 2017-07-08 18:48:35

I won the matinee lottery today, didn't find out till we pick up the tickets that they were standing room tickets.  Excellent view but wished we had seats though....

Posted by Am85122 2017-07-11 13:35:45

So sorry if this has already been asked! Do cancelled tickets go back on telecharge or does the box office just hang on to them? Also, is it possible to get cancellation tickets in advance or only via the cancellation line the day of the show? Thanks!

Posted by yaoqian 2017-07-11 15:18:33

Am85122 said: "So sorry if this has already been asked! Do cancelled tickets go back on telecharge or does the box office just hang on to them? Also, is it possible to get cancellation tickets in advance or only via the cancellation line the day of the show? Thanks!

"

From what I know there seems to be a pattern on telecharge that four days in advance to the show, at random times throughout the day, telecharge will release a couple of face-value tickets. This is how I got one of my face value tickets on a Sunday to a Thursday show! Many other people in this thread confirmed this pattern. I suppose that any tickets that are cancelled before this four-day mark will go to telecharge and after it will go to the cancellation line the day of? Anyways, give this four-day thing a try! It certainly worked for me. Hope this helps!

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-11 15:52:41

The seats that have been released on Telecharge under the "4-day trick" generally appear to be unsold wheelchair companion, transfer arm, and transfer arm companion seats, and haven't seemed to be related to cancellations. 

Posted by yaoqian 2017-07-11 17:01:36

CT2NYC said: "The seats that have been released on Telecharge under the "4-day trick" generally appear to be unsold wheelchair companion, transfer arm, and transfer arm companion seats, and haven't seemed to be related to cancellations. 

"

Ah! I've always wondered why they were released. Thanks for clarifying!

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-11 17:07:46

yaoqian said: "CT2NYC said: "The seats that have been released on Telecharge under the "4-day trick" generally appear to be unsold wheelchair companion, transfer arm, and transfer arm companion seats, and haven't seemed to be related to cancellations. 

"

Ah! I've always wondered why they were released. Thanks for clarifying!

No problem! You got seat K 4 in the mezzanine for last Thursday, right? That's a transfer arm companion seat. I got seat K 2 for last Friday, which is a transfer arm seat. 

Posted by haterobics 2017-07-11 17:09:57

CT2NYC said: "The seats that have been released on Telecharge under the "4-day trick" generally appear to be unsold wheelchair companion, transfer arm, and transfer arm companion seats, and haven't seemed to be related to cancellations. "

If it's always four days, looks like I can take a few days off, then. I'll wait til Mssr. Platt returns..

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-11 17:15:18

haterobics said: "CT2NYC said: "The seats that have been released on Telecharge under the "4-day trick" generally appear to be unsold wheelchair companion, transfer arm, and transfer arm companion seats, and haven't seemed to be related to cancellations. "

If it's always four days, looks like I can take a few days off, then. I'll wait til Mssr. Platt returns..

It's usually 4 days, but it can vary from 3-5. I've seen some Wednesday's shows pop up as early as the previous Friday.

Posted by Am85122 2017-07-11 22:15:49

Thank you! That's a great trick to know! 

So as far as cancelled tickets go, does the box office sell those directly and do they sell them in advance? Like if I were to go in person on a Sunday and ask if they had cancellation tickets for Wednesday would they sell those? Or do they only sell those the day of the show through the cancellation line?

Posted by Am85122 2017-07-11 22:25:36

Thank you! That's a great trick to know! 

So as far as cancelled tickets go, does the box office sell those directly and do they sell them in advance? Like if I were to go in person on a Sunday and ask if they had cancellation tickets for Wednesday would they sell those? Or do they only sell those the day of the show through the cancellation line?

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-11 22:36:44

Am85122 said: "Thank you! That's a great trick to know! 

I can't answer that definitively, but I'd assume that if you go on a Sunday and ask about Wednesday's show, they'll either have tickets or they won't. I don't believe using the word "cancellations" will make a difference. 

Posted by yaoqian 2017-07-13 18:30:36

I literally passed by the music box around 40 minutes ago and decided why not go check... then they somehow had an sro available???? So I took it without even hesitating..... tonight Michael Lee Brown is going on as Evan and I'm sure he'll be amazing! I'll be posting a report. I was more hoping to see Colton but I heard Michael is phenomenal too!

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-13 19:23:13

Hi

does anyone know what time I should arrive before a 2 pm matinee for cancellation tickets? Me and my friend want to go and wait but we aren't sure

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-13 19:30:23

CT2NYC said: "haterobics said: "CT2NYC said: "The seats that have been released on Telecharge under the "4-day trick" generally appear to be unsold wheelchair companion, transfer arm, and transfer arm companion seats, and haven't seemed to be related to cancellations. "

It's usually 4 days, but it can vary from 3-5. I've seen some Wednesday's shows pop up as early as the previous Friday.

"

i checked online for those seats but couldn't find any. How often do they pop up? 

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-13 20:01:57

Maryg13 said: "CT2NYC said: "haterobics said: "CT2NYC said: "The seats that have been released on Telecharge under the "4-day trick" generally appear to be unsold wheelchair companion, transfer arm, and transfer arm companion seats, and haven't seemed to be related to cancellations. "

"

i checked online for those seats but couldn't find any. How often do they pop up? 

They used to show up almost every day. Recently, and especially since the Tonys, it's been more infrequent and random. 

Posted by Burgcenafan 2017-07-14 20:14:04

What's a good time to get in the cancellation line for a matinee on a two show day?

Posted by Am85122 2017-07-15 01:43:05

This probably isn't the case everyday but tickets for  Tuesday's show popped up around 4:30pm today (Friday). Like someone mentioned earlier, these were unsold wheelchair companion seats. When I checked in around that time there were 3 left.

And I'm pretty sure they released all the unsold wheelchair companion seats at the same time because I'd checked earlier in the day whether there were unsold wheelchair companion seats even available (there were) and checked again after that 4:30 mark and those wheelchair accessible seats were all gone.

Hope that helps! So I'd recommend to just check frequently throughout the day and you can even check in to see if they were released yet or not by looking up "wheelchair & transfer arm seating" tickets.  (But obviously not to buy until they release them to non-wheelchair users.)

Posted by Malatenj 2017-07-15 11:22:32

I'll be trying for DEH tickets for me and my two teen girls on 8/2 (Wednesday).  Based on all the great info in this thread, I am thinking of the following plan:
1) Check (check and check) telecharge days prior for wheelchair companion seats
2) Online lottery (to try for at least 2 tix)
3) Cancellation line
4) Stubhub within last 30 minutes (we are staying at the Marquis so we could print and get to the door pronto).  Only issue with the Stubhub option is that it could possibly block us out of another show if we don't score tickets - we are in town for only three days and want to see two plays on Wednesday.

How does this plan sound?  Any options to get to another play quickly (and cheaply) if we miss out on DEH matinee stubhub tickets?

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-15 11:39:58

Malatenj said: "I'll be trying for DEH tickets for me and my two teen girls on 8/2 (Wednesday).  Based on all the great info in this thread, I am thinking of the following plan:
1) Check (check and check) telecharge days prior for wheelchair companion seats
2) Online lottery (to try for at least 2 tix)
3) Cancellation line
4) Stubhub within last 30 minutes (we are staying at the Marquis so we could print and get to the door pronto).  Only issue with the Stubhub option is that it could possibly block us out of another show if we don't score tickets - we are in town for only three days and want to see two plays on Wednesday.

How does this plan sound?  Any options to get to another play quickly (and cheaply) if we miss out on DEH matinee stubhub tickets?

Your plan sounds great. If you miss out on DEH tickets, you'll always have TKTS as an $80-90 last-minute option for a lot of shows, including Bandstand, Miss Saigon, and Waitress. Anastasia has been on there sporadically, but never at 50% off. However, because the Broadway Theatre is so big, you could conceivably get rush tickets to Miss Saigon really close to showtime.

Also, as far as DEH tickets on StubHub are concerned, the lowest prices are usually for seats in the mezzanine. Just know that, because the Music Box is so small, the view from the last row of the mezzanine is still great. 

Posted by Malatenj 2017-07-15 12:02:10

Thanks on the plan check.  Any other comments welcome.  And yes, I know about the balcony view, as I saw it from the last row near sides, in December.  On the stubhub option, I will definitely be looking for the lowest price, and together, if possible.

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-15 12:11:53

Can anyone give some tips on cancellation line? :) I've never done cancellation line for a Broadway show before. I'm thinking of going on a two show day (probably Saturday) in August for dear Evan Hansen. What time should I get in the line at the box office?

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-15 15:03:06

Several $199 orchestra seats available on Telecharge right now for this Wednesday 7/19, at 2:00. 2, 3, and even 4 seats together!

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-15 15:27:10

CT2NYC said: "Several $199 orchestra seats available on Telecharge right now for this Wednesday 7/19, at 2:00. 2, 3, and even 4 seats together!

"

Dang it, I think I missed them there are none left! But thanks for sharing!!

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-15 15:36:35

Maryg13 said: "CT2NYC said: "Several $199 orchestra seats available on Telecharge right now for this Wednesday 7/19, at 2:00. 2, 3, and even 4 seats together!

"

No problem! There's 1 seat left for 2:00, and now there seat K 4 in the mezzanine for the 8:00 show, at $135. 

Posted by chuckydisc 2017-07-15 15:45:56

CT2NYC said: "Maryg13 said: "CT2NYC said: "Several $199 orchestra seats available on Telecharge right now for this Wednesday 7/19, at 2:00. 2, 3, and even 4 seats together!"

No problem! There's 1 seat left for 2:00, and now there seat K 4 in the mezzanine for the 8:00 show, at $135.
"

There's also an Orchestra seat still available at $199 for the 2pm show ( N24 ).

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-16 11:09:31

does anyone know how often $199 tickets pop up a few days before a show for DEH?  I'm planning on checking a lot in August so I can buy them with my friend instead of having to wait for199 tix in the cancellation line

Posted by Am85122 2017-07-16 12:25:48

People have said anywhere between 3-5 days before a show day. I got a ticket for Tuesday's show on Friday (aka 4 days before the show). The seats that were available were the unsold wheelchair companion seats and they popped up around 4:30pm (I doubt that's the time everyday but that happened to be the case for this past Friday). Tickets ranged from $135-$199.

And I thinkkkk (not positive though) that they release all those unsold wheelchair companion seats at once. So you can check if they've been released yet or not by looking under "wheelchair & transfer arm seating" just to see if there are any available. If there aren't any available it's likely they already released them to non-wheelchair users. Meaning there probably won't be anymore of those particular seats released via telecharge for that particular show time. (I THINK! Someone correct me if I'm wrong!!)

So I'd pick a show day and keep checking in those 5 days before the show on Telecharge.

(Btw a huge thanks to this message board and the members that shared the 4-day trick. I would not have known about it if it weren't for you guys so THANK YOU!) 

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-16 13:05:17

Tickets for this Thursday, 7/20, have been released and are on Telecharge right now! BTW, I sat in mezzanine seat K2, and it's a great seat, and a steal at $135.

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-16 13:15:46

For anyone interested in trying to get DEH tickets using the "4-day trick," this is an estimated release schedule:

Tickets for Tuesday release on Friday

Tickets for Wednesday release on Saturday 

Tickets for Thursday release on Sunday 

Tickets for Friday release on Monday

Tickets for Saturday release on Tuesday 

Tickets for Sunday release on Wednesday 

I've seen this vary by 1 day either before or after, but, generally, I believe that this schedule reflects the most common pattern.

Posted by yaoqian 2017-07-16 13:24:29

Hey guys! "4-day" tickets for Thursday have just been released on telecharge for Thursday, as CT2NYC said. The mezzanine K1&2 seats are gone, since I saw them right when my subway started moving...then when I refreshed it once I got service again they were gone. But I refreshed again and did happen to grab the center mezzanine J113&114 tickets to bring my mom for $169+fees which ended up being $183 each! It was more than I was planning to spend but hey, it's front center mezzanine so I'm not going to complain. 

Posted by brenway 2017-07-16 13:32:40

managed to grab the Mezz K2 seat! pumped to see this again!

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-16 13:37:08

thanks for all the help! I managed to get some for wednesday that were actually released this morning, but turns out I can't go :/ hoping to use the 4 day trick again in a few weeks when I can go. 

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-16 13:38:30

brenway said: "managed to grab the Mezz K2 seat! pumped to see this again!

Awesome! You can't tell from the seating chart, but that seat juts out beyond all the rows in front of it, so you're basically looking straight down the aisle, with no obstructions. It's a great view. Enjoy!

Posted by Bette's Turban 2017-07-16 13:50:05

CT2NYC  Have you noticed if the same trick has applied to Dolly?  

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-16 13:57:34

Maryg13 said: "does anyone know how often $199 tickets pop up a few days before a show for DEH?  I'm planning on checking a lot in August so I can buy them with my friend instead of having to wait for199 tix in the cancellation line

I thought it was becoming more infrequent, but it's been every day this week, so who knows? Also, recently, they've released not just $199 orchestra seats, but great $135 and $169 mezzanine seats, as well. Take a look at my release schedule above.

Posted by QueenTwinnied 2017-07-16 14:05:59

Hi! I'm going to be visiting NYC in a couple weeks and would love to see DEH , so do you know the approximate time the tickets are released four days prior? 

Also, what are wheelchair companion seats? 

Thanks!!!

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-16 14:37:40

Bette's Turban said: "CT2NYC  Have you noticed if the same trick has applied to Dolly?  

I haven't noticed a solid pattern, but they've definitely been releasing last-minute tickets, sometimes as late the day before, and, in the case of this past Friday, the day of. If these seats are wheelchair companion, transfer arm, and transfer arm companion seats, I'm thinking they might hold them longer because of Dolly!'s older demographic.

Posted by Bette's Turban 2017-07-16 14:51:23

CT2NYC:  That makes sense.   Thank you.  One more question since you see to know these things.  How do these shows get cancellations?  They make such a big deal about no refunds or cancelations when you buy the tickets.. How does it happen?  

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-16 14:53:06

QueenTwinnied said: "Hi! I'm going to be visiting NYC in a couple weeks and would love to see DEH , so do you know the approximate time the tickets are released four days prior? 

Thanks!!!

From what I've seen over the past few months, generally, tickets have been released in the afternoon, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Of course, this isn't definitive, but a pretty good estimation. When someone buys a wheelchair or transfer arm (aisle seat with an armrest that lifts up) seat, there are seats set aside for people that accompany them. As it gets closer to the date of the performance, any of these seats that remain unsold  are released for purchase by anyone.

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-16 15:04:49

Bette's Turban said: " 

CT2NYC:  That makes sense.   Thank you.  One more question since you see to know these things.  How do these shows get cancellations?  They make such a big deal about no refunds or cancelations when you buy the tickets.. How does it happen?  

That's a good question, and one for which I don't have a good answer. From what I've gathered, though, it seems like they will do a refund if they're certain that they'll be able to resell the ticket, which is a safe assumption with shows like DEH and Dolly! Maybe someone else can add some insight on this?

Posted by poisonivy2 2017-07-16 15:09:10

This thread is great. I just sold my Oct 7 ticket (gotten by the tip off in this thread) to my friend who has been dying to see this show. He was so happy. Maybe we should change the title of this thread to "DEH tickets -- You Will Be Found?"

Posted by QueenTwinnied 2017-07-16 15:16:50

CT2NYC said: "QueenTwinnied said: "Hi! I'm going to be visiting NYC in a couple weeks and would love to see DEH , so do you know the approximate time the tickets are released four days prior? 

Thanks!!!

From what I've seen over the past few months, generally, tickets have been released in the afternoon, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Of course, this isn't definitive, but a pretty good estimation. When someone buys a wheelchair or transfer arm (aisle seat with an armrest that lifts up) seat, there are seats set aside for people that accompany them. As it gets closer to the date of the performance, any of these seats that remain unsold  are released for purchase by anyone.

"

Thank you for your help! I'll definitely be checking Telecharge obsessively in the days leading up to my visit. I'm looking to see DEH on a Wednesday, so hopefully that will help since it's a weekday.

Posted by Bette's Turban 2017-07-16 15:20:38

CT2NYC said: "Bette's Turban said: " 

That's a good question, and one for which I don't had a good answer. From what I've gathered, though, it seems like they will do a refund if they're certain that they'll be able to resell the ticket, which is a safe assumption with shows like DEH and Dolly! Maybe someone else can add some insight on this?

Maybe they are released house seats or seats guaranteed for the creators that are released at certain times?   But those seats would all be prime locations.  And with these shows cancelations always tend to be the odd  row R on the extreme side.

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-16 16:08:38

For anyone who's curious, here are the seating charts for the Shubert (Dolly!) and the Music Box (DEH), with the wheelchair, transfer arm, and companion seats highlighted. They correspond directly with the last-minute seats released within the last week for both shows.

https://imgur.com/a/iZpTG

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-16 16:20:52

poisonivy2 said: "This thread is great. I just sold my Oct 7 ticket (gotten by the tip off in this thread) to my friend who has been dying to see this show. He was so happy. Maybe we should change the title of this thread to "DEH tickets -- You Will Be Found?"

Yes, Ivy, I love it! I'm sure you've seen the unnecessary negativity on other threads hurled at people asking about getting DEH tickets for under $200. It's my goal to show that it's entirely possible, and, in the process, prove the naysayers wrong.

Posted by carnzee 2017-07-16 16:38:02

You are amazing, CT! 

A couple weeks ago I snatched a ticket for October 5, for 169, all thanks to your tip.

I went ahead and grabbed it, even though I'm not 100% sure I can make it. But if not I will do what ivy did and sell it and make someone's day. But I think I will be able to make it.

Thanks again.

Posted by QueenTwinnied 2017-07-16 17:21:12

This thread has given me hope that I'll be able to see DEH lol. I'm seeing some fantastic shows during my visit but being able to see DEH would be the cherry on top. 

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-16 18:37:50

QueenTwinnied said: "This thread has given me hope that I'll be able to see DEH lol. I'm seeing some fantastic shows during my visit but being able to see DEH would be the cherry on top. 

"

Me too! When I first started listening to DEH I was sure I'd never be able to see it, at least not with the original cast, but I'm so glad I found this thread!

Posted by JustAnotherNewYorker 2017-07-17 15:21:02

This morning I was searching and happened to get front [but side] orchestra for the Wednesday Matinee for this week. It may average 4 or 5 days and in the afternoon, but they do seem to occasionally have seats appear almost at random.

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-17 15:55:54

Friday 7/21 tickets have been released. On Telecharge now!

Posted by Weimon Chi 2017-07-17 16:03:52

Got two tickets for Friday thanks to all your advice!

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-17 16:08:35

I'm hoping they release tix for next week too, since I'm on vacation this whole week

Posted by poisonivy2 2017-07-18 15:48:38

There's a non premium seat for this Saturday's Hello Dolly! (7/22) on telecharge right now. Orchestra S23.

Posted by brenway 2017-07-18 16:04:02

Saturday evening show tickets are available!

Posted by poisonivy2 2017-07-18 16:14:10

I only saw matinee seats. Too bad I'm going to Waitress this Saturday. Oh well.

Posted by brenway 2017-07-18 16:31:01

there were (at one point) three sets of two mezz tickets.

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-18 16:46:00

It's great to see them releasing those mezzanine seats. They've all been great choices.

Posted by lm121362 2017-07-18 18:40:10

On Tuesday 7/18 at 6:30 pm there were about 20 people in line for cancellation tickets. The first arrived at 8am. Only 2 cancellation tickets were given out.

Posted by bork2 2017-07-18 19:56:08

Thanks to the advice from this board, I was just able to secure a premium seat to this Saturday's show in row G.  Now I better hope my flight doesn't land late.

Posted by DRSisLove 2017-07-18 20:36:44

I have 2 tickets I am looking to sell on October 10 at 7 PM. Seats are in the third row side mezzanine (C7 and C9). Had purchased them because my parents were going to be in town, but now they cannot come. I'm still going, though. Tickets were $300 each with fees. Just looking to get back what I put in. Can email you the tickets once we've done payment. Message me if interested!

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-18 21:17:14

bork2 said: "Thanks to the advice from this board, I was just able to secure a premium seat to this Saturday's show in row G.  Now I better hope my flight doesn't land late.

If you don't mind my asking, how much was that ticket? $425 + fees? 

Posted by lm121362 2017-07-19 10:13:41

At 7:20 there were 5 in line for cancellation on Wednesday, with the first people arriving at 5:30, 5:45, 6:45, and 7:20 respectively. By 9 am there were 10 in line. When the box office opened, there were a few $199 tickets for Saturday, which some people bought.

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-19 10:15:18

lm121362 said: "At 7:20 there were 5 in line for cancellation on Wednesday, with the first people arriving at 5:30, 5:45, 6:45, and 7:20 respectively. By 9 am there were 10 in line. When the box office opened, there were a few $199 tickets for Saturday, which some people bought.

"

What time does the box office open?

Posted by lwille 2017-07-19 11:21:59

Posted by lm121362 2017-07-19 11:52:31

Box office opens at 10.

They just informed us that Ben is out for true matinee performance for today.

Posted by VotePeron 2017-07-19 11:53:54

^ His second show back from vacation? Methinks an full time alternate schedule may be in the works...

Posted by JustAnotherNewYorker 2017-07-19 11:56:14

lm121362 said: "Box office opens at 10.

"

Seriously? Right after he's back?

Hmmm, will they do refunds? I have a ticket for today matinee, but am not happy about an understudy at the prices DEH charges. If I want to see it with someone other than Ben, I can always buy for January...

Posted by yaoqian 2017-07-19 12:11:04

lm121362 said: "Box office opens at 10.

"

I was at yesterday night's performance and Ben looked like he is slightly sick. He was coughing and using tissues on stage. I don't know if the cough was just "regular" coughing as one would say or a cold, but I would understand if he took the matinee off. He also didn't come out stage door (i didn't wait, my friend did though) and considering he usually comes out on special occasions (last show before break etc) I'm assuming he's not feeling well.

Posted by bork2 2017-07-19 12:34:50

CT2NYC said: "bork2 said: "Thanks to the advice from this board, I was just able to secure a premium seat to this Saturday's show in row G.  Now I better hope my flight doesn't land late.

"

Yes, it was expensive.  $464 after taxes and fees.  But I wanted to see the original cast and I will only have one night free to see it.  Plus, I won't arrive early enough to wait in the cancellation line.  So it was worth it to me to guarantee a good seat.

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-19 12:45:02

bork2 said: "CT2NYC said: "bork2 said: "Thanks to the advice from this board, I was just able to secure a premium seat to this Saturday's show in row G.  Now I better hope my flight doesn't land late.

"

Yes, it was expensive.  $464 after taxes and fees.  But I wanted to see the original cast and I will only have one night free to see it.  Plus, I won't arrive early enough to wait in the cancellation line.  So it was worth it to me to guarantee a good seat.

No explanation necessary, I was just curious. Enjoy it!

Posted by lm121362 2017-07-19 12:55:50

They have given out SEVERAL cancellation tickets today (at least 15) after Ben called out sick. People who joined they line as late as 12 have gotten tickets. I am crossing my fingers that he will be back in the evening.

Posted by JustAnotherNewYorker 2017-07-19 13:01:14

lm121362 said: "They have given out SEVERAL cancellation tickets today (at least 15) after Ben called out sick. People who joined they line as late as 12 have gotten tickets. I am crossing my fingers that he will be back in the evening"

So how does one cancel if one has tickets?

I'm a teacher. I see lots of shows, but on a tight budget. It's rare for me to pay full price for seats. I bought for today to see Ben in the role, so can't justify the cost if he's not in

Posted by adk31 2017-07-19 13:14:34

Ugh...that makes me so nervous! I'm flying out from Michigan to see next week's matinee. It's a huge splurge that I'm doing to reward myself for finishing grad school. I already have a flight and I REALLY want to see Ben. surprise

Posted by yaoqian 2017-07-19 13:15:15

JustAnotherNewYorker said: "lm121362 said: "They have given out SEVERAL cancellation tickets today (at least 15) after Ben called out sick. People who joined they line as late as 12 have gotten tickets. I am crossing my fingers that he will be back in the evening"

I'm a teacher. I see lots of shows, but on a tight budget. It's rare for me to pay full price for seats. I bought for today to see Ben in the role, so can't justify the cost if he's not in

"

Try going to the box office or calling telecharge (however you purchased your ticket) and explain the situation, maybe they can allow you to change this ticket to another date/refund! Good luck!

Posted by adk31 2017-07-19 13:16:16

I absolutely get that illnesses happen and there are no guarantees, but I'll be super disappointed if an alternate schedule gets announced one week from the date I was supposed to go see.

Posted by JustAnotherNewYorker 2017-07-19 13:30:12

yaoqian said: "JustAnotherNewYorker said: "lm121362 said: "They have given out SEVERAL cancellation tickets today (at least 15) after Ben called out sick. People who joined they line as late as 12 have gotten tickets. I am crossing my fingers that he will be back in the evening"

"

Try going to the box office or calling telecharge (however you purchased your ticket) and explain the situation, maybe they can allow you to change this ticket to another date/refund! Good luck"

The box office refunded me (I have to look, but think I lost the telecharge fees-nope. Just checked. Got a full refund). No alternative availability despite the dribble of tickets to telecharge (I think handling the waitlist would be too difficult). I'll have to keep refreshing the page I guess.

There was a line outside for cancellations. One of the staff thought he'd be out tonight given the severity of his cough and voice deterioration last night, but nothing official yet

Disappointed

Posted by lm121362 2017-07-19 14:03:49

People who jumped in the cancellation line as late as. 20 minutes til were able to get tickets ($199). I held out until 15 min before and there was a $109 ticket offered, so I took it (very last seat in the house in the left aisle mezzanine). So if you want to see the show, regardless of Ben, days he is out may be the good choice.

Posted by yaoqian 2017-07-19 14:21:34

JustAnotherNewYorker said: 

The box office refunded me (I have to look, but think I lost the telecharge fees-nope. Just checked. Got a full refund). No alternative availability despite the dribble of tickets to telecharge (I think handling the waitlist would be too difficult). I'll have to keep refreshing the page I guess.

There was a line outside for cancellations. One of the staff thought he'd be out tonight given the severity of his cough and voice deterioration last night, but nothing official yet

Disappointed

"

Hmm, I also have tickets for tomorrow and I wonder if he'll still be out! I would love to see either Colton or Michael but I'm bringing my mother tomorrow and the only person she wants to see is Ben. If he's out tomorrow then I might have to return one ticket and go alone! Let's see what happens. And hope you get to see the show soon! I'm sure you'll be able to get tickets another time.

Posted by JustAnotherNewYorker 2017-07-19 14:37:05

The problem for me is that once the school year starts, I have no time. I'm not confident I'll get to see Ben in the role.

I'll keep trying, though

Michael was in today, btw

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-19 14:49:40

Several $149 mezzanine seats are now available on Telecharge for Wednesday, 9/20, at 2:00 p.m. 

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-19 15:13:11

CT2NYC said: "Several $149 mezzanine seats are now available on Telecharge for Wednesday, 9/20, at 2:00 p.m. 

UPDATE: Looks like they're all gone, folks. Hopefully, some of you were able to get 'em!

Posted by 10086Sundays 2017-07-19 16:26:27

Ben wasn't the only one out, here's a picture of the understudy board:

Michael Lee Brown was Evan

Garrett Long was Heidi

Colton Ryan was Jared.

Posted by saran95 2017-07-19 19:14:10

Hello! I am planning on trying to see the show tomorrow. I would really like to see it with Ben if I am going to wait on a cancellation line for hours. Would someone be able to confirm if he is in tonight/will be in tomorrow? 

Thanks!

Posted by GetmetoBroadway 2017-07-19 20:12:41

Hi, I'm just wondering if I line up at box office at 8am this Saturday for an evening ticket ( not matinee) to DEH will they have only matinee tickets or both? I'm planning on leaving after I get to box office ( just after 10) because I am going to come from away for the matinee that day! Thanks!

Posted by lm121362 2017-07-20 23:58:24

Ben went on for the Wednesday evening show and the Thursday evening show. The first person arrived today at 6:30. The third person arrived at 9:30. At 10:15 there were 5 people in line.

Posted by Melanie73 2017-07-21 12:45:13

Does anyone here happen to know how often unclaimed SRO tickets end up getting sold to the cancellation line? Thanks so much!

Posted by yaoqian 2017-07-21 13:24:25

It honestly depends. I think the music box has a rather smaller amount of sro available (I believe there's 8.) Usually I'd say they're all claimed especially if Ben is on, but I've seen 2, I've seen 4, or even more.

Posted by Burgcenafan 2017-07-21 17:09:20

Has there been any telecharge tickets in the last few days?

Posted by JustAnotherNewYorker 2017-07-21 18:54:45

Iirc, on Monday or Tuesday some Saturday tickets appeared

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-21 19:33:39

tickets for wednesday oct 11 were just released, some of them were like $150 each!

Posted by AnastasiaDEH 2017-07-21 20:02:46

Yes! I've just grabbed a ticket for October 11th (matinee) - Mezzanine row E for just $189!

I couldn't afford premium prices so I've been entering every day, non-stop, since I knew the exact date I was going to be in NY and finally today it was worth it, and I have my ticket :) So just keep entering because it's just luck I guess (I think there are still a few, if you are quick)

Posted by katiegreentree 2017-07-21 23:48:01

Anyone have any info on how long people are waiting in the cancellation line before they get tickets, about what time they're giving them out, if they normally have some when the box office opens, etc.?

Posted by broadwaykayla0826 2017-07-22 11:25:17

I've heard of some people getting there (at the earliest) anywhere between 6-8 am

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-22 11:26:23

Tickets for 2  pm Wednesday 7/26 just released 

Posted by JustAnotherNewYorker 2017-07-22 11:32:04

Yep--just got some--trying again this week to see Ben in the role

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-22 11:35:09

If anyone happens to see tickets being released on telecharge for next friday 7/28 please let me know because thats the 1 day I can go to nyc! :)

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-22 11:43:22

Maryg13 said: "If anyone happens to see tickets being released on telecharge for next friday 7/28 please let me know because thats the 1 day I can go to nyc!"

It looks like you've been on top of things, Mary, but, if the normal release pattern holds up, Monday should be your day to check. Yesterday's tickets were released last Monday between 3:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. 

Posted by karissa3 2017-07-22 11:57:07

Melanie73 said: "Does anyone here happen to know how often unclaimed SRO tickets end up getting sold to the cancellation line? Thanks so much!

"

This is exactly what I've been wondering!! I wonder how likely it is to stand in the cancellation line and get SRO. I might give it a shot. 

Posted by JustAnotherNewYorker 2017-07-22 12:04:15

There's a ton of October 25th (wed) Matinee up now--as in multiple rows in the Mezz

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-22 13:01:59

Yep, there's still a ton of tix right now for mezzanine Oct 25!

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-22 13:05:17

CT2NYC said: "Maryg13 said: "If anyone happens to see tickets being released on telecharge for next friday 7/28 please let me know because thats the 1 day I can go to nyc!"

It looks like you've been on top of things, Mary, but, if the normal release pattern holds up, Monday should be your day to check. Yesterday's tickets were released last Monday between 3:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. 

"

Thanks, I'll definitely check on Monday !

Posted by poisonivy2 2017-07-22 18:57:47

Wow thanks to this thread I was able to snatch up an Oct 25 ticket. If I can't go I;m sure tons of people will want to go. I love this thread!

Posted by JustAnotherNewYorker 2017-07-22 19:35:20

It's been 7 and a half hours and there are still seats left

I guess Wednesday Matinee is the main reason it hasn't sold out. Still, if people want to see it, good opportunity.

Posted by Melanie73 2017-07-22 22:54:44

I saw the messages about 25 October about 8 hours after they were posted, so I was a bit bummed that I missed them, but I decided to check Telecharge anyway.  Managed to still snatch some up, and there were even a few left afterward as well!  Thank you so much to you guys; you're awesome!

(I wonder why there were so many seats open for that one performance randomly; but I'm not going to question it!  Hahaha.)

Posted by CT2NYC 2017-07-22 23:02:58

It's funny how Broadway World has an article today about how to get tickets to sold out shows, yet they fail to mention their own message boards. The ticketing tips on these threads are priceless.

Posted by poisonivy2 2017-07-22 23:03:57

Melanie73 said: "I saw the messages about 25 October about 8 hours after they were posted, so I was a bit bummed that I missed them, but I decided to check Telecharge anyway.  Managed to still snatch some up, and there were even a few left afterward as well!  Thank you so much to you guys; you're awesome!

(I wonder why there were so many seats open for that one performance randomly; but I'm not going to question it!  Hahaha.)

"

often a big group cancellation. Like a school trip or something.

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-24 14:49:34

tickets for friday 7/28 just released!

Posted by Maryg13 2017-07-24 14:53:53

Maryg13 said: "tickets for friday 7/28 just released!

"

seems like there were only two tickets, at least when i checked- and I think they're gone now.

Posted by tiramisu_girl 2017-07-24 18:13:02

There are five premium tickets (299 and up) available for tomorrow (Jul 25) night.