Photo Coverage: 2010 BC/EFA Flea Market!
Theatre and TV stars came out to support Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS at the 24TH ANNUAL Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction yesterday, September 26!
BroadwayWorld.com was there as always, for official photo coverage and streaming live video throughout the day including the grand auction and more! The event was held outdoors in Shubert Alley and was free and open to the public. From posing with your favorite Broadway and Daytime stars for photos, to buying that lost cast recording, signed show posters and Playbills, rare costume sketches or special gift for a theatre-lover you can't find anywhere - Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction offered something for everyone.
The Grand Auction has always been the highlight of the Flea Market event and this year did not disappoint.
A sampling of the lots up for bidding included:
· Attend the opening nights on Broadway for La Bête, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, The Importance of Being Earnest, Elling, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, Driving Miss Daisy, The Scottsboro Boys and Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.
· "Soon" musical phrase from A Little Night Music, handwritten and signed by Stephen Sondheim
· Attend the impossible-to-get-tickets-to opening night party for the Signature Theatre's revival of Angels in America and take in Part 1 & 2 in one day on a subsequent date.
· Musical Phrases from American Idiot handwritten and signed by Billy Joe Amrstrong.
· Ozian Backstage Experience - From wardrobe call to final curtain, experience the various backstage workings of this blockbuster musical during an actual performance of Wicked.
· Set visits at "NCIS" and "Modern Family" in Los Angeles.
· A package to go to Las Vegas and see a Cirque du Solei show.
· A poster from Susan Sarandon's Exit The King dressing room that was signed by over 50 celebrities who visited her backstage during the show's run.
· Autographed items from celebs such as Antonio Banderas, Corbin Bleu, Carol Channing,Kristin Chenoweth, Gavin Creel, Raul Esparza, Green Day, Marvin Hamlisch, Angela Lansbury,Liza Minnelli, Bernadette Peters, Daniel Radcliffe, Vanessa Redgrave, Lynn Redgrave, Stephen Sondheim, John Stamos, Meryl Streep, Kevin Spacey, Barbra Streisand, ElizaBeth Taylor,Doris Eaton Travis, Vanessa Williams and many more.
Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS is one of the nation's leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organizations. By drawing upon the talents, resources and generosity of the American theatre community, since 1988 BC/EFA has raised over $175 million for essential services for people with AIDS and other critical illnesses across the United States.
BC/EFA awards annual grants to more than 400 AIDS and family service organizations nationwide and is the major supporter of seven programs at The Actors Fund including The AIDS Initiative, The Phyllis Newman Women's Health Initiative, The Al Hirschfeld Free Health Clinic, The Dancers' Resource and three supportive housing residences.
The Broadway Flea Market is sponsored by Continental Airlines, the official airline of BC/EFA,
The New York Times, Junior's, Discovery Times Square Exposition, A&E Television Networks, and Times Square Alliance. For more information, visit http://www.broadwaycares.org.
Food for the event was generously provided by Tony di Napoli's Times Square.
CLICK HERE to view photo coverage of the celebrity tables!
Photo Credit: Linda Lenzi
Backstage Access Auction Winners Marlene Jansen and Kathy Inch
Austin Peck and Terri Colombino
next to normal Table
Stage Managers' Association Table
BC/EFA Snow Globe Table
BC/EFA Merchandise Table
Cirque du Soleil Table
Broadway Bares Table
The Lion King Table
Million Dollar Quartet Table
Lincoln Center Theater Table
American Idiot Table
Creative Goods Merchandise Table
Paper Mill Playhouse Table
The Actors Fund Table
Mary Poppins Table
The Phantom of the Opera Table
Dancers Over 40 Table
The Broadway Workshop Table
Broadway green alliance Table
Revolution Latina Table
La Cage Table
West Side Story Table
Billy Elliot Table
Rock of Ages Table
The Manhattan Association of Cabarets & Clubs (MAC) Table
NYC Agents Table