Oh, What a Trailer! 5 Reasons We Already Love the JERSEY BOYS Movie!
Clint Eastwood's big screen version of the Tony Award-winning musical Jersey Boys tells the story of the four young men from the wrong side of the tracks in New Jersey who came together to form the iconic '60s rock group The Four Seasons. Their trials and triumphs are accompanied by the hit songs that influenced a generation, and are now being embraced by a new generation of fans through the stage musical.
The trailer for the upcoming film adaptation was released yesterday, and below, BroadwayWorld shares five reasons that the trailer is making us freak out over the film's June 20th release! Watch the trailer for yourself and check out our favorite parts below!
5. Any music group knows the road to success is long, and the Four Seasons didn't have it easy at first. The trailer gives us a glimpse into the group's early years, before 'Sherry' skyrocketed them to fame.
4. The musical is narrated by each of the Four Seasons in turn; likewise, it appears as though the movie features narration from each of the singers, too. It's a glimpse into each member's perspective of what really happened behind the scenes.
3. It's no secret that the Four Seasons had their fair share of backstage drama - and the trailer previews what makes each singer tick. From changing loyalties to marriage troubles and legal problems, the film is sure to explore the tumultuous behind the scenes story of the legendary group.
2. This cast sounds amazing! Vincent Piazza (Tommy DeVito), John Lloyd Young (Frankie Valli), Erich Bergen (Bob Gaudio), and Michael Lomenda (Nick Massi) have risen to the challenge of playing internationally-known vocalists with talent to spare.
1. We get a glimpse at the Four Seasons when they were at the height of their fame - and when a group of four singers from New Jersey made their dream come true. Have we mentioned that we can't wait for this movie?!
From This Author Hilary Kelly