Comscore

Palladium shows line up?

AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 01:39pm
Shows expected at the Palladium over the Autumn.... don't get too excited...

SInatra tribute
Scrooge!
Riverdance
Comedian one off nights or week runs

Talk of West Side Story coming in off tour (that show is also looking at 10 weeks at Dominion) and Starlight or Cats tour doing a run...
jaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 03:23pm
The same Sinatra thing in the news section that's going to Blackpool?
Pharoah
Swing
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 08:07pm
Is White Christmas still lined up for the Dominion?
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/19/14 at 08:29pm
I'm surprised RUG wasn't able to secure names for limited runs at the Palladium, they must be desperate for Scrooge to return.

West Side Story would do decently for a limited run, guess they've to wait for the next big family show to come in within the next year or two.
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/20/14 at 02:52am
White Christmas is being lined up for Dominion, London Palladium would have been a better fit but ALW has history with the show and blocks it coming in, the show has tried multiple times to come in. Maybe it will happen but I would expect it and I hear Dominion is signed for the show now.

RUG are trying to tempt Aladdin to come in for Spring/Summer 2015, Disney were planning more 2016 for the show...Back to the Future could be a possibility as Disney would perfer the Drury Lane for Aladdin and the chocolate is starting to melt for Charlie, the show is playing to bad houses midweek and not sell outs at the weekend...
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/20/14 at 07:10am
I take it the White Christmas going into the Dominion would be the same one that played Manchester Lowry Centre a couple years back.
All a bit puzzling why he plug got pulled on I Can't Sing, it must of being doing horrendous box office, as nothing has been even contemplated to go in, still very desperate to get Scrooge in, although that should sell out the first seven rows of the stalls out.
IMO I would think they would be better off doing a winter special with getting Hairspray back, possibly with Michael Ball or stunt cast with other big names, like you could get someone from a teen band to play Link, could see this working, at least this will sell-out the first seven rows of the dress circle as well.

The Sheffield theatre superb production of My Fair Lady would of been excellent here.

West Side Story would do a brisk trade, however the show has had 2 big runs at Sadler Wells, could hamper trade. Could be if successful waiting for a transfer from the inaugural ENO Coliseum season. They do a decent King and I, Showboat or Oklahoma with a decent name, now that could be up for consideration and would sell out the first seven rows of.........

Have I missed any out? Anything but Scrooge, LOL.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot***** Seminar*** Damn Yankees*** Teh Internet Is Serious Business***
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/20/14 at 11:26am
I think the London Palladium would be ideal for Aladdin although I can see Disney would want the Drury Lane given its capacity and stage size. Didn't Aida almost go there at one point?

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/20/14 at 11:52am
Not sure about Aida and Drury Lane, I know from this board that it nearly went into the Savoy theatre.

Aladdin would be good if it does come over and bare in mind that Aida didn't come over, one of the biggest and successful shows not come over to the West End, ad yet, I say ad yet as it still could come in, I think if it did, it would do well.

I here from another board that Wicked is starting to struggle and never sells out now?
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot***** Seminar*** Damn Yankees*** Teh Internet Is Serious Business***
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/20/14 at 12:15pm
I think Aladdin will likely have productions internationally even if doesn't come to the West End. Tarzan was a flop on Broadway but became hugely successful in the Netherlands and is still running in Germany.

Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/20/14 at 12:15pm
I think Aladdin will likely have productions internationally even if doesn't come to the West End. Tarzan was a flop on Broadway but became hugely successful in the Netherlands and is still running in Germany.

Blethering Scot
Understudy
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/20/14 at 02:44pm
Charlie is doing ok, just ok but its not exactly under threat through its midweek sales. Was there two saturdays ago and it was a sell out.

Updated On: 5/20/14 at 02:44 PM
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/29/14 at 01:47pm
Aida was meant to go to New London after Cats but it backed out and Joseph went in at the last minute.

Charlie has fallen very quickly. Rumour is it may not be here next year unless they go down a Chitty route and start doing some stunt casting and revising prices to fill that big theatre.

Updated On: 5/30/14 at 01:47 PM
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Palladium shows line up?
Posted: 5/29/14 at 07:03pm
Not sure how Charlie could stunt cast, Wonka would be too demanding so I think either the grandparents or one of the parents.

Message Board

Kerry Ellis in CATS? 1 Posts
Imelda Staunton Gypsy 25 Posts

BWW BLOGS

Advertisement Advertisement