Click Here

American Psycho West End transfer

bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/10/14 at 04:51pm
Duncan Sheik has confirmed in an interview that it is planned to transfer American Psycho to the West End "in the Fall". I loved the show at the Almeida so am really looking forward to seeing it at a West End house.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Duncan-Sheik-Confirms-West-End-AMERICAN-PSYCHO-Premieres-New-Song-20140210
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol***** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand***** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert***** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends**** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good -When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!*****. Zanna, Don't!***** West End Fest***** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time***** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen***** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway****
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/10/14 at 05:33pm
Thank the lord! One step closer to a cast recording!
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
Demitri2
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/10/14 at 05:54pm
First the announcement of a cast recording of FROM HERE TO ETERNITY and now word of a transfer of AMERICAN PSYCHO to the West End. Keep the good news coming. With Duncan Shiek as composer I would think a cast album is almost guaranteed. Especially with the positive reviews it received at the Almeida. Very excited.
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/10/14 at 08:23pm
When he said "I'm looking forward to working with (Matt Smith) again..." that suggests that Matt Smith will be leading the production into the West End.

I imagine this would mean only a limited run, or a limited contract for Smith. Needless to say, I hope he does lead it, because I find it hard to imagine anyone portraying Bateman in such a way that he did. He just suited the piece perfectly, and of course, the role.
THEATRE 2014: Strangers on a Train ***1/2; From Here to Eternity **; Stephen Ward *****; The Wolves of Willoughby Chase (Progress Theatre, Reading) **; American Psycho ****; Putting it Together *****; West Side Story (UK Tour, Bristol) ***1/2; Bold Girls (Progress Theatre, Reading) ***; Blithe Spirit ****; The Magic Flute (RWCMD) ***; Stephen Ward *****; Secret Cinema: The Grand Budapest Hotel *****; Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour Wimbledon) ****; The Lion King ****; Arcadia (Bristol Tobacco Factory) ****; The Weir *****; Good People ***; Other Desert Cities *****; Dirty Rotten Scoundrels ***; Urinetown *****; The Testament of Mary ***; Other Desert Cities *****; Miss Saigon ****; King Charles III *; Not About Heroes (Progress Theatre, Reading) **; In the Heights *****; London Road (Bristol Old Vic) ****; God of Carnage (Progress Theatre, Reading) **; The Hills of Tomorrow (Cardiff RepCo) ****; Mr. Burns ****; Love Labour's Lost...and Won (Reading Open Air Theatre) ***** NEW YORK, JULY 2014: Pippin, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder, Cabaret, If/Then
ukpuppetboy
Stand-by
Posted: 2/10/14 at 09:08pm
CATSNY - I really wouldn't waste too much of your time wishing for a cast recording if I were you. With the exception of the interesting rearrangements of existing pop classics the music was forgettable, and in some cases it was hard to forget it fast enough. Maybe I am in a minority but it was a "curiosity production" and I really fail to see how or why it would succeed outside of the bubble of The Almeida. Total fluff and novelty and lacking any of the originality or passion of Spring Awakening.
mjohnson2
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/10/14 at 09:47pm
I think that is the point of the book/movie/musical. This man is so superficial; everything in his life is forgettable. He always strives for perfection, but in reality perfection is so forgettable, which is why he turns towards murder.
You taste the silver Sara, you taste the crown, you thirst for blood from the roses in hand, oh you spoil for sash and scepter doing a dance, as they crown you queen of High School Land.
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Posted: 5/20/14 at 04:40pm
Has the transfer been cancelled now that Matt Smith has been cast in the Terminator movies?
Blethering Scot
Understudy
Posted: 5/21/14 at 01:59pm
Would suggest watching out for announcements from the playhouse theatre after 1984 closes in August.
StayStayAndLoveMe
Swing
Posted: 7/14/14 at 01:20pm
Saw today that Second Stage in NY has announced a run for Feb next year. Any chance they are still planning to do a West End transfer for the fall?

We will be in London on holiday in October and I am hoping to catch this show (hopefully with Matt Smith). Thanks for any updates!
American Psycho at Second Stage
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/14/14 at 02:00pm
I would bet this news means that a West End transfer is off.

Message Board

Book of Mormon Run 9 Posts

BWW BLOGS