Liz Callaway

ggersten
Broadway Legend
Liz Callaway
Posted: 1/29/14 at 05:31pm
Did anybody here see he Tuesday or Wednesday shows at Crazy Coqs? If so, care to share information? We are going tomorrow (Thursday).
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Liz Callaway
Posted: 1/30/14 at 05:45pm
What a great show by a great artist. And a great venue. Very cozy. And Ms. Callaway mingles after the show chatting with people and signing CDs (which are for sale - but I already own two of them).

So, I didn't take notes of the song list in order but sort of something like this
Something's Coming
You Don't Own Me
Make Someone Happy/Something Wonderful
Meadowlark
What More Do I Need (I'd never heard this Sondheim song before)
Since You Stayed Here from off-broadway show Brownstone (Never heard this before - it was very touching)
Losing My Mind
Jet Plane
Jimmy Webb mashup - Macarthur Park
Song from Most Happy Fella
Journey To The Past
A Sondheim Parody song - very very funny
People (complete with tales of being Barbra Streisand's "stand in")
Memory
and Our Story Goes On from Baby as the encore.

I think Friday and Saturday are sold out, but there is a late show added for Saturday night.

Ms. Callaway is a very assured performer as you would expect. Unlike the first night where Elaine Page reportedly was in the audience, I don't know if there were any West End performers there tonite.

Oh, yes, Ms. Callaway's accompanist and musical director Alex Rybeck, is incredibly skilled and wonderful!

Updated On: 1/31/14 at 05:45 PM
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Liz Callaway
Posted: 1/30/14 at 05:56pm
Photographic proof of Ms. Page and Ms. Callaway together.
Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Liz Callaway
Posted: 2/1/14 at 03:20am
Saw Liz Callaway last night - 90 minutes of sheer bliss. Without question one of the great vocal talents of her generation - or even any generation! Really suffered with my back during and after the show because of the appalling seating but was worth every bit of the pain to enjoy the genuine privilege of listening to her stunning voice delivering such an eclectic mix of songs. One of the most magical nights out I have ever experienced.
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch****

Message Board

wicked plot help 8 Posts
Kindly suggest a play 1 Posts

BWW BLOGS