GRACE NOTES amongst finalists of Leicester Square Theatre's New Musicals Project

bob8rich
Broadway Legend
I'm delighted to be able to announce that the new musical GRACE NOTES (by Christopher J. Orton and myself) has been selected as one of the finalists in the Leicester Square Theatre's New Musicals Project - a project to find a new one act musical to stage at the theatre during 2014. All 6 finalist shows will receive a professional rehearsed reading at the Leicester Square Theatre Lounge in January/February.

Full details here:
BWW: Leicester Square Theatre New Musical Project
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch****
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
That's wonderful!! Congratulations, Bob. :)
bob8rich
Broadway Legend

Thanks, thespian geek! Btw, here's a brief description of "Grace Notes":

“Grace Notes” is a musical love story that begins during the racial tension of late 60s USA and ends in the early 80s. Sam is a white songwriter who finds it hard to place love before his inner need to succeed and Grace is a highly talented black singer, whose only “weakness” is her unwavering love for Sam. They meet three times, fall in love three times and break up three times. “Grace Notes” are a musical adornment ­ and that is how Sam treats Grace until she finally finds the strength to break from him for good.

And there are some demo videos of 3 songs from the show here:

http://gracenotesthemusical.webs.com/apps/videos/channels/show/309850-grace-notes-videos

THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch****
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
The rehearsed reading of GRACE NOTES will be at the Leicester Square Theatre Lounge on the afternoon of Sunday February 2. There will be a limited number of tickets available, which will go on sale tomorrow (Dec 13) at 10am - in case anyone may be interested in coming along.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Delighted to reveal that the lead roles of Grace and Sam in the "Grace Notes" reading will be played by Candace Furbert (The Book Of Mormon) and John Addison (The Thing About Men, Me And Juliet, The Phantom Of The Opera, Les Miserables, A Little Night Music).

There are still a few tickets left for the reading (at 4pm on Sunday Feb 2). Would be great to see some people from the Board there supporting new writing.
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Wish I could go, Bob, but I wish you all the luck in the world with it!!!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Thanks, thespiangeek!

The role of JERRY in the Grace Notes reading will be played by Eddie Elliott (We Will Rock You, The Lion King). So we have a fantastic three handed cast. Hope some of you from the Board can make it.

Btw the event now has a Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/260209050812735/
bob8rich
Broadway Legend

Message Board

Buyer and Cellar 1 Posts

BWW BLOGS