Sophiya Haque

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sophiya Haque#1
Posted: 1/19/13 at 11:55pm
I feel awkward doing this thread, but it is very right a thread is done.

When someone passes on, I normally and hope to say that person went on and led a very full life or had a good innings, but when they are young and have more to give that is a different matter.

I saw Private on Parade on New Years Eve and in the programme there was one of those white slip of papers, which seemed very strange for a limited run, at the time I had no realisation that a young actress was battling for her life and lost her battle this week.

When some leave this world, who endeavors and more often succeed to make our world so very beautiful, it is beyond sad especially when it is way before their time.

I wish the family, friends, cast and creative my deepest sympathy.
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Sophiya Haque#2
Posted: 1/20/13 at 11:25am
Well put Pahntom. I heard the news Thursday night and had booked tickets for Saturday. At times during the show (which is wonderful) I kept remembering what had happened. Terribly sad. Cannot imagine what the company felt but thought the statement Grandage made on their behalf was good.

Overall so sad for such a young woman who was so talented also.
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
dgjbear
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Sophiya Haque#2
Posted: 2/5/13 at 6:11am
I was at the show on Saturday and wondered why the understudy was on. I had no idea. RIP
Stewart A
Stand-by
Stand-by
Sophiya Haque#3
Posted: 2/5/13 at 12:55pm
I saw the show on 22nd December and Sophiya was performing that night and she looked and seemed well and gave a first class performance. So I was stunned when I read last week that Sophiya had died, especially at such a young age and short illness. It is extremely sad for her family and it must have been hard for the rest of the cast to perform when this happened.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Save $$$ on Tickets to:
🔀DENVER SHOWS
Aida in DenverAida
(Runs 7/30 - 8/2) PHOTOS
Once Upon a Mattress
(Runs 7/18 - 8/2)
La Cage Aux Folles
(Runs 7/3 - 8/9)
Cabaret
(Runs 6/24 - 8/15)
Junie B. Jones