NOW PLAYING: The Edge Theater Presents A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE thru 6/3
The Edge Theater Company presents the recent Broadway smash of A VIEW FROM A BRIDGE by Arthur Miller, directed by Angela Astle. Classified by critics as a modern tragedy, A VIEW FROM A BRIDGE focuses on the strengths and imperfections of the domestic world of middle-class individuals. Taking place in an Italian-American neighborhood near the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City in the 1950s, this play is a love story gone wrong.
Eddie Carbone, an Italian-American longshoreman, lives in Red Hook, Brooklyn, with his wife, Beatrice and his niece, Catherine. He is a pillar in the community who is devoted to and protective of his family. After his wife's cousins, Marco and Rodolpho, arrive in America illegally to escape the poverty of Sicily, Eddie's troubles begin. As Rodolpho and Catherine fall in love, Eddie's adoration for his niece is no longer touching as it turns into obsession. Eddie becomes increasingly terrifying as his love and loyalty for his niece is challenged by his wife and the cousins. Eddie works adamantly to retain his community authority and defend his reputation.
This production will be performed for the first time in the round at The Edge as the theatre is transformed into Red Hook, Brooklyn, 1955. Our second weekend of “A View From the Bridge” kicks off our celebration of Italian American Immigrants. Beginning May 10, before every performance, The Edge will be selecting 2 families to honor. Please bring a photo and a brief paragraph about your family’s story. Did they come to America for a better life, to be with other family members already here, to make money, or all of the above? What does your family do? Do they run a shop, provide a service, or take care of grandchildren? Whatever it is, we want you to bring your family story with you to The Edge and we will share it with our audience before every performance during the run.
In addition, we will be honoring all Italian-American Immigrants on the 2nd weekend of the run. Bring a picture and brief story about your family history and we will honor your family before each performance with a brief introduction about what brought them to America. Contact email@example.com for more info about this event.
The Edge Theater Company Executive and Artistic Director Rick Yaconis is committed to producing high quality theatre productions and other special entertainment events. The Edge Theatre Company received a 2011 Marlowe Award for its production of "Some Girl(s)”.
The Edge Theater Company presents A VIEW FROM A BRIDGE playing now through June 3rd with performances on Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 p.m. and Sundays at 6:00 p.m. (No performance on May 20) and an Industry Night on Monday, May 14 at 8:00 p.m. For tickets or more information, contact the box office by calling 303-232-0363 or online at www.theedgetheater.com. The Edge Theater is located at 9797 W. Colfax Avenue in Lakewood, CO.
Photo Credit: Rachel Graham
- BWW Reviews: The Colorado Ballet Presents an Enchanting Performance in the Classic Fairy tale, CINDERELLA!
- BWW Reviews: The Arvada Center Presents a Solid Yet Tepid Suspense in Agatha Christie's THE MOUSETRAP
- BWW Reviews: Town Hall Presents the Comedy BOEING-BOEING, Amusing but Never Achieves Hilarity
- BWW Reviews: Denver Center Presents an Instant Comedic Smash Hit with THE LEGEND OF GEORGIA MCBRIDE
- BWW Reviews: Curious Theatre Raises the Bar with Their Haunting Masterpiece, THE WHIPPING MAN
- BWW Interview: Denver Center's Matt McGrath on Making GEORGIA MCBRIDE a Legend!
- BWW Reviews: A Surprising Lackluster and Out of Sync National Revival of EVITA at the Denver Center
- BWW Reviews: Boulder's Dinner Theater Creates Hilarious, Medieval Magic with Monty Python's SPAMALOT!
- BWW Reviews: Vintage Theatre Has a Monstrous, Hilarious Hit with YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, The Musical!
- BWW Reviews: Ignite Theatre Presents a Solid Show and Passionate Performances in AIDA!