NOW PLAYING: Cherry Creek Theatre Presents VISITING MR. GREEN thru 10/28
Cherry Creek Theatre presents VISITING Mr. Green playing now through October 28th in Cherry Creek, CO. Mr. Green, an elderly, retired dry cleaner, wanders into New York traffic and is almost hit by a car driven by Ross Gardiner, a 29-year-old corporate executive. The young man is given a community service of helping the recent widower once a week for six months. What starts as a comedy about two men who do not want to be in the same room together becomes a gripping and moving drama. They get to know each other, come to care about each other, and open old wounds they’ve been hiding and nursing for years.
Playwright Jeff Baron, who provided Cherry Creek Theatre with a just-written update to his play, said, "I'm so pleased that Denver, home to one of the first productions of VISITING Mr. Green outside of New York, will get another chance to see my play with such an interesting cast." Under the direction of Pat Payne, the cast includes Cajardo Lindsey and Joey Wishnia.
Cajardo Lindsey is an actor, poet, screenwriter and lawyer. His theatre credits include "A Raisin in the Sun" at the Denver Center Theatre Company; "To Kill a Mockingbird," "Wait Until Dark," "A Raisin in the Sun" for Arvada Center; "Joe Turner's Come and Gone," "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" produced by Shadow Theatre Company; "The Night of the Iguana," "Lobby Hero" and "Misery" at Miner’s Alley Playhouse and "Fences" at Curious Theatre Company. Cajardo's TV and film career includesIn Plain Sight, Medium, Easy Money, and Silver City and MacGruber, see www.imdb.me/cajardo. The Colorado Theatre Guild bestowed the 2008-2009 Henry Award to Cajardo for Best Actor in a Drama. Additionally he has received a Denver Ovation Award for Best Actor 2008 anda Marlowe Award Winner for Best Actor in Drama 2008.
Joey Wishnia was educated at Rhodes University and received a Teaching Diploma (Licentiate) in Speech and Drama from Trinity College, London. He has worked in practically every facet of the entertainment industry, having been actor, director, and teacher and appeared in music hall, opera, cabaret, revues, movies, TV and many radio dramas, serials and soap operas. In 1993, he was the recipient of a special award for his contribution to children’s theatre in South Africa. He came to the United States in 1993 and quickly established himself in Denver, Colorado as actor and director concentrating on classical theatre. Joey was awarded the 2010-11 Henry Award for Lifetime Achievement in Theatre by the Colorado Theatre Guild.
Cherry Creek Theater's VISITING Mr. Green is enticing audiences now through October 28th at the Shaver-Ramsey Showroom, 2414 East 3rd Avenue in Cherry Creek. Performances are Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 p.m. For tickets or more information, contact the box office by calling 303-800-6578 or online at www.cherrycreektheatre.org.
Photo Credit: Brian Miller
Cajardo Lindsey and Joey Wishnia
- BWW Reviews: Theatre Espirit Asia Presents a Haunting Homage to Motherhood with 99 HISTORIES at Vintage Theatre
- BWW Interviews: Patricia Ward Kelly on Her Husband and Love, Gene Kelly and What His Legacy Means to Her
- BWW Interviews: Denver Actress and Filmmaker Katharyn Grant and her new film, THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU, currently featured at the STARZ Denver Film Festival!
- BWW Reviews: The Denver Center Company Presents a Hilarious Insight into Art Appreciation with THE MOST DESERVING
- BWW Reviews: Boulder's Dinner Theatre Presents Heartwarming, Yet Cheeky Performances in THE FULL MONTY
- BWW Reviews: The Aurora Fox Theatre Presents a Spooky Delight with THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW
- BWW Interviews: Denver Center's Judith Hawking on Her Talented Career and Who in Her Mind is THE MOST DESERVING
- BWW Reviews: The Denver Center Theatre Company Presents an Intriguing Insight Into Colorado History with JUST LIKE US
- BWW Reviews: Ignite Theatre Presents a New Remount of AVENUE Q - Even Better the Second Time Around the Block
- BWW Reviews: Curious Theatre's Fascinating Interpersonal Study in AFTER THE REVOLUTION