NOW PLAYING: Cherry Creek Theatre Presents VISITING MR. GREEN thru 10/28
Cherry Creek Theatre presents VISITING Mr. Green playing now through October 28th in Cherry Creek, CO. Mr. Green, an elderly, retired dry cleaner, wanders into New York traffic and is almost hit by a car driven by Ross Gardiner, a 29-year-old corporate executive. The young man is given a community service of helping the recent widower once a week for six months. What starts as a comedy about two men who do not want to be in the same room together becomes a gripping and moving drama. They get to know each other, come to care about each other, and open old wounds they’ve been hiding and nursing for years.
Playwright Jeff Baron, who provided Cherry Creek Theatre with a just-written update to his play, said, "I'm so pleased that Denver, home to one of the first productions of VISITING Mr. Green outside of New York, will get another chance to see my play with such an interesting cast." Under the direction of Pat Payne, the cast includes Cajardo Lindsey and Joey Wishnia.
Cajardo Lindsey is an actor, poet, screenwriter and lawyer. His theatre credits include "A Raisin in the Sun" at the Denver Center Theatre Company; "To Kill a Mockingbird," "Wait Until Dark," "A Raisin in the Sun" for Arvada Center; "Joe Turner's Come and Gone," "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" produced by Shadow Theatre Company; "The Night of the Iguana," "Lobby Hero" and "Misery" at Miner’s Alley Playhouse and "Fences" at Curious Theatre Company. Cajardo's TV and film career includesIn Plain Sight, Medium, Easy Money, and Silver City and MacGruber, see www.imdb.me/cajardo. The Colorado Theatre Guild bestowed the 2008-2009 Henry Award to Cajardo for Best Actor in a Drama. Additionally he has received a Denver Ovation Award for Best Actor 2008 anda Marlowe Award Winner for Best Actor in Drama 2008.
Joey Wishnia was educated at Rhodes University and received a Teaching Diploma (Licentiate) in Speech and Drama from Trinity College, London. He has worked in practically every facet of the entertainment industry, having been actor, director, and teacher and appeared in music hall, opera, cabaret, revues, movies, TV and many radio dramas, serials and soap operas. In 1993, he was the recipient of a special award for his contribution to children’s theatre in South Africa. He came to the United States in 1993 and quickly established himself in Denver, Colorado as actor and director concentrating on classical theatre. Joey was awarded the 2010-11 Henry Award for Lifetime Achievement in Theatre by the Colorado Theatre Guild.
Cherry Creek Theater's VISITING Mr. Green is enticing audiences now through October 28th at the Shaver-Ramsey Showroom, 2414 East 3rd Avenue in Cherry Creek. Performances are Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 p.m. For tickets or more information, contact the box office by calling 303-800-6578 or online at www.cherrycreektheatre.org.
Photo Credit: Brian Miller
Cajardo Lindsey and Joey Wishnia
- BWW Interviews: The Talented Cast of the National Tour of MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET on Icons and Inspirations
- BWW Reviews: The Colorado Ballet Presents an Enchanting Performance in the Classic Fairy tale, CINDERELLA!
- BWW Reviews: The Arvada Center Presents a Solid Yet Tepid Suspense in Agatha Christie's THE MOUSETRAP
- BWW Reviews: Town Hall Presents the Comedy BOEING-BOEING, Amusing but Never Achieves Hilarity
- BWW Reviews: Denver Center Presents an Instant Comedic Smash Hit with THE LEGEND OF GEORGIA MCBRIDE
- BWW Reviews: Curious Theatre Raises the Bar with Their Haunting Masterpiece, THE WHIPPING MAN
- BWW Interview: Denver Center's Matt McGrath on Making GEORGIA MCBRIDE a Legend!
- BWW Reviews: A Surprising Lackluster and Out of Sync National Revival of EVITA at the Denver Center
- BWW Reviews: Boulder's Dinner Theater Creates Hilarious, Medieval Magic with Monty Python's SPAMALOT!
- BWW Reviews: Vintage Theatre Has a Monstrous, Hilarious Hit with YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, The Musical!