STAGE TUBE: Sneak Peek - Rosie O'Donnell Among Guest Stars on WEB THERAPY Season 2
Some of the biggest names in film and television guest star in the upcoming second season of WEB THERAPY, returning on Monday, July 2nd at 11 p.m. ET/PT. The series stars Lisa Kudrow as "Fiona Wallice," the self-professed and self-serving psychotherapist who treats patients in three minute sessions via webcam. The eleven, half-hour episodes of season two find Fiona playing the woman-behind-the-man in Kip's political campaign while juggling her burgeoning career as an author and continuing to advise the hapless clients who have wandered into her web. Get a sneak peek at the upcoming season below!
Below are brief character descriptions of some of the guest stars appearing this season:
- Meryl Streep plays "Camilla Bowner," a consultant brought in by Kip's political handlers to re-orient Kip's wandering sexuality.
- David Schwimmer plays "Newell Miller," the son of Fiona's college professor with whom she had a "romantic" encounter. Unbeknownst to Fiona and his father, Newell witnessed the traumatic event and Fiona has haunted him ever since. He is contacting her now on the advice of his new therapist to find closure, but Fiona has other ideas.
- Alan Cumming returns as Scottish billionaire media magnate "Austen Clarke," a new patient of Fiona's who quickly falls under her spell -- much to Fiona's romantic and professional benefit.
- Rosie O'Donnell plays "Maxine DeMaine," Austen's second-in-command, who is forced to edit Fiona's un-publishable book, most of which grossly offends her spiritual principles.
- Conan O'Brien appears as himself, and contacts Fiona for help with a serious problem: he can't seem to express his anger at his sidekick, who often appears funnier than his boss.