DC Entertainment Celebrates 75 Years of Batman with All-Star Panels at Comic-Con 2014
DC Entertainment (DCE) will descend upon Comic-Con International: San Diego 2014 with a terrific line-up of all-star panels, can't-miss events, and exclusive reveals, all to celebrate the milestone 75th anniversary of the world's most popular Super Hero - DC Comics' Batman. Celebration highlights include a pair of panels that will bring together a spectacular collection of Batman talent, a once-in-a-lifetime art exhibit, and a rare look at some of the most famous Batman film costumes in history.
The centerpiece to DCE's plans includes two can't-miss panel events where heralded names from Batman lore will join forces for an ultimate fan experience.
- Batman 75: Legends of The Dark Knight - In celebration of Batman's 75-year history, join comic icons Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, DCE Co-Publisher and renowned Batman artist Jim Lee (BATMAN: HUSH), DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns (BATMAN: EARTH ONE), current BATMAN creative team, writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo, along with vintage superstar BATMAN team writer Denny O'Neill and artist Neal Adams in an in-depth discussion on the legendary character's explosive adventures in comics both past and present. Thursday 3:30-4:30pm Room 6BCF
- Batman 75th Anniversary - Delve into how Batman has been brought to life in comics, TV, movies and video games with Lee, Johns, BATMAN '66 MEETS THE GREEN HORNET co-writer and KROQ radio personality Ralph Garman, the legendary voice of Batman Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Arkham Knight), producer and writer Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series), and Peter Girardi, Senior Vice President, Creative Affairs, Warner Bros Animation. Saturday 4-5:00pm Room 6BCF
The celebration also continues with a staggering collection of must-own items and exciting events from DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Entertainment.
- Celebrate the long-awaited home entertainment debut of Batman: The Complete Television Series with a can't-miss panel featuring Batman on-screen legends Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar. Thursday 6-7pm Hall H
- For the supreme Batman fan experience, DC Entertainment's interactive 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) will hold costumes donned by those who famously brought the legendary hero to life on film including Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and Christian Bale. Plus, the booth will host signings with top talent including Jim Lee, Geoff Johns, John Romita Jr., Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo and more, along with a full slate of free giveaways, fan events and on-stage demonstrations.
- Attend the world premiere of Warner Bros. Television and FOX's upcoming show Gotham during the star-studded "A Night of DC Entertainment" Hall H panel on Saturday evening from 8:00-11:00 p.m. Gotham tells the origin story of some of DC Comics' greatest Super-Villains and vigilantes, following Detective Jim Gordon's rise to power in a dangerously corrupt city that would spawn iconic characters such as The Penguin, Catwoman, The Riddler and a young Bruce Wayne. The Gotham premiere is part of the action-packed three-hour WBTV/DC Entertainment panel that will also highlight Arrow, The Flash and Constantine, with Arrow star Stephen Amell serving as master of ceremonies. Saturday 8-11pm Hall H
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment will celebrate the 75th anniversary of Batman at Comic-Con by unveiling life-size recreations of The Dark Knight's iconic cowl headpiece and cape from the upcoming "Batman: Arkham Knight" videogame in the Hard Rock Hotel's Legends Room. The Dark Knight's iconic mantle will be re-imagined by top artists and celebrities including Zack Snyder (Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice), Mister Cartoon, Buff Monster, Zso (Sara Blake), Apex, Michael Hsiung, Will Arnett (The Lego Movie) Jeff Lemire and Ivan Reis. The "Cape/Cowl/Create" exhibition will be open to the public Friday through Sunday. Exhibit hours are 12-7pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Join the cast and creators of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's highly anticipated world premiere of Batman: Assault on Arkham animated film including the definitive voice of Batman, Kevin Conroy. Based on the best-selling video game series, Batman: Arkham, this action-packed film takes place between the Batman: Arkham Origins video game and Batman: Arkham Asylum video game. Friday 7-9:00pm Ballroom 20
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games present an inside look at LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham with an animated panel discussion featuring exclusive First Look at new gameplay, content reveals and announcements by TT Games Game Director Arthur Parsons and Executive Producer Phill Ring, along with a stellar line-up of voice talent from the game. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham will also be playable for consumer hands-on throughout the show. Sunday 1-2 pm Room 6BCF
- The Caped Crusader will tower over Gotham on the cover of Comic-Con 2014's official Souvenir Book and on a must-own, Con exclusive t-shirt in a spectacular design penciled and inked by Lee.
- Join the writers and artists behind current Batman universe titles including BATMAN team Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, Marc Andreyko (BATWOMAN), Brian Buccellato (DETECTIVE COMICS), Pat Gleason (BATMAN AND ROBIN), Greg Pak (BATMAN/SUPERMAN), and Peter Tomasi (BATMAN AND ROBIN) for a special panel to discuss what's in store for the World's Greatest Detective.
- DC Collectibles will reveal a stellar new line of action figures based on the highly anticipated videogame from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Batman: Arkham Knight. Also, make sure to stop by Diamond retailers on the show floor to purchase DC Collectibles' Harley Quinn convention exclusive statue.
- Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) joins the celebration at the DC Comics booth with fan-focused showcases, exclusives, and giveaways from key licensing partners each day of Comic-Con at 11am and 3pm. On Thursday, WBCP and partworks publisher Eaglemoss will present their line of Batmobiles throughout the ages; Friday will bring fan-favorite clothing company Black Milk to the stage with a display of its Batman and DC Comics Super Heroes-inspired line of female-focused apparel; Saturday, or Harley Quinn Day, will see WBCP and Hot Topic launch the new Hot Topic-exclusive Harleen lifestyle collection in a fashion show parade, while calling all Harley Quinn cos-players at Comic-Con to the DC Comics booth to join the fun; and Sunday, new WBCP and DC Comics partner, Schleich, will premiere its new DC Comics collectible figure line, with Batman at the forefront. Additionally, dozens of WBCP partners will be a-buzz around the Comic-Con show floor with exclusives and can't-miss giveaways over the course of the show.
- Warner Archive Collection presents "A Batman for all Seasons" on Sunday at Noon. Join producer James Tucker, producer/director Brandon Vietti, WAC Podcast hosts Matthew Patterson and DW Ferranti and surprise guests, as they examine Batman iterations and Oddities throughout history, from early films like "Public Defender" and the Batman cartoons, to new versions of the character, the off-kilter takes and new media. Sunday 12-1pm Room 7AB
- Fans will be able to pick up a wide variety of items exclusively available at this year's Comic-Con - including variant cover editions of some of DC Comics' most popular series. The Graphitti Designs booth (#2314) will offer variant editions of BATMAN #32, GRAYSON #1, and two versions of HARLEY QUINN INVADES COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL #1.
Can't make the Con? DC Entertainment's website is the go-to place for behind the scenes coverage and in-depth interviews.
Download the DC Entertainment Events App on Apple's App Store or the Google Play Store to stay up to SPEED on all DC Entertainment signings and panels at San Diego Comic-Con.
About DC Entertainment:
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE ©2015 Business Wire