Click Here for Articles About Paul Van Dyk
Paul Van Dyk to Release (R)EVOLUTION: THE REMIXES, 2/22
|Electronic Music Merges with Symphony in Upcoming Album and Concert: Electronic Opus|
November 10, 2014
|PAUL VAN DYK & UMMET OZCAN's 'Come With Me (We are One)' Now Available|
August 13, 2014
|Armin Van Buuren's 'A State Of Trance Classics', Vol. 9 Out Now|
August 01, 2014
|Beatport Stage to Host Stage at Electric Zoo: New York's Electronic Music Festival|
July 29, 2014
|Related: Paul Van Dyk|
Last year, through his sixth artist album EVOLUTION, electronic music pioneer Paul van Dyk changed up perceptions of the 'PvD sound' in a big way. Over the course of 2012, the critically acclaimed album spawned five singles, an epic, globe-circling 150+ date tour, sustained fan & press veneration (including the covers of Electronic Musician and DJ Times) and an ever-widening stylistic scope of DJ support. Now that the originals have been established, the time has come to let remixers get to work as VAN DYK's evolution becomes an out-and-out revolution. Handpicked by the man himself--from the ready-to-break to the firmly established--the remixes have been assembled and will be released as (R)EVOLUTION: THE REMIXES on VANDIT February 22.
(R)EVOLUTION: THE REMIXES encompasses 16 fresh-off-the-desk reworkings from a full company of VAN DYK's fellow production studionauts. Also included is the radio edit of "Such A Feeling" ft. Austin Leeds and vocalist Elijah King, a remake of the instrumental "Verano" that has never been available in North America before. Leading the charge is the production brotherhood of Woody van Eyden and Alex M.O.R.P.H., who are respectively tasked with retakes of "Sun After Heartbreak" and "Such A Feeling." Drawing on a wealth of harmonics, thermal synths and Sue McLaren's and Elijah King's vocal talents, they reposition PvD's original versions in an entirely new light.
"Naturally, the original versions of EVOLUTION's tracks were my and my co-producers' visions. To date, the singles have brought some wonderful, creative remixes with them--ones that blew me away when I heard them," states PAUL VAN DYK. "I played the tracks in clubs and on the radio throughout 2012. They were the seeds for this album and now is the right time to push the boundaries of EVOLUTION a bit further."
PAUL VAN DYK's next major appearances in North America take place at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami for closing slots Friday, March 15 on the UMF Worldwide stage and Sunday, March 24 on the A State Of Trance 600 stage.
The track listing for PAUL VAN DYK's (R)EVOLUTION: The Remixes album is:
1) Sun After Heartbreak (Woody van Eyden Full Vocal Version)
2) Such A Feeling ft. Austin Leeds and Elijah King (Alex M.O.R.P.H. Remix)
3) I Don't Deserve You ft. Plumb (John O'Callaghan Remix)
4) Symmetries ft. Austin Leeds (Maarten De Jong Remix)
5) Lost In Berlin ft. Michelle Leonard (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix)
6) The Sun After Heartbreak feat. Sue McLaren & Arty (Pedro Del Mar & Double V Remix)
7) All The Way feat. Tyler Michaud & Fisher (Steve Wish Remix)
8) If You Want My Love ft. Caligola (Niels von Ahorn Remix)
9) Wonderful Day ft. Giuseppe Ottaviani (Robert Mint Remix)
10) We Come Together feat. Sue McLaren (Chriss Ortega Remix)
11) I Don't Deserve You ft. Plumb (Gabriel Ben Remix)
12) Love Ammunition ft. Michelle Leonard (Directors Cut Mix)
13) Rock This (Exense Remix)
14) Open My Eyes ft. Kyau & Albert (Kyau & Albert Remix)
15) The Sun After Heartbreak feat. Sue McLaren & Arty (Nick Callaghan & Will Atkinson)
16) I Don't Deserve You ft. Plumb (WAWA Remix)
17) Such A Feeling ft. Austin Leeds and Elijah King (Radio Edit)