Capital/EMI to Release BEST OF BOND Commemorative CD, 10/9
2012 marks the 50th anniversary of the iconic James Bond film franchise, and in conjunction with EON Productions and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Capitol/EMI is proud to join the world's celebration of 007. BEST OF BOND...James Bond, a new commemorative collection of the legendary films' digitally remastered music, will be released in two configurations on October 9th (October 8th outside of North America). Best Of Bond… James Bond features the memorable theme songs from all 22 official Bond films and will be available on CD and digitally, and as a deluxe, "50 Years - 50 Tracks" 2CD and digital collection.
On October 5th, the 50th anniversary of the release of the first Bond film, Dr. No, James Bond Day will be celebrated around the world. Best Of Bond… James Bond will be available for pre-order on James Bond Day.
The 23-track single-disc edition and deluxe edition of Best Of Bond… James Bond both feature the themes from all 22 Bond films released since 1962, including The John Barry Orchestra's seminal "James Bond Theme" from Dr. No, with striking cover art depicting Bond's "Golden Girl" and the official 50th anniversary logo. The John Barry Orchestra's orchestral main theme and Louis Armstrong's love theme from 1969's On Her Majesty's Secret Service are both included, and the expanded edition adds several integral score pieces by The John Barry Orchestra and other original songs heard in the films by Dame Shirley Bassey, Marvin Hamlisch, The Pretenders, Moby, k.d. lang, David Arnold, and others.
For 50 years, a significant part of the excitement leading up to each new James Bond adventure in espionage has been the reveal of each film's theme song and its recording artist. Many of music's top stars have been honored to write and record new songs for 007, to see and hear their music brought to life in the films' sultry opening credits and reprised in score pieces within the film. Many Bond themes have been major hits around the world. Dame Shirley Bassey's "Goldfinger,"Tom Jones' "Thunderball," Paul McCartney and Wings' "Live And Let Die," Carly Simon's "Nobody Does It Better," Sheena Easton's "For Your Eyes Only," Rita Coolidge's "All Time High," Duran Duran's "A View To A Kill," Garbage's "The World Is Not Enough," Madonna's "Die Another Day," and Jack White and Alicia Keys' "Another Way To Die" are just some of the evocative Bond themes featured on Best Of Bond… James Bond.
About EON Productions
EON Productions Limited and Danjaq LLC are wholly owned and controlled by the Broccoli/Wilson family. Danjaq is the US based company that co-owns, with MGM, the copyright in the existing James Bond films and controls the right to produce future James Bond films as well as all worldwide merchandising. EON Productions, an affiliate of Danjaq, is the UK based Production Company which makes the James Bond films. The 007 franchise is the longest running in film history with twenty-two films produced since 1962. Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli succeeded Albert R 'Cubby' Broccoli and have produced some of the most successful Bond films ever including CASINO ROYALE and QUANTUM OF SOLACE. They are currently producing the 23rd film, SKYFALL.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is a leading entertainment company focused on the production and distribution of films and television content globally. The company owns one of the world's deepest libraries of premium film and television programming. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international television channels, including MGM-branded channels. For more information, visit www.mgm.com.
Best Of Bond… James Bond [CD, digital]
- James Bond Theme – The John Barry Orchestra [from Dr. No, 1962]
- From Russia With Love – Matt Monro [from From Russia With Love, 1963]
- Goldfinger – Shirley Bassey [from Goldfinger, 1964]
- Thunderball - Tom Jones [from Thunderball, 1965]
- You Only Live Twice - Nancy Sinatra [from You Only Live Twice, 1967]
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service – The John Barry Orchestra [from On Her Majesty's Secret Service, 1969]
- We Have All The Time In The World - Louis Armstrong [from On Her Majesty's Secret Service, 1969]
- Diamonds Are Forever – Shirley Bassey [from Diamonds Are Forever, 1971]
- Live And Let Die – Paul McCartney & Wings [from Live And Let Die, 1973]10. The Man With The
- Golden Gun – Lulu [from The Man With The Golden Gun, 1974]
- Nobody Does It Better – Carly Simon [from The Spy Who Loved Me, 1977]
- Moonraker - Shirley Bassey [from Moonraker, 1979]
- For Your Eyes Only – Sheena Easton [from For Your Eyes Only, 1981]
- All Time High – Rita Coolidge [from Octopussy, 1983]
- A View To A Kill – Duran Duran [from A View To A Kill, 1985]
- The Living Daylights - A-Ha [from The Living Daylights, 1987]
- Licence To Kill - Gladys Knight [from Licence To Kill, 1989]
- GoldenEye (Single Edit) – Tina Turner [from GoldenEye, 1995]
- Tomorrow Never Dies – Sheryl Crow [from Tomorrow Never Dies, 1997]
- The World Is Not Enough – Garbage [from The World Is Not Enough, 1999]
- Die Another Day – Madonna [from Die Another Day, 2002]
- You Know My Name – Chris Cornell [from Casino Royale, 2006]
- Another Way To Die – Jack White & Alicia Keys [from Quantum Of Solace, 2008]
Best Of Bond… James Bond (50 Years – 50 Tracks) [2CD, digital]