THE WINTER'S TALE, GOOSE!, CINDERELLA and More Set for New York Theatre Ballet's 2014-15 Season
New York Theatre Ballet announces the 2014-15 season, which will include a national tour and repertory performances at the 92nd Street Y (January 10-12, 2015), New York Live Arts (February 18-21, 2015) and Danspace (June 17-20, 2015). NYTB continues to maintain its association with the New York Pops at Carnegie Hall, and the Company's Once Upon A Ballet series for children will continue at Florence Gould Hall throughout the year. NYTB will also continue to offer its Free Ticket Program for families who are unable to afford to attend performances.
New York Theatre Ballet's 2014-15 Season includes:
- September 5-7, 2014 - The Winter's Tale - Shakespeare in the Park
- October 24-25, 2014 - Dance on a Shoestring & Halloween Party
- November 21-22, 2014 - Dance on a Shoestring
- November 29, 2014 - Keith Michael's The Nutcracker at Tarrytown Music Hall
- December 1-14, 2014 - Allied Tour of Keith Michael's The Nutcracker
- December 16-18, 2014 - Keith Michael's The Nutcracker in Purchase, NY
- December 19-21, 2014 - Once Upon A Ballet Series - Keith Michael's The Nutcracker
- December 21, 2014 - Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer with the New York Pops at Carnegie Hall
- January 10-12, 2015 - 92nd Street Y
- January 23-24, 2015 - Dance on a Shoestring
- February 6-8, 2015 - Once Upon A Ballet Series - Cinderella
- February 16-22, 2015 - New York Live Arts
- February 27-28, 2015 - Dance on a Shoestring
- March 6-8, 2015 - Once Upon A Ballet Series - GOOSE!
- June 5-7, 2015 - Once Upon A Ballet Series - Carnival of the Animals
- June 17-20, 2015 - Danspace
- June 24-28, 2015 - Cinderella at Jacob's Pillow
New York Theatre Ballet in The Public Theater's Shakespeare in the Park!
September 5-7, 2014 at 8pm
New York Theatre Ballet joins the cast of The Public Theater's musical adaptation of William Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale with choreography by Chase Brock. Performances are at the legendary Delacorte Theater in Central Park.
New York Theatre Ballet at 92nd Street Y
January 10-12, 2015
New York Theatre Ballet's Once Upon a Ballet Series of hour-long family ballets at Florence Gould Hall
Tickets: $35 Children & $40 Adults; Subscriptions $85-$130 (Early Bird); $90-$140
Keith Michael's The Nutcracker - December 19-21, 2015
New York Theatre Ballet (NYTB) returns for a fourth year of Keith Michael's The Nutcracker, an enchanting holiday ballet. From clockwork imps to a luminous owl that flies above the audience, mice dressed in polka dots and dancers dancing with huge chopsticks, this timeless, re-imagined classic bursts with energy and excitement. This holiday ballet, danced to Tchaikovsky's beloved score, is set in Art Nouveau style circa 1907 with innovative choreography by long-time NYTB choreographer, Keith Michael; set design by Gillian Bradshaw-Smith; and costumes by Resident Costume Designer of the Metropolitan Opera, Sylvia Nolan.