Galavant

MadAboutTheBoy
Understudy
Galavant
Posted: 7/27/14 at 05:37pm
Has this been discussed yet? It looks fun! (Sorry, I'd post the video but I don't know how to imbed video links here. I hope this link works):

http://www.broadwayworld.com/search/?q=galavant&cx=003281041504712504013%3Ama8kxnaa1hu&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=UTF-8&search_type%5B%5D=site
Menken Fan
Broadway Star
Galavant
Posted: 7/27/14 at 06:21pm
Really looking forward to this, but we'll see...

Galavant Extended Trailer
Check out my radio station here Sho-Toonz Internet Radio.

Current Playlist = TONY NOMINEES. Featuring 2014 Tony nominated shows, performers and composers. Brilliant or ridiculous. Regularly updated. Let me know what you think. (tommy1@aol.com)
Updated On: 7/27/14 at 06:21 PM
Gorlois
Stand-by
Galavant
Posted: 7/27/14 at 06:31pm
I posted a thread about this a few days ago in Off-Topic. I'm excited for it, too. If Alan Menken can't do a musical series right, I'll just have to assume no one can.
MadAboutTheBoy
Understudy
Galavant
Posted: 7/27/14 at 06:42pm
Thanks for posting that, Menken Fan.

Gorlois: I wasn't sure if this was appropriate to post here. But I figured if we could discuss "Smash"...

I hope this is good, too.
carlodowd
Stand-by
Galavant
Posted: 7/28/14 at 12:33pm
This looks funny but stupidly funny! Iím excited to watch it, however i think its outcome really be either be like SMASH but worse and cancelled after 13 episodes or like Glee and become very popular. It will only be those two extremes, not anyway in-between. I hope it is successful tho and Alan finally finishes his EGOT quest!
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Galavant
Posted: 8/1/14 at 02:01pm
Seems like it's trying for the same tone as the movie A Knight's Tale.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Galavant
Posted: 8/1/14 at 02:02pm
Less A Knights Tale and more When Things Were Rotten.
finebydesign
Broadway Legend
Galavant
Posted: 8/1/14 at 02:05pm
This looks horrible, you can see the low budget on this one! Those crowd scenes are embarrassing. Why didn't they just introduce song into Once? It's like a corny Robin Hood Men in Tights (if you can say that!).

Yikes. Why didn't they make Enchanted a show?
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Galavant
Posted: 8/1/14 at 02:41pm
WTF did I just watch?
Four Simple Rules for Attending the Theater 1. This is a nice night out. Dress accordingly. Like, no sweatpants. 2. When you enter the theater, turn off your phone. All issues with phones will be avoided this way, & you won't be verbally accosted by the cast, crew, & other patrons. 3. I did not pay dollas to hear you talk or sing. I paid dollas to see & hear gorgeous men like Norm Lewis, Ramin Karimloo & Joshua Henry. 4. Unless you have medical issues, don't eat. The wrappers are loud, & your disgusting munching is even louder. You aren't at the movies or a barn dance, baby.
fingerlakessinger
Broadway Legend
Galavant
Posted: 8/1/14 at 03:36pm
Wow....nothing about that song made me want to watch the show.
"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."
ekline1
Swing
Galavant
Posted: 8/1/14 at 08:52pm
I'm excited! I watch the trailer and get this Monty Python vibe.
Mr. Nowack
Broadway Star
Galavant
Posted: 8/1/14 at 09:05pm
It's gonna be SMASH all over again. I wonder if this show will succeed being that it's already making fun of itself, unlike SMASH.
I was previously known as Mr. Nowak (Joined: 5/20/13).