From Here to Eternity Broadway 2015

Blethering Scot
Understudy
Posted: 3/25/14 at 07:15pm
According to the below article the show will transfer to Broadway in 2015. The production was also filmed in London over last few days for an American and Uk cinema release.

Having seen the show I can say the original music is superb and I feel this show will fit in to Broadway extremely well. Its a traditional big scale musical with a big cast and original Music.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140325006334/en/Fathom-Events-Teams-Omniverse-Vision-Five-Star-Stage#.UzIND-0gHCS
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/25/14 at 07:33pm
Hopefully, it will eventually get a DVD release here. Intend to get the cast album.
Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth - Lillian Hellman.
EricMontreal22
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/25/14 at 07:46pm
Strange, it's basically a flop in the UK--I wonder if they plan to revise it at all.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/25/14 at 08:10pm
I can't see this arriving on Broadway, hot air from Tim Rice, still I love to be on his royalty checks.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar***
Theatrefan2
Chorus Member
Posted: 3/25/14 at 08:11pm
I wonder why they are doing this. It will just showcase how bad the leading actors are. How much chemistry they do not have. What would make this particular show so special. I saw it and found nothing memorable.
EricMontreal22
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/25/14 at 08:49pm
If for some reason it came, it would probably have different leads...
Blethering Scot
Understudy
Posted: 3/26/14 at 06:37am
Having spoken to Tim Rice he is pretty determined to make this happen. Not so much for him but Brayson. The recording seemed to go well, two performances filmed with an audience one without. Personally I think the music and the emotional story of Pearl Harbour is superb.

They will need to sort the marketing out relies on people knowing about a movie the show isn't even based on.
tazber
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/26/14 at 07:45am
Have they announced a cast recording?
....but the world goes 'round
Blethering Scot
Understudy
Posted: 3/26/14 at 07:54am
Yes they are doing a live cast recording as we'll.

Read the reviews it received four and five star reviews from critics good by anyone's standards.
Blethering Scot
Understudy
Posted: 3/26/14 at 07:54am
Yes they are doing a live cast recording as we'll.

Read the reviews it received four and five star reviews from critics good by anyone's standards.
Eurotrash
Chorus Member
Posted: 3/26/14 at 08:11am
Intriguing. I thought there was lots that was good about the show, especially the original score, but much work needed on the book and script. Unappealing characters, and I didn't get much of a plot in Act One.
Blethering Scot
Understudy
Posted: 3/26/14 at 08:49am
There has been lots of changes to improve the book in the last two weeks. Disagree about t plot of
ACT 1 it sets it up really we'll.

Shows was 2hrs 50 when started but reduced to 2hrs 40 but with introduction of overture and new scenes back at 2hrs 50. Most west end shows nowadays have a 20 minute interval this has just 15.
newintown
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/26/14 at 09:31am
How do they do the famous beach scene? Stagehands throwing buckets of water?
Owen22
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/26/14 at 08:22pm
With better direction (the original direction wasn't bad, just uninventive) this show could do nicely. It has an above average score (for a traditional musical) with a star making lead (Robert Lonsdale in one of the greatest musical theatre performances I've seen in ahwile) who should indeed travel (he was already on Broadway in the revival of 'La Bete").
EricMontreal22
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/26/14 at 08:29pm
The only thing a friend of mine (who is NOT an avid theatregoer) said to me after seeing it was that he thought the "gay stuff" was handled badly (he asked me if there were some elements of it in the book and left out of the movie--which there were from what I remembered.) He found it slow overall but liked some of the music. *shrug*
algy
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/26/14 at 09:04pm
I'll admit to being perplexed by the reviews that this got - I saw it with a friend a few weeks back and was totally bored by it. The book needed a lot of work, the characters were unsympathetic (and the night we went 3 of the main actors were out), the music was forgetable and we were unsurprised that it had failed to find an audience. I was so disappointed, because it was a proper new show not a jukebox thing. I'd be interested to see how they change it for Broadway (I've no clue if I saw the London version before the last round of tweaks or not).