Roundabout Theatre to present Fiasco Theatre's

Mattbrain
Broadway Legend
Is it gonna be on or off Broadway.
Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
iluvtheatertrash
Broadway Legend
Whaaaa???
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman
theatreguy
Broadway Legend
The evening show times are 7:30pm which leads me to believe it will be at the Laura Pels.
carousel94
Chorus Member
I was hoping to get a chance to see this production!
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend

LITTRAH-LEE the best news I've heard all week.
CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD CUM OIL
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Photos of the production look wonderful. It sounds the most intriguing since the original London production.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
artscallion
Broadway Legend
This was a bare bones, one piano, really creatively staged production. Great news. I really hope they keep Jennifer Mudge as the witch. She's amazing!
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
I'd imagine this goes into the Pels (as theatreguy suggested) after INDIAN INK? Or if CABARET bombs, it could be the fall show for Studio 54? It's not the AA as THE REAL THING and NOISES OFF should have that booked into March 2015.

ETA- and now the press releases all say Pels, so ignore me.
Updated On: 3/6/14 at 03:20 PM
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
I'm still kicking myself over missing this production at Princeton, so I'm THRILLED with this news!!
Current Avatar: Tony-winner Idina Menzel, delivering a sucker-punch of an 11:00 number, "Always Starting Over," in IF/THEN.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
CABERET bombing? LOL

Does this production use the little boy?
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend

This is not a Woody Allen production, Jordan, and I find that comment in very poor taste.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
"Well, you've obviously never tasted a little boy" - Jim Colyer
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Reviving INTO THE WOODS so soon after it was done at the Public is further proof the Roundabout is in a desperate place right now.
"It's now rather very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that'. As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. It has no meaning, no purpose. It has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that'. Well, so f**king what?"--Stephen Fry
BroadwayNYC2
Featured Actor
At least they are quality productions.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
I'm sorry, but this looks cheap. Not inventive.

Play Esq.
Broadway Star
LOVED this production!!!! SOOO great to hear its coming to New York!!! I was hoping it would have gone the for profit route and taken the Barrow Street Theater, but whatever. It does require an intimate space. It would get lost at either of Roundabout's Broadway houses, I think.
tazber
Broadway Legend
It's coinciding with the movie almost to the day.

That ain't no coincidence.
....but the world goes 'round
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Aaaaaaaah!!! Good point, Taz!!!

And it might be a phenomenal production, I hope it is.
Broadway Bob*
Broadway Star
I want this in the Sondheim. It's my fantasy to see a Sondheim show in the Sondheim Theatre!!!
2014 Show Schedule: 3/08 @ 8:00 pm ~ THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (Columbus, OH); 4/11 @ 8:00 pm ~ BULLETS OVER BROADWAY (Broadway), 4/12 @ 2:00 pm ~ ROCKY (Broadway), 4/12 @ 8:00 pm ~ THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY (Broadway), 4/13 @ 2:00 pm ~ CASA VALENTINA (Broadway), 4/13 @ 7:00 pm ~ SEX TIPS FOR STRAIGHT WOMEN FROM A GAY MAN (Off-Broadway); 4/14 @ 8:00 pm ~ HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH (Broadway); 6/06 @ 8:00 pm ~ PIPPIN (Broadway); 6/07 @ 2:00 pm ~ A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER (Broadway); 6/07 @ 8:00 pm ~ IF/THEN (Broadway); 6/08 @ 3:00 pm ~ HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH; 6/08 @ 7:30 pm ~ HEATHERS THE MUSICAL (Off-Broadway)...(MORE to come, I hope)
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend

"And it might be a phenomenal production, I hope it is."

^From all I've heard, it is. After their fantastic CYMBELINE had such a long life and the stellar reviews this received, I knew there was no way the McCarter would be the last we'd hear of it.
Updated On: 3/6/14 at 03:42 PM
Kad
Broadway Legend
It's way too small of a production to be done in a Broadway house.

It's at the Laura Pels, where it should be.

I am so excited. I heard nothing but wonderful things about the production while it was Princeton.

Roundabout's original productions are usually a yawn, but they've been consistently able to get exciting transfers.

And growl- yes! Cymbeline was fantastic.
Updated On: 3/6/14 at 03:43 PM
amoni
Broadway Star
Studio 54? Nobody wanted to see the last production FREE in the park starring a four, now five time Academy Award nominated movie star. No on is going to pay top Broadway prices for this.
neonlightsxo
Broadway Star
It's Off Broadway, not on.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Broadway Legend
This discussion is over. amoni has spoken.

Updated On: 3/6/14 at 03:53 PM
perfectlymarvelous
Broadway Legend
I saw this production last year when it was at the McCarter, and it was stellar. Very inventive and, while small, certainly not cheap. I'm excited to see it again at the Pels.

Page: