Harry Styles as Fiyero in Wicked movie!

oasisjeff
Broadway Star
I'm fine with boy bands and Directioners, but since Harry by his own admission can't dance and can't act... this seems unlikely to pan out.
Harry Styles as Fiyero?
Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Fiyero is supposed to be an actual man though, not some skinny child in equally skinny jeans.
nomore.org
adamgreer
Broadway Legend
It's Fiyero, not Billy Bigelow.

He doesn't really have to "act." He needs to look good in the tight pants, sing well, and be someone other students would swoon over. The dancing isn't complicated, either.

If this ends up happening, he'll be fine.

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
~Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
~Walt Disney

My name is neither "adam" nor "greer."
gabiiferact
Chorus Member
But no ... just no. Someone else please.
Jeffrey Karasarides
Featured Actor
Are you seriously going to trust a rumor from a tabloid magazine?
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway.com is a tabloid?
nomore.org
PalJoey
Broadway Legend

Reading comprehension, dear. Broadway.com reported the rumor from the UK tabloid "The Sun."

Why does your headband always keep you from understanding how articles are sourced?

yr pal,
joey

Blocked so far: suestorm, Master Bates
tazber
Broadway Legend
They should cast Louis Tomlinson instead.
....but the world goes 'round
RW3
Broadway Star
Mattbrain
Broadway Legend
^ Preach, brutha!
Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
ChgoTheatreGuy
Stand-by
I think that to maintain whatever little integrity that "Wicked" has left, that they would do good not to do any stunt casting of people that will most likely be forgotten (and trust me Harry Styles will not be a legend for the ages). If they do that cast the whole movie with pop stars then...
Rainbowhigh23
Broadway Legend
In this age of disposable, untalented and autotuned pop stars, it is just crazy that a filmmaker would even think of casting a role as timeless as Fiyero with one. There are so many great actors with real talent who would be adequate for the role.

If potential ticket sales are going to trump quality in this film adaptation, casting a currently relevant pop star makes sense to get that extra ticket money. But how annoying will it be when in a few years that star's popularity is gone and you're left with a horribly lackluster performance that generations will be forced to see if they can't get to the theater.
kurt.perry41
Stand-by
Personally, I thought the obvious choice would be Adam Lambert, considering he did the role and is a very well known performer in the pop world. I'd be equally as happy with Mr. Lambert as I would be with Arron Tveit.
PixelJD
Swing
Call me crazy, but I think Zac Efron can do it if they want to stunt cast. Sure he may not be relevant as Harry, but even the post mentions Zac...

I also think Adam Lambert would be great too, from the videos I've seen he was great as fiyero and between Idol and Glee, he could probably sell some tickets.
darquegk
Broadway Legend
I've been saying Bruno Mars for Fiyero for a while. First, he is a huge pop sensation with genuine talent and multigenerational appeal (one doesn't get the Super Bowl halftime show by being just popular with tweens). Second, he is brown-skinned like Fiyero is in the book. Third, he has acted before- watch him on SNL- and is comfortable playing roles and finding the humor there. Finally, he is unlikely to be a flash-in-the-pan historically, as he has achieved success not only as a pop star solo artist, but as one of the few truly notable studio songwriters of the past decade.
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
He's three feet tall. Can't be shorter than the two female leads, and men who play Fiyero are typically tall.
nomore.org
darquegk
Broadway Legend
That would be a problem onstage, but not onscreen- surely the simple camera tricks used for Tom Cruise would be used for anyone playing Fiyero.
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Haha, very true. Good point!
nomore.org
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
"Fiyero is supposed to be an actual man though, not some skinny child in equally skinny jeans."

Yes, I am in support of getting Harry out of his skinny jeans...
Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Will Smith is producing and announced Quvenzhané Wallis will play Fiyero.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
carlodowd
Stand-by
No just no
Tink2
Stand-by
No! No! No! Harry should be Peter Pan!
SporkGoddess
Broadway Legend
Will Smith is producing and announced Quvenzhané Wallis will play Fiyero.

I think Jaden Smith would be more likely in this scenario.
Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
"casting a role as timeless as Fiyero with one."

That's the funniest stuff ever, when did Fiyero become timeless?
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
NeverSoShy
Chorus Member
Oh dear God no! Never mind the dancing and acting, he shouldn't be cast on singing ability alone (this isn't just me disliking One Direction; I have friends who went to school with him and were subjected to his singing at talent shows etc). Stunt casting has always been my greatest fear about a Wicked movie.