Lansbury/Jones DRIVING MISS DAISY Coming To Movie Theaters??

Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
"I think Glee is way too sharp, smart, witty, clever and emotionally confronting for the masses." - Dave19 - "What's next? Snow Black and the 7 Swaggers? Shasquirta and the Beast? 101 Weavematians? Willis in Ghettoland?" - Dave19, in reference to the new ANNIE remake.
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
They must have filmed this with out an audience, cause it was kept very quiet.
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Exactly what I was thinking. But thank God they did!
"I think Glee is way too sharp, smart, witty, clever and emotionally confronting for the masses." - Dave19 - "What's next? Snow Black and the 7 Swaggers? Shasquirta and the Beast? 101 Weavematians? Willis in Ghettoland?" - Dave19, in reference to the new ANNIE remake.
bundy5000
Broadway Legend
I posted it somewhere a while ago but that at the Induction at Bucks County Playhouse with Miss Lansbury they announced it was filmed.
Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
March 27th- Cabaret
March 29th- If/Then, The Realistic Jonses
April 12th- The Library
HorseTears
Broadway Legend
I have some distant recollection of someone on some board (perhaps not this one) mentioning that s/he had attended a performance in Australia at which they were most definitely filming. I would certainly hope it was recorded with audience reaction. If not, that would be rather odd. But, anyway, yes please! If there's such a big cinema audience for a dreadful community theatre production of Sondheim's least successful musical, surely there's an audience for seeing two acting legends in a beloved and well known play. Would be a nice addition to the banner year Dame Lansubry is having, too.
Will42
Broadway Star
It was the best theater experience of my life. A truly brilliant production and not just an acting showcase. So glad to hear that it was preserved and now can be seen by people all around the world.
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
Very glad this is not lost.
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
Mattbrain
Broadway Legend
Now *THIS* I gotta see!
Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
One of the best plays I have seen, a story by Alfred Uhry which turns North/South hatred of each other, into a added Jewish/African American hate, that comes the strongest possible friendship.

it is just great.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy*****
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend

Thank you for that astute synopsis, Phantom of London. It's sure to do a lot of good for a lot of people.
CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD CUM OIL
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
The final scene will make you cry like you have never cried in your life before!!!
lachri5
Swing
I'm still thinking about the South Pacific DVD they were going to release but never did.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Live From Lincoln Center performances are never released for sale on DVD.
lachri5
Swing
Of course I'm talking about the Australian production, otherwise it'd be totally off topic. Not that I'm not satisfied with the Lincoln Center vid, the Australian production which was based on the Lincoln Center production could turn out terrible for all I know. It just kept me hanging. Every now and then I would want to check if it's finally released.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/169756-Tony-Winning-Revival-of-South-Pacific-Filmed-in-Australia-for-DVD-Release

Updated On: 1/25/14 at 01:39 AM
emo_geek
Broadway Legend
Oh how I hope this happens. Watch how you have to fly to an australian movie theatre to see it though.
"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999