CSC's LAST TWO PEOPLE ON EARTH

ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/13/13 at 11:11am
Begins tomorrow. Is anyone going? Also does anyone know if the CSC rush policy still applies even though the show is at Abrons Art Center?

ETA: Thought it was tonight. Whoops.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
Updated On: 12/13/13 at 11:11 AM
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/13/13 at 11:13am
Clyde-I think it starts TOMORROW, the 14th. (See link-it's the 14th.)

I also wanted to know about the rush and the venue-I've never been in there myself.
Classic Stage
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/13/13 at 12:53pm
CSC just tweeted: "$30 general rush tix announced for LAST TWO PEOPLE ON EARTH (1hr prior to show; subject to availability; 2/person) "
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/13/13 at 12:59pm
They don't say if it's cash only. (Ah well I'll assume it is.) I'm very happy as it's 2 per person as well. Can't wait to see it!
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/13/13 at 01:20pm
Thanks for the info, frogs.
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
FutureDirector
Chorus Member
Posted: 12/15/13 at 07:12pm
I saw the show last night. While I felt that the ground work was brilliantly laid out, the performance style they were going for (Lecoq meets Grotowski) takes a much more detailed rehearsal process than the show seemed to have. What has been framed as (and has the potential to be) a carefully constructed piece of physical theatre came across as a review with oddly chosen musical numbers which was clearly not the intention of the creative team. my hope is they get it together before they open.
stevenycguy
Leading Actor
Posted: 12/15/13 at 11:55pm
What is the running time? I do not see it listed on their web site.

Their web site calls this a "workshop presentation" so perhaps it is not being reviewed? Perhaps they will restage it in the 2014-2015 season as a full production?

Updated On: 12/15/13 at 11:55 PM
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/17/13 at 12:57pm
I have only a limited opportunity to see this before going home for Xmas. The show seems very well sold so I'm wondering if anyone has had luck with rush tickets.
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/17/13 at 01:24pm
Clyde-Get to the show-by hook or by crook. I highly recommend it. I went on the blizzard day (Sat.) and easily got two tickets for that evening's performance-lovely box office staff. It is really incredible. (Taylor Mac is incredible, as is Mandy Patinkin, and I love the concept. It's really an experience to take in.)
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/17/13 at 01:35pm
Well if the resident celebrity is telling me to go then I guess I should check it out. Was going to attempt it tonight and I imagine there would be cancellation tickets since people aren't trying to trek all the way out there (hell, I barely want to).
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/17/13 at 02:33pm
Clyde-you do me too much honor with that sobriquet. I did not seek any fame and my posts never solicit it freely.

While I will concede it needs a little work, it is a joy to watch both of these men on stage. Taylor Mac is truly a brilliant performer and he seems to get so much joy out of performing that it is infectious. (He has a very natural talent.) I will be interested to hear your impressions.

Updated On: 12/17/13 at 02:33 PM
bstoll1
Understudy
Posted: 12/20/13 at 10:27am
FYI: If you have a tdf.org membership they currently have tickets available for tomorrows 3pm & 8pm performance. Tickets are $31.50 a piece. I'm going to give it a shot since I'll be in the city.
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/21/13 at 03:06pm
I did end up seeing the show on Tues night. Can't say that I have as strong an opinion as dreaming but thought it was an enjoyable evening. In all honesty, I would have been fine without seeing it. Certainly wouldn't pay more than $30 for it.

Taylor Mac was actually the standout here. There were times where he would begin singing a song and when Mandy joined in it became less enjoyable. This was my first time seeing Taylor Mac and now I'll do everything I can to see him again.

The song choices were mostly unknown to me and there were definite high points of lesser known songs from artists I'm familiar with. I think giving out the song list is a bit of a spoiler so I'll refrain from that but I will say there is a brilliant usage of a Patty Griffin song that was my favorite of the evening.

One note about spoiling the song list. The theatre didn't give out the program until after the show which I appreciated since I knew people would be referring back to it throughout to see what a certain song was. I seemed to be the only one OK with this decision. You would have thought the ushers were telling people they wouldn't be allowed to see their first born with the amount of chagrin not being given a program before the show was met with.