A question about The Last Five Years

winston89
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/11/13 at 04:47pm
I have a question about The Last Five Years.

I know a couple of things about the show. That it's about a relationship and one storyline is told in cronological order while the other one is in reverse cronological order. And, I have had heard a couple of songs from the score here and there over the years. With that being said, if I pretty much have little knowledge of the show, would I still be able to follow what's going on if I sit down and just enjoy the show? Or does it require some research prior to seeing it?
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
LYLS3637
Featured Actor
Posted: 4/11/13 at 04:49pm
Since you know the structure of the show going in, you will be fine.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/11/13 at 05:24pm
If a show ever requires you to have certain knowledge going in, that is a BAD show.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
heytravistravis
Chorus Member
Posted: 4/12/13 at 05:57pm
I went in knowing pretty much the same you said you know, and I enjoyed it VERY much. Excellent performances, dazzling production, and is a beautiful score.

I don't think you need to go in knowing anything, the reverse chronological story becomes clear half-way through.
Born to speak all mirth and no matter
Wildcard
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/12/13 at 06:14pm
I saw a benefit of this show with 4 women and 4 men playing the roles at the same time (among them Tracie Thoms, Eden Espinosa, etc) and I still was able to follow the story.

Barbra Streisand
12 DAYS OF BARBRA
PARTNERS
NOW AVAILABLE
CLICK HERE...