Comscore

Soprano/belt audition song for Spring Awakening

AliWildcat Profile Photo
AliWildcat
Swing
Hello! My university is doing SA this spring (like half the universities in the country hahaha)and I am trying to get a good head start on auditions. I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for some songs that I could audition for Wendla or possibly Ilse with. I was thinking about 21 Guns (the American Idiot soundtrack version) or something by the Beatles (which seems to be a bit cliche' from other boards I've seen), among other things in passing. I know that, traditionally, they ask for non-MT songs for auditions for the show, but any suggestions MT or non-MT are welcomed warmly! Thanks!

(And if you have any monologue suggestions as well, I'd love those too! :))

Updated On: 8/5/12 at 07:09 PM
karimfantom Profile Photo
karimfantom
Chorus Member
Kelly Clarkson - Beautiful Disaster (someone in the SA tour cast used this and got in, forgot who)

If you want to try and get away with a MT song anyway:
Little Mermaid - Part of your world
Sleeping Beauty - Home
Little Women - Fire within me, or Astonishing.

Those are belter songs, but they also sound really pretty when a higher mezzo soprano sings them.

FlowerChild67
Stand-by
Portrait of a Girl from bare: A Pop Opera. I think that has a very similar sound to Wendla's music. :)
Portrait of a Girl Recording :)
AliWildcat Profile Photo
AliWildcat
Swing
The funny thing is, I was TOTALLY thinking Beautiful Disaster and it's on my list! Thanks for the suggestions and the confirmations :)
Dean2
Swing
I suggest our original ballad End Of The Line. A Broadway style tune written for a singer with a high range. Co-written by former Columbia Records singer/songwriter. Sheet music and MP3 upon request. Reply with email address.
chips2
Swing
Is that offer for the music still up? If so may I have a copy? Thank you in advance!

Advertisement