Soprano/belt audition song for Spring Awakening

AliWildcat Profile PhotoAliWildcat Profile Photo
AliWildcat
Swing
Swing
Hello! My university is doing SA this spring (like half the universities in the country hahaha)and I am trying to get a good head start on auditions. I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for some songs that I could audition for Wendla or possibly Ilse with. I was thinking about 21 Guns (the American Idiot soundtrack version) or something by the Beatles (which seems to be a bit cliche' from other boards I've seen), among other things in passing. I know that, traditionally, they ask for non-MT songs for auditions for the show, but any suggestions MT or non-MT are welcomed warmly! Thanks!

(And if you have any monologue suggestions as well, I'd love those too! :))

Updated On: 8/5/12 at 07:09 PM
karimfantom Profile Photokarimfantom Profile Photo
karimfantom
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Kelly Clarkson - Beautiful Disaster (someone in the SA tour cast used this and got in, forgot who)

If you want to try and get away with a MT song anyway:
Little Mermaid - Part of your world
Sleeping Beauty - Home
Little Women - Fire within me, or Astonishing.

Those are belter songs, but they also sound really pretty when a higher mezzo soprano sings them.

FlowerChild67
Stand-by
Stand-by
Portrait of a Girl from bare: A Pop Opera. I think that has a very similar sound to Wendla's music. :)
Portrait of a Girl Recording :)
AliWildcat Profile PhotoAliWildcat Profile Photo
AliWildcat
Swing
Swing
The funny thing is, I was TOTALLY thinking Beautiful Disaster and it's on my list! Thanks for the suggestions and the confirmations :)
Dean2
Swing
Swing
I suggest our original ballad End Of The Line. A Broadway style tune written for a singer with a high range. Co-written by former Columbia Records singer/songwriter. Sheet music and MP3 upon request. Reply with email address.
chips2
Swing
Swing
Is that offer for the music still up? If so may I have a copy? Thank you in advance!

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Cast of FUN HOME's Broadway Memories
Backstage Bite
SCHOOL OF ROCK's Will Blum!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
Say Yeah to KINKY BOOTS!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
BWW TV: Broadway Kids Show Off at BROADWAY SESSIONS!