Common Musicals Put on by High Schools?

ThatShortBlondeChick
Swing
Back in June my music teacher tipped me off on the fact that my school is doing a musical next year. However she didn't tell me what show we might be doing or even the shows that the art teachers have been looking at.

I would really like to land a part in the musical but I know that in order to do that I would have to do some research to get a good grasp of the show.

So I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out. What are some of the most common musicals that high schools perform?

Important things to note: It would have to be a show with a small cast (because we haven't usually gotten a big turn out for auditions in the past) that is not male heavy (not too many guys have shown up to past auditions), it can't be a show that calls for a big budget (much like other schools in North America, my school's budget for the arts have been cut down significantly), and the show will probably not be Beauty and the Beast (because that was the show that my school's rival did last year) or Kiss Me Kate (which was the last musical which my school did almost +10 years ago).
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Go to www.stageagent.com. They have a list of all musicals with cast lists, part (ie. lead, supporting, cameo- soprano, baritone, spoken...) and a synopsis of the show. Here's a link:
http://www.stageagent.com/browse/showtype/musical
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
1) You do not need to do any homework until your teacher announces the show. Ever. Just chill until they announce the show. There is no point at "guessing."

2) And most importantly You do not need to do any homework until your teacher announces the show. Ever. Just chill until they announce the show. There is no point at "guessing."
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
NoHSMisNotAMusical
Stand-by
Yeah, let's not play guessing games. Either ask the teacher if she'll tell you, or just calm down. Work on your acting and singing in general until then.

BROADWAYWORLD TV