Printer Friendly - The Anarchist First Preview.

The Anarchist Previews
Posted by showchoirguy 2012-11-13 22:28:21

I know there was a thread started, but it seemed to veer off to another topic. I am absolutely thrilled to see this show. Any news from you folks?

The Anarchist First Preview.
Posted by meyerd584 2012-11-13 22:31:35

I'm never one for hyperbole and I can usually find something good in anything I see, but this had to be the worst play I've sat through.

The play itself is tired, boring and never breaks new ground. Mamet's typical style of conversations are there but with such a weak plot, the words come off as distracting rather than spellbinding.

The set (much like Oleanna) is ugly, serves no valuable purpose in the story and is unrealistic.

Debra Winger. I love her film work and still believe she was robbed of an Oscar for Terms.
On stage, she is emotionless. Her performance tries so hard to be a stern authority figure that she shuts down entirely. Every line is spoken, emphasizing every syllable and and monotonous. There is no performance there.

She went up on lines a few times but recovered nicely.

Patti was quite good. Still needs to find herself in her role, but her confidence as an actress and as her character are on display. A true professional on a sinking ship.

The show started at 8:05 at finished at 9:15. (More echoes of Oleanna)

Around the halfway mark, a few people in front of me left...and then a few more..and then a few more. Thankfully I was able to hear the dialogue, but when the house lights went on at the end, much of the back where I was sitting (Row R) was empty.

I'm very disappointed. Been looking forward to this for awhile now

Posted by TheaterBoy7777 2012-11-14 01:23:19

How did the theater look renovated?

Posted by BorisIgor 2012-11-14 11:31:54

It seems that everyone in this board ignores the fact that last night's performance was the first time ever the actors played in front of an audience and it was the first time ever this played was performed anywhere.
While I would agree with some of the comments, I yet have to hear a discussion on the essence of the play. Was the LuPone character punished long enough? Should the crime be forgiven? Who protects the victim's families? What were those young rich kids thinking back in the 70's?
I thought that the play was brilliant and that we will be talking about it for years. Yes, it needs work in a lot of areas, but that's what previews are for.

Posted by Wynbish 2012-11-14 11:33:33

^ You do realize that your comments will be disregarded because you said "Patty"

Posted by BorisIgor 2012-11-14 11:35:56

They can be discarded by whoever, but that doesn't take away my point of view and I think is valid. People seem here to want to destroy unfinished work. Let's allow the creative team to do their jobs and then have a strong conversation with all points of view

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-14 11:43:42

No, people want to discuss a show they've seen that is charging money for perdormances. If they liked the show then there's no problem but if they didn't well...they're just awful people for judging a show in previews.

If they're ready to take your money, they better be ready to take your criticism as well.

Posted by BorisIgor 2012-11-14 11:50:01

Constructive criticism is key to the success of most shows. Theatre is a about collaboration. it's the other type f criticism that I find destructive. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, as strong as they can be, but let's put them in context.

Posted by WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel 2012-11-14 11:52:24

Boris- In the other thread is there discussion of the play. I said I didn't think the crime, her motivation to commit the crime, the role of the accomplice etc was made very clear and therefore it was hard to care about the current predicament of the character.

Should the crime be forgiven? Well without explaining the situation in greater detail it's hard to say. The more interesting aspect should have been was Patti honestly contrite or was she faking it in order to be paroled.

I think the play was far from "brilliant." Like I said it had an interesting premise, but the execution of the premise was lacking.

Posted by egghumor 2012-11-14 11:56:30

Whizzer: "Like I said it had an interesting premise, but the execution of the premise was lacking."

This seems to be Mr. Mamet's running problem in recent years.

Posted by BorisIgor 2012-11-14 12:22:53

I would agree that at this time of the process is execution. I'm sure the writer/director and producers feel confident that these issues can be worked on during previews.

Posted by Knowitall 2012-11-14 12:42:12

If you were looking for a compelling theater experience go see The Anarchist, David Mamet's new play with Patti LuPone and Debra Winger currently in previews and opening December 2. Definitely thought-provoking material and you'll see Patti as you've never seen her before (in prison!).

Posted by Kelly2 2012-11-14 12:59:44

"It seems that everyone in this board ignores the fact that last night's performance was the first time ever the actors played in front of an audience and it was the first time ever this played was performed anywhere."

That's inaccurate. I was at the final dress rehearsal on Monday night, and I do believe there was an audience. I will not post my thoughts on the play as I consider it bad form to review a final dress, but I did feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to see it.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-14 13:12:25

Thanks, Knowitall! That's the shortest press release I've ever seen!

Tell Jeff we all say "hi"!

Posted by Knowitall 2012-11-14 13:28:23

Yes, Monday night had a small audience of people related to the production.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-14 13:41:05

That makes no sense. Thanks!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-14 15:24:55

I just got out of the matinee. I paid money like everyone else so I'm going to comment -

Awful. Insufferably boring and void of any point or redeeming factors, even the stars. How could one of the screens great actresses along with one of Broadway's biggest names agree to this? It reads like a rejected submission from a high school playwright who wanted to write something "deep" and has never read or seen a play before.

There was a steady stream of walkouts starting about 30 minutes in and continued until the end. How this is playing on Broadway with these extraordinary women is beyond me, an insult to their names and to everyone who comes to see it.

Posted by Dollypop 2012-11-14 16:42:56

"and you'll see Patti as you've never seen her before (in prison!)"

Not true, she was on the TV series OZ, which was set in a prison.

Thank you very much!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-14 16:48:40

You won't see her in prison. You'll see her in ugly clothes in an office.

Posted by macnyc 2012-11-14 16:50:59

I don't know why I bought tickets for this! I read somewhere that it was good, and now I'm stuck.

Posted by iluvtheatertrash 2012-11-14 16:58:08

Need to see Winger. Bad or not.

Anyone know if there's rush?

Posted by Dangerous Jade 2012-11-14 17:01:20

I remember that! She wasn't a prisoner, though, she was an archivist in in the library. So you are right, Dolly, that we have seen her in a prison. Wow, Joel Grey and Rita Moreno were on Oz, too.

Posted by Knowitall 2012-11-14 17:10:44

High school play? LOL. Great feedback, everyone is entitled to their opinion. LOL

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-14 17:14:20

LOL. Yes, we are. LOL. Yes, high school. LOL. Not Mamet's best. LOL

Posted by Dollypop 2012-11-14 17:16:38

I'm seeing it on the 28th. I don't care if it's a stink-o. It's LuPone!

Posted by Knowitall 2012-11-14 17:19:29

It doesn't stink. It is a play that needs to be given time to get tight during previews. I enjoyed it

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-14 17:21:26

Of course you enjoyed it. You work for the show.

Posted by jv92 2012-11-14 18:13:11

I'm sort of dreading this now, and would much rather see the new Durang play earlier than my scheduled date in December since I hear it's excellent, but it IS LuPone.

Posted by egghumor 2012-11-14 18:27:17

...and so it IS every time she has a bowel movement.

Wow, where you guys during THE OLD NEIGHBORHOOD???

Posted by Playbilly 2012-11-14 18:39:09

I was going to go after Thanksgiving. Now, doubt...

Guess there's always Scandalous for a hoot.

Posted by oasisjeff 2012-11-15 03:10:37

It's pretty optimistic that you'll be seeing Scandalous very far into the future...

As for Anarchist, there's nothing there to tighten. Is Mamet going to get it down to a tight 55 minutes? I saw it tonight, and there's just nothing much there.

Was there a standing ovation? Sure. People love Patti and Debra. Do they love them in this, though? Not, really.

Posted by oasisjeff 2012-11-15 03:20:16

"There was a steady stream of walkouts starting about 30 minutes in..."

Jordan, you make it sound like they left early... they stayed for half the show!

Posted by givesmevoice 2012-11-15 10:19:57

perfectlymarvelous and I saw the show last night and spent quite a bit of time discussing it afterwards. I think we were both left wanting, although do think that there is potential in the show. To my mind, a lot will improve just by LuPone and Winger settling into Mamet's words and the world of the show. There's not enough tension between them right now, but I attributed that to it being only the third preview.

The show doesn't need to be edited, but it needs a little more bulk and bite. Right now it touches on religious conversation (and how true or false that might be), the justice system and sexuality, but doesn't seem to be a strong critique on any of them. If Mamet wanted my opinion, I would say to go for a critique on the "truths" of religious conversion, since I think there's enough already there to just build a little more. But right now the play is slight and (in perfectlymarvelous' words) neutered. Not just because there's only one f-bomb, but because there's just no bite. Plus I want to hear a little more about the leader of her cause, or even her relationships with her accomplice and women in jail. And for those complaining about her crime not being clear, unless they added it for last night's performance, it's pretty clearly stated by Ann what it was that Cathy (and Althea) had done. Not all of the specifics were mentioned, but we know why she's in jail.

LuPone, as has been said, seems further along in her character development than Winger. I think too much of Winger's performance was shaped around her character's comment on restraint. LuPone definitely has the showier of the two roles, but there needs to be more push from Winger to elevate some of the words. LuPone is great (although I'm biased), although last night I was wondering if maybe there were choices she should've made (seduce, being thrown around in the play a few times, was one verb that occurred to me). And those two women are wearing some of the ugliest shoes I've ever seen.

I don't think the show is as terrible as other posters here do. I've never seen a show this early in previews, so I might be chalking up some of the problems unfairly to that, but I am hopeful that work will be done during their preview period. We were sitting in the rear mezzanine, and although I obviously couldn't see people in the orchestra, I didn't see any walk-outs in the mezz (and there were a lot of people there last night).

Overall I'm disappointed, since I've been waiting a year for this play. I'm interested in hearing about how the show evolves (or doesn't) from now until opening night, and hope I'll be able to see it after it opens.

Posted by Dollypop 2012-11-15 12:34:09

Yes, I saw THE OLD NEIGHBORHOOD. In fact I saw it three times. It was a miserable play, but it was LuPone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by egghumor 2012-11-15 12:41:41

Wow, dollypop, how many times do you plan on sitting through THE ANARCHIST?

Posted by showchoirguy 2012-11-15 19:00:57

Another question: Has anyone gone to the box office and asked for or tried rush?

Posted by Dollypop 2012-11-15 19:08:16

Well, I saw the LuPone GYPSY 12 times. Let's see how long THE ANTICHRIST runs.

Patti LuPone is the sun, the moon and the stars!

Posted by showchoirguy 2012-11-15 19:21:27

Dollypop, at the moment it runs until February.

Posted by Dollypop 2012-11-15 19:26:35

Long Live God!

Posted by showchoirguy 2012-11-15 19:29:21

I know, I miss Godspell as well.

Posted by Dollypop 2012-11-15 19:31:32

I have a feeling that THE ANTICHRIST is going to be every bit as good as GODSPELL.

Posted by Rainbowhigh23 2012-11-16 14:14:52

"And can someone please give these poor women better shoes? Thanks."

Posted by vegas2 2012-11-16 16:17:52

Weeping . . .

I paid good money to get great seats for this in December.

Maybe it will close before then, and I'll get a refund.

Posted by Dollypop 2012-11-16 20:48:51

Maybe the actresses will be wearing better shoes.

Posted by Bettyboy72 2012-11-17 23:33:33

I saw it tonight and I liked it. I was in the front row with the people who rushed and got tix at TKTS. I found it compelling. I liked how it built to the end. It's quick and authentic. LuPone is ready to go and Winger is getting better but still cutting her teeth. I enjoyed it. LuPone, Winger and Mamet all signed. Only Mamet would take photos.

Posted by givesmevoice 2012-11-18 00:10:58

Never mind, I see that Broadway for Broke People has the rush policy on their website.

Posted by macnyc 2012-11-18 13:22:01

I saw this yesterday at the matinee and sat in TDF seats in the rear mezzanine. The fact that I had bad seats may be coloring my impressions a bit. First off, I think this play should be presented in a smaller theater. The tone of it demands intimacy, and that is lacking in a large venue, especially for those of us unfortunate enough to be seated far away. Maybe if I could have seen the actresses' faces more clearly, that would have helped. I agree with other posters that LuPone's portrayal is more developed than Winger's, who seems stiff. There were some line flubs on the part of both, but they recovered very well. As far as the play goes, it is a drama about ideas in the abstract, at least until the very end when something does finally happen, and I have to concentrate very hard on this type of thing to get any meaning out of it. For all my effort, I felt I didn't get enough of a payoff. For those seeking a relaxing and enjoyable night out at the theater, look elsewhere.

Posted by ryankon 2012-11-18 23:59:09

I had a similar reaction: wrong venue, disappointing performance from Winger, abstract for the sake of being abstract. Ultimately a fraudulent experience. I recognize that it's in previews so I suspect Winger will get stronger but I don't think the play is a full meal and it's certainly not being served well in a Broadway house. A huge disappointment.

Posted by Bettyboy72 2012-11-19 10:07:08

I agree the venue is wrong. It should be one where everyone feels like they are in the room with the women. I liked the dialogue.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-19 10:16:27

Even though his play is RIDONKULOUSLY awful, it should be at the empty Circle in the Square.

Posted by followspot 2012-11-19 13:55:08

I got completely caught up in it. Go figure. Winger seemed to me to have been directed to be something of a blank, a wall — in character, and not unusual for Mamet, although not necessarily the best way to make your Broadway debut. Definitely would work better in a more intimate venue. Very disappointed in the crap rear mezzanine seats the box office gave TDF purchasers, since the mid-mezzanine was empty. Luckily the Royal mezz ushers are so inept that anyone with any moxie moved down to wherever they wanted. Theatre interior looks like a Shriners hall now instead of a school auditorium, which I guess is an improvement. Would definitely revisit this one later in its run.

Posted by Kad 2012-11-19 13:57:50

Being directed to be a blank is lousy direction.

Posted by Bettyboy72 2012-11-19 19:12:51

While I felt Winger was still getting into her groove, I think she was good playing a projective object for LuPone. It's not a cat and mouse story, it's a slow burn as Winger lets LuPone spin her tale.

IMO Winger wasn't blank, she just wasn't reacting and LuPone keeps trying to get her claws into her.

I think we are used to seeing a character get roped into the killer's scheme. This was a little different. I really found it compelling.

As I said, I enjoyed it and wished I could see it again.

Mamet was really cool-he said he is very proud of Debra and Patti and that they are still working on things.

Posted by JuanValjean72 2012-11-19 22:47:02

Since the show is in its first week of previews it may be too early to tell if the show is "good" or not. I've only seen one show in previews and it was about 25 previews in and the show was fantastic with a great cast, it was MTC's Enemy of the People back in September. By opening night, this show will have been polished and made perfect!

Posted by Kad 2012-11-19 22:52:14

...Not really. Most productions are in pretty much in ready-to-go shape when previews start. It's fairly rare that major, major changes are made anymore. For every Women on the Verge, there are scores of other shows that have completely uneventful preview performances with at most a handful of minor changes.

Considering many people are finding major fault with the script, only drastic changes could be made to fix it. And I'm not sure they'll happen with this.

Posted by Dollypop 2012-11-20 11:37:14

I have to disagree that most productions are in "ready-to-go shape" when they start previews.

I recall seeing SEESAW in previews and it was changing at such a brisk rate that that the songs and scenes listed in the Playbill had nothing to do with what I was seeing on stage.

TITANIC also underwent a drastic overhaul during previews. I saw one of its very first performances and it was a ghastly bore. It was honed and shaped into something that was quite touching by the time it opened.

Need I discuss what SPIDERMAN went through in its preview period?

Posted by RippedMan 2012-11-20 14:59:53

Those are all exceptions. But the other 28 shows that open in a season don't go through massive overhauls during previews.

Posted by givesmevoice 2012-11-20 15:07:18

Considering many people are finding major fault with the script, only drastic changes could be made to fix it. And I'm not sure they'll happen with this.

I'm sure I'm being a little too optimistic, but even though I thought the major problem WAS the script, I don't know if I necessarily think there are major problems WITH the script. But I have no idea how their preview period will transpire, obviously.

Posted by Kad 2012-11-20 15:14:42

How can you think that a script is a problem but has no problems?

Posted by givesmevoice 2012-11-20 15:21:32

No, I do think it has problems, but I'm not sure I'd consider them major problems. As in, I think the problems it has (the biggest problem to me is that it's just too slight) could reasonably be fixed during the preview process.

Posted by justoldbill 2012-11-20 22:40:14

If anyone thinks the purchase of a preview ticket equals the right to criticize a show, one might put off that purchase until the regular run for a more realistic expectation- unless one's vulturistic impulse demands a chance to feast.

Posted by Kad 2012-11-20 23:07:01

Oh, please. A preview is not a workshop. It's not a reading. It's not a proof-of-concept, hoping to move forward into something more.

It's a public performance, charging full price. By the time your production is in a Broadway house and opens its doors to patrons, it is up for critique. Some shows take advantage of this preview grace period more than others.

Critiquing a show one has paid to see does not make one a vulture. In fact, I don't see how that's an unrealistic expectation at all.

Posted by WiCkEDrOcKS 2012-11-20 23:17:08

^ Preach!

Posted by Melissa25 2012-11-21 16:42:56

Q: Is it true that by the end of the show you will not care one bit about either character?
A: That is correct.

Q: Are the costumes and staging as drab and dreary as the set?
A: Yes

Q: Will you root for Patti's er I mean Cathy's release by the end?
A: If you think that you should root for Patti's release then it may be perceived that way.

Q: Answer the question

Q: Would you prefer to have cavities filled?

Posted by Mr Roxy 2012-11-21 22:56:31

Just returned from tonights show.

First of all, they should be honest and not advertise it @at 90 minutes. I believe it was under 70. The people in the audience were asking what the hell happened to the rest of the play.

The set is indeed ugly. Patti is good with what is a thankless role. Winger looks like an old maid and does not fair much better. The amplification was a problem and it was hard to hear what they were saying. This is basically a one act play and to advertise it as anything else is basically being dishonest with the audience. Saw it on TDF and even at that price was not worth it.For a Mamet show to have no F bombs dropped is unheard of

Liked Race much better than this. To me it was monotonous and was like watching paint dry.

Posted by ryankon 2012-11-21 23:38:41

Mr Roxy--Sad to say we had the same experience. Just awful. I wasn't a fan of RACE but I did think it was ready for prime time. This seems to have been churned out for the sake of volume with little to no purpose more than getting it up on a stage. Huge disappointment.

Posted by RippedMan 2012-11-21 23:58:04

If each role is considered a thankless role, then...... the whole show is thankless?

Posted by Kad 2012-11-22 01:03:22

Someone on Facebook said it ran 65 minutes... that is absurd.

Posted by macnyc 2012-11-22 08:00:45

Who in their right mind would want this play to be any longer?

Posted by showchoirguy 2012-11-22 08:09:26

Last night the show was 65-75 minutes long. I don't think I could sit through anything any longer.

Posted by henrikegerman 2012-11-22 10:55:20

"Who in their right mind would want this play to be any longer?"

Funny you should say that, Mac. This thread was beginning to remind me of that old joke about the two ladies at a Catskill resort. One says "the food here is just awful."
The other lady says "Yes.... and such small portions."

Posted by macnyc 2012-11-22 11:11:53

^^^ Exactly!

Posted by Mr Roxy 2012-11-22 13:46:45

Mrs R told me last night on the way out she was going down to the bathroom. On one staircase was fresh vomit all over that was not cleaned up despite management being told . One man looked at it and remarked to her "It wasn't that bad". Yes it was sir.

Posted by grumpyoptimist 2012-11-22 20:37:40

I've got tix for Saturday. Being as how this will likely be my only trip to NYC for the rest of the year, beginning to sound like I should make this a donation to the producers and find something else to go to. Fabulous. But that's what I love about this board, I learn stuff that helps avoid those "OMG why am I using what little time I have watching this drivel" moments.

Posted by egghumor 2012-11-22 22:18:49

grumps. rethink that one. first of all, one of the strong points made in this thread is that the play runs 70-75 minutes! Plus, you get to see a very unique pairing of actors. Perhaps this not exactly LuPone's finest hour (and 15 minutes) and it certainly sounds like a highly unfortunate way for Debra Winger to make her New York stage debut, but if I were holding a ticket, I wouldn't hesitate to see it.

Posted by grumpyoptimist 2012-11-22 23:06:11

Thanx Egg. Prolly won't decide until after flying cross country tomorrow, settling into my hotel for all of 30min before getting ready for dinner and Annie, and post-theatre libations. Which is a long way of saying, I'll probably forget to think about an alternative and see it by default :)

Posted by egghumor 2012-11-22 23:25:37

oh, goody! remember you'll get to say: "I actually saw it!" and belong to a rather small club.

Posted by Mr Roxy 2012-11-23 06:41:44

If it started @8 it would be 75 minutes. Since it started @8:10 and ended @9:10 it was 1 hour. Mercifully that is all it was. Never so let down by a show in my entire life.

Posted by CarrieEmmy 2012-11-23 10:50:58

Hey guys! I do Broadway reviews on YouTube. Here's my review of "The Anarchist". Seems like a lot of us are in agreement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5pX9m7bRWA

Posted by BJR 2012-11-23 11:49:38

I'll never understand this "length of show" complaint. There have been many, many shows with extremely short lengths that not only held their own as an evening, but have stayed in my memory for years. DOUBT, for one, runs 70 minutes.

Now, if the play doesn't hold it's own, captivate the mind, and feel fulfilling in only 60-70 minutes, then that is a criticism for the play and/or production.

Sad to hear this one isn't for so many.

Posted by Bettyboy72 2012-11-23 16:09:15

I thought the running time was fine. No problem with it. I liked The Anarchist and hope people will give it a chance.

Posted by perfectlymarvelous 2012-11-23 17:40:53

I think people are complaining about the length with this one because it feels so thin. There's no character development and we don't get to know the women at all, and there's no real story arc. I think there's merit to short plays that are just a constant build of tension that sweeps us up and takes us along for the ride but that isn't the case here.

Posted by frogs_fan85 2012-11-24 17:24:45

Went to the matinee today and it was 1:04.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS:

I thought it was alright. There doesn't need to be character development as this is an isolated one hour period of time, so it'd be unrealistic to expect them to really change much during that short of a span of time. It touched on a lot of interesting topics, but unfortunately didn't really go into them. I really would have liked to have a seen a second act consisting of Cathy vs. Ann's successor.

Posted by bjh2114 2012-11-27 23:22:31

Meanwhile, did anyone else feel like Debra Winger was playing an older version of Zooey Deschanel with that voice, those glasses, and that hairstyle?

Posted by BorisIgor 2012-11-28 05:50:51

Saw the preview last night. An almost full house who seemed engaged with the story and the actors. Patti has nailed down the role, not sure if Debra has been directed to act the way she does or does she really not have a soul? I liked it.

Posted by Dollypop 2012-11-28 20:33:59

Caught today's matinee. My train ride into the city was 90 minutes (each way) the play was 68 minutes long.

It's a tedious play. It does raise some interesting points but never fully explores them. The house was packed but people around me were nodding off. Winger seemed lost on stage and went up on her lines a few times. Even her blocking is inept. She seems to be moving around the set aimlessly.

LuPone is marvelous. She completely inhabits the character.

"Patti LuPone is the sun, the moon and the stars!"

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-28 20:41:46

Doesn't LuPone actually have to have a character in order for her to inhabit it?

Posted by Dollypop 2012-11-28 21:39:51

She does. And she does.

Posted by jeffmiele 2012-11-29 02:41:08

I saw it today. I have a lot of mixed thoughts on it I am still processing. But the most interesting thing I got out of it is something I talk with my colleagues about all the time. I work on a college campus and one of my duties is being a judicial hearing officer for students who get in trouble while at school. We try to be as consistent as possible but everyone has different feelings and motivations in their lives. To see it from the parole officer perspective was interesting because I always think how different people would hear the cases I have and vise versa. Even though someones life is on the line, like in the play, or an education is on the line, like what I deal with, people hold others' futures in their hands and the way they go about justifying decisions is always interesting.

Posted by grumpyoptimist 2012-11-29 22:51:59

I saw it last Saturday matinee. According to the iphone stopwatch, I had it at 62min curtain to curtain. Once the reveal happened at the end, I respected and think I understood why Winger was playing her character the way she did. Liked it more than I thought it would. But it would be in the bottom third of shows I've seen. And so appreciate the opportunity to pay full Broadway prices for a one act in previews...

Posted by ErikJ972 2012-11-30 17:09:52

Why does anyone think a right wing misogynist like David Mamet would be able to write two fully realized female characters?

Posted by Knowitall 2012-11-30 21:56:02

Did you notice that the death penalty was never mentioned? Wonder why? It was all about punishment and paying for one's crimes but not with the ultimate penalty. Can't stop talking about the real issues in this play