Printer Friendly - Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike

Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
Posted by WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel 2012-10-25 23:53:02

And Ethel and Ted and Eunice and Pat and Joan and Steve and Peter and Jean and Sarge and Joe and Rose and rows and rows...

The decade is starting anew, and maybe the season is too!

This fall theater season had a rocky beginning and we've all taken our lumps with some of the offerings, but the past few weeks have seen a turnaround in quality and tonight was a dazzling flash of lightning with the arrival of this wonderful play.

(If Durang can be this hilarious and witty with Chekhov imagine what he could do with the Sondheim canon. If I had the money to commission a play from him, that's what I'd want next.)

The first thing you see is a gorgeous home on a pond in buck county. It's so beautiful to look at; they must have spent a pretty penny on this set. This small space is transformed into a country retreat (even the aisles the actors use have been sod with astroturf!).

The cast is SO SO SO good. Kristine Nielsen is effin hysterical. I mean she was getting laugh, after laugh, after laugh.
Slight Spoiler************
She goes to a costume party dressed as the evil queen in Snow White, as played by Maggie Smith. Her Maggie Smith impersonation is downright riotous.
End Slight Spoiler*************

The one who did cause a near riot and halted the show with a monologue was David Hyde Pierce. He's in top form, and looking very sexy with a bit of scruff.

Sigourney Weaver is also doing very funny work. Her character laments having not done enough stage work, and I echo this lament for Weaver in real life. She's simply luminous on stage. There was one point where she was supposed to be throwing a temper tantrum and fake crying. She then made her wrists limp in front of her like she was a cat and began licking her paws as "cried." Her performance was full of delicious details like this.

The other three actors were superb as well.

The real star here though is the play. The Chekhov references are pretty damn funny, but where most spoof/satire type shows fail, this one succeeds: it makes you care for the characters on their own terms.

Buy your tickets now. 100% pure enjoyment.

Posted by PalJoey 2012-10-25 23:54:45

Looking forward to seeing this. I've been a fan of his since "The Marriage of Bette and Boo" and "Das Lusitania Songspiel," which he wrote and performed with Sigourney Weaver.

Posted by WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel 2012-10-25 23:58:05

I didn't know Durang acted also. When was "Das Lusitania Songspiel?"

I hope you like this one as much as I did. Before I read After Eight's review I would have ventured to say it was impossible not to love!

Posted by Kad 2012-10-26 00:16:45

This is the play I'm most looking forward to this season... for Weaver's return to stage work, for the hilarious title, for Durang's take on Chekhov. Glad to hear positive things from you.

Posted by egghumor 2012-10-26 00:45:06

Thoroughly thrilling first night dispatch from you, Whizzer. Thanks!

Posted by WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel 2012-10-26 00:54:32

Kad, The title cracks me up too and the way Durang weaves all Chekhov stuff throughout is great. They need to team up with CSC and sell packages for Ivanov and Vanya and Sonia.

Thanks egghumor. It was a thoroughly thrilling night at the theater!

Posted by AC126748 2012-10-26 09:51:37

I'm going this weekend and am very excited. Glad to hear that Weaver is in top-form. She was miscast and seemed very uncomfortable in the AR Gurney play she did with Nielsen five years ago, which was my first time seeing her onstage. It seems like she's better utilized here.

Posted by WithoutATrace 2012-10-26 10:06:02

I absolutely must chime in on this on to echo Whizzer's sentiments on this play. It was hilarious and I loved every minute of it. Weaver, Pierce and Nielsen are all so brilliant and so hysterical, and yes, the play itself is one of the best written in years. The other three actors with smaller roles are also great and each get their moments to shine.

This was such a fun night in the theater and I hope it gets the critical raves it deserves. Buy your tickets ASAP because when word of mouth spreads, they will become scarce quickly. I wish I could go back tonight!

Posted by mamaleh 2012-10-26 10:28:33

Glad I'm going in early November. I heard Hyde Pierce will be out of the show on Sunday, which date I had originally contemplated.

Posted by newintown 2012-10-26 10:32:32

I'm awfully glad to hear that Durang is back on his game. I loved his work up til Sex and Longing, and feel he's been trying to recover his voice ever since that mis-step.

Posted by macnyc 2012-10-26 10:38:08

Mamaleh, is this what you're referring to? From the Telecharge site:

*David Hyde Pierce is not scheduled to appear at the Dec 28 performance.

Posted by SonofMammaMiaSam 2012-10-26 10:44:42

Run, don't walk to get tickets. You will enjoy every single second of this delicious play. Every character has a monologue, with Hyde Pierce's making a run at the early "Can the Adults Please Smoke" thread over on the Off-topic board.

Posted by macnyc 2012-10-26 10:51:02

I think it's hard to get tickets already, just judging from my perusal of Telecharge.

Posted by dave1606 2012-10-26 10:57:50

Truly one of the best plays of the season.

Comparisons to Other Dessert Cities are apt. They really have a hit on their hands. I honestly think this should have opened on Broadway because it is just that good.

Sigourney Weaver gives a fantastic performance, full of physicality and wit. The character seems perfectly written for her.

Neilsen nearly steals the show from under Weaver though. In addition to the hilarious bit that Wizzer mentions, she has one of the most touching scenes of the fall season thus far.

David Hyde Pierce was definitely channeling Niles last night, but I really loved it. His act 2 speech was fantastic.

The other two cast members were fantastic as well. The writing was extremely clever, but and I appreciated that it you didn't need to be a Chekov scholar to get many of the references.

I think this will be a huge hit, and would be shocked if it doesn't follow the same path that Other Dessert Cities did.

Posted by PalJoey 2012-10-26 11:07:47

Whizzer--Lusitania was a "crackpot Bertolt Brecht-Kurt Weill cabaret" that Sigourney Weaver and Chris Durang had performed while they were at the Yale Drama School.

The two of them co-wrote it and were adorable together.

The funniest bit--and one I remember still--was Sigourney Weaver's re-creation of the "silent scream" created by Brecht's wife Helene Weigel's in the original production of Mother Courage. Mocking the artistic seriousness of the Berliner Ensemble, Sigourney said, “And now, although I am not as homely as Miss Weigel, I shall recreate for you that milestone in theatrical history."

She held that pose for a long time, "silently screaming," until a tiny squeak seemed to inadvertently escape from her mouth, at which point she frowned, snapped her finger as if to say "Darn!" and started all over again.

It was before she was famous, but everyone who saw Signourney knew she would be a star, as they did, of course, with Meryl Streep, who was also in that very talented class at Yale. (As was Wendy Wasserstein, Albert Innaurato and my friend, the late Peter Mark Schifter, who directed Lusitania.)

Here's a short audio clip of the two of them:

Posted by SonofRobbieJ 2012-10-26 11:18:33

It could be the hangover...or the consistent drug use during the early Aughties...but I feel like they brought it back at some point in the 90's with...someone else involved as well. A friend tells a story of watching the third person do a version of '16 Going on 17' while she was being date raped. It made me laugh.

Posted by macnyc 2012-10-26 11:23:08

I did manage to get tickets to Vanya and Sonia...lousy seats. All the way to the side! How will the view be from there? Well, at least I'm in the theater!

Posted by dreaming 2012-10-26 11:36:47

Just got my Linctix for 11/30. VERY excited!!!!

Maybe Ivanov next. I'm getting to know my Chekhov and his followers very well.

Posted by SonofMammaMiaSam 2012-10-26 11:37:18

Almost the entire play takes place on the porch, which is center stage.

Posted by macnyc 2012-10-26 11:40:44

I haven't been in the Mitzi Newhouse for a long time. Will I be able to see the porch from where I'm sitting on the far left? Thanks for any info!

Posted by Kad 2012-10-26 12:00:32

All the positive word of mouth has compelled me to purchase a ticket for December 21st. Looking forward to it immensely.

Posted by WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel 2012-10-26 12:21:01

PJ- Thanks for all those pics! Durang was so cute, and Weaver looks exactly the same. She actually looks dressed to play Lesley Ann Warren's role from Clue in those pictures.

dreaming- Go see Ivanov too. CSC has put on such high quality Chekhov productions in the past 5 years. They've pretty much done a complete cycle of his works in that time and I feel like Vanya and Sonia is the bonus question on the quiz at the end of it all.

macnyc- The action is center, but slightly downstage of the far side seating. You might have moments where an actor has his back to you, but I think you'll be ok.

Posted by WiCkEDrOcKS 2012-10-26 13:04:53

Seeing this next Sunday! Very excited!

Posted by dreaming 2012-10-26 13:32:51

Whizzer-CSC's prices are kinda crazy. We'll see. I'm not that hot on it that I need to see it.

Posted by justoldbill 2012-10-26 20:30:08

Back when LUSITANIA was playing at the Chelsea, a group of us supernumeraries from the Met's MAHAGONNY went to see the show one night. Needless to say, we were on the floor in hysterics, especially with their off-kilter version of (I believe) the "Alabama Song". What a delicious night!

Posted by Buffyfan51 2012-10-26 21:24:02

Got tickets for December! If anyone that goes stage doors it please post your experiences.

Posted by Mildred Plotka 2012-10-26 22:13:54

Thanks for the reports. Seeing this in 2 weeks. Even more excited now!

Posted by mamaleh 2012-10-27 01:54:42

I'm glad someone corrected me. I thought Hyde Pierce is out for the October 28 perf--turns out it's DECEMBER 28. Sorry to alarm any ticket-holders this weekend.

Posted by Luv2goToShows 2012-10-27 08:23:15

Sounds awesome, I grabbed a ticket, have to wait to see it but I was able to get a great seat in January.

Posted by once a month 2012-10-27 09:47:54

What a refreshing night in the theatre! Exceptional cast, surprises galore and I hadn't laughed in a play so much and so hard in a very, very long time. It was just a fabulous, "feel good" experience. Weaver was hilarious...and I'll never forget her sobbing like a cat as long as I live.

Posted by Rodgerdodger 2012-10-27 14:41:00

It sounds fabulous! I wish Durang plays toured.

Posted by WiCkEDrOcKS 2012-10-27 20:55:24

If you aren't overly familiar with the Chekhov canon, will you still enjoy the show? Do the jokes/humor stand on their own?

Posted by WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel 2012-10-27 21:37:52

You won't be lost or anything if you aren't familiar with Chekhov, but some of the jokes/references might pass you by. The setting, the plot, the style of dialogue in spots are all allusions to Chekhov so it's much funnier if you know what Durang's spoofing.

Did you have to know every flop referenced in [tos]? No, but it was funnier if you did.

Really, if you know The Cherry Orchard, Three Sisters, Uncle Vanya, The Seagull and Ivanov you'll be set.

Posted by AC126748 2012-10-27 23:18:43

Really, if you know The Cherry Orchard, Three Sisters, Uncle Vanya, The Seagull and Ivanov you'll be set.

That IS the entire theatrical Chekhov canon.

Saw it this afternoon. Hilarious.

Posted by WiCkEDrOcKS 2012-11-04 19:13:23

Saw it this afternoon and really loved it! The first twenty minutes or so are a bit rocky, but after that, it's just a total blast. David Hyde Pierce is WONDERFUL and his (lengthy and wordy) rant in Act Two is a highlight. Kristine Nielsen is hysterical; her aforementioned Maggie Smith impersonation stole the show. And Sigourney Weaver is still trying to mine a few laughs here and there, but overall, I thought she was really, really great. The entire cast is exceptional, really. It was nice to see the Newhouse about 85% full after Hurricane Sandy. The audience really seemed to enjoy themselves; I know I did. I can't imagine any theater-lover not enjoying themselves at this show.

I sat Row B (which is the first row); stage left, on the aisle. There are a brief few moments here and there that are obstructed, but overall it was a more than fine view.

Posted by broadwayboy101 2012-11-05 01:41:54

Saw this on the 27th and can't recommend it enough.

Regarding the stage door: everyone came out, though Weaver and Pierce were the only two who seemed ready to sign - the rest of the cast looked like they'd be more than happy to sign if anyone stopped to ask, but they were pretty quick to exit so I don't think anyone did the night I went. There were only a handful of people waiting, and about half were autograph sellers who hadn't even seen the show (mainly for Alien memorabilia for Weaver). Ms. Weaver was extremely gracious and stopped to chat with anyone who saw the show, even commenting that the cast was thrilled to see "young people" in the audience that night (the few of us waiting were all clearly in our early 20s). She signed and took pics with anyone who asked. Pierce ducked out while Ms. Weaver was chatting with everyone, but he took pics and signed for some people ahead of us - I think he just figured we were there for Sigourney. Sorry if that's a bit lengthy, I get detail-oriented when I'm tired

On TDF!
Posted by macnyc 2012-11-06 16:17:34

In case anyone is interested, Vanya and Sonia... is on TDF for tomorrow's matinee only.

On TDF!
Posted by seymour krelborn 2012-11-16 10:30:03

Could someone tell me where the stage door for the Newhouse is? Is it the generic "lincoln Center theater stage door" that the Beaumont uses?

On TDF!
Posted by After Eight 2012-11-16 23:38:05

"I can't imagine any theater-lover not enjoying themselves at this show. "

Try.

If only just a teensy bit.

Here's a suggestion: Try to avoid making sweeping generalities like this. Invariably, they will fail to hold water.

I could just as easily say that I can't imagine anyone liking something as inept, inert, and infantile as this play. But having read the reactions on this thread, I can imagine it only too well, alas.

On TDF!
Posted by iflip4musicals 2012-11-17 11:24:44

LincTix are sold out for both performances next Friday

On TDF!
Posted by wicked_beast4 2012-11-17 11:35:29

I'm looking forward to seeing this at Lincoln Center because in all honesty, I wasn't that impressed with its recent run at the McCarter. I thought most of the performances were brilliant, standouts without a doubt being Kristine Nielsen and David Hyde Pierce. However, Sigourney Weaver, although entertaining, felt a little forced in a role that should have been so well-suited for her. I mean, I found it to be an enjoyable night at the theatre, but I wouldn't say that I loved it by any means.

On TDF!
Posted by iluvtheatertrash 2012-11-18 09:33:38

Saw this yesterday and was incredibly moved. Not your typical Durang laugh-fest. A lot of dramatic moments here. Nielsen's Act Two monologue/phone call is a master class.

Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike!
Posted by NewYorkTheater 2012-11-18 21:39:12

It's funny, sexy AND moving -- and it's one "Vanya" with comfortable seats!

Posted by jayinchelsea 2012-11-20 22:42:49

Brilliant and funny and moving, This time Durang has written a great play, and the cast is excellent. Nielsen is just amazing. Why isn't LC moving this to Broadway? With so many of the new shows bombing out, there's bound to be a theatre for this.

Posted by EricMontreal22 2012-11-27 18:17:33

"I'm awfully glad to hear that Durang is back on his game. I loved his work up til Sex and Longing, and feel he's been trying to recover his voice ever since that mis-step"

Though a bit heavy handed, you didn't like Betty;'s Summer Vacation? Anyway, I missed this thread, but great to read all the love for the show.

Posted by Buffyfan51 2012-12-02 00:01:10

I am going to see this next weekend and I have never been to this theater before. Where exactly is the stage door?

Posted by Buffyfan51 2012-12-04 17:09:14

Never mind.

Posted by GilmoreGirlO2 2012-12-19 10:44:07

Saw the show this past weekend and cannot say enough good things about it. While I enjoyed the first act, the second act is where it really took off for me. For me, the best moments were the monologues: Kristine Nielson’s telephone monologue was brilliant and I was crying with her by the end of it. David Hyde Pierce’s big monologue was a feat of strength and wonderfully done. I enjoyed Weaver and thought she excelled in some aspects of her character (her weeping and licking her paws for example), but something made me feel as though she wasn’t completely comfortable onstage (still trying to figure out what it was – I almost feel like she missed some moments that could have gotten big laughs or really added more complexity to her character right off the bat). I enjoyed this show immensely and urge anyone who is on the fence about seeing it to go.

I am a big Chekhov fan, but I believe you can still, undoubtedly, enjoy the show just as much knowing nothing about Chekhov.

Posted by GilmoreGirlO2 2012-12-19 10:44:17

Accidental double post.

Posted by lindatnyc2 2012-12-20 15:55:49

Can someone direct me to where the stage door is?

Thanks in advance.

-L

Posted by jaxandmci 2012-12-20 16:06:59

I am looking very forward to seeing this. I wasn't able to get tickets for it my last two visits so I was quite happy when in the same day, I found out that my January 19 performance of The Anarchist was cancelled and this show--originally scheduled to close January 13--was extending a week. Faced with an open slot, I snapped up front row seats for it and think I will have a much better (and longer) theatre experience. The world works in mysterious ways.

Posted by SondheimFan5 2012-12-20 16:27:30

Any talk of this transferring??

Posted by Kad 2012-12-22 12:13:56

I saw this last night and have to echo the praise. I really, really loved it and thought it was an excellent departure for Durang. Sure, it still has Durang's trademark absurdity (the bits with Cassandra, the costume party). But I felt it was a lot more sincere and optimistic than most of his plays- less biting irony and wink-wink, nudge-nudge.

Kristine Nielsen basically stole the show for me. If this were a Broadway production, she'd be stiff competition for Best Supporting Actress. Her Maggie Smith impression is incredible and hilarious, while her Act Two telephone monologue is really something else- going from funny to heartbreaking.

Posted by PiraguaGuy2 2012-12-22 23:29:46

Has anyone tried the rush for this?

Posted by PalJoey 2012-12-29 10:31:41

Finally seeing this today!

Posted by broadwayguy2 2012-12-29 11:13:08

jax,
Where in the front row? In the center two sections, A is front row - and PRIME depending on the spot (ha!) - but B is front row in the other sections...

Nielsen really was striking.. hysterical at the top of the show and then her act two monologue which broke my heart - I was almost in tears.. (DHP's monologue is wonderful as well, and 100% spot on in performance and writing, but not heart wrenching..)

Billy Magnussen really stood out to me.. with the way his character is written and how he is used as eye candy (rightfully so), I think he could have come off as unlikable in the role or just plain bad, but I felt he walked a fine line very well. We were front row on the very side, so I was also able to see quite a bit when he had his back to the front and he was always just spot-on.

Beware of Hootie Pie.

Posted by Addison D. 2012-12-29 12:30:16

Worth seeing for the sheer pleasure of watching six wonderful performances--I didn't think there was a weak link anywhere in the cast.

I will second Kad's (and others') praise for Kristine Nielsen--she stole the show. Her Maggie Smith is really incredible, and I had tears in my eyes after her phone call.

I do feel compelled to say, however, that the play is perhaps the weak link in all this. Observing that the younger generation is sloppy about their grammar when they text, and all the grumpy observations that flow thence? Rather facile as social commentary.

There are larger themes exposed by the action of the show--middle-aged regrets over the paths not taken, the sacrifices we make for career or family, how fear begins to paralyze us as we age--that could have afforded powerful insights. Instead we get DHP flipping out over self-adhesive stamps, and Sigourney Weaver's character 'bravely' revealing that she--a middle-aged actress--is jealous of the ingenue. Durang went for the easy targets, in my opinion, and stopped there.

Posted by Kad 2012-12-29 12:43:36

I don't know, I saw more depth than that. Maybe I'd like to think Durang wouldn't go for such low-hanging fruit, but I saw Vanya's rant as more as exposing that he justifies not living his life by embracing nostalgia and deliberately making himself an outsider.

Posted by broadwayguy2 2012-12-29 12:49:46

I agree with Kad. I think it's easy to see those as low-hanging fruit, but they are things that point to much deeper goings-on. I think they are deceptive in that they can be taken as easy targets.. that is what I think allows the play to exist on a different plane for those familiar with Durang and those unfamiliar with Durang.

Posted by Kad 2012-12-29 12:52:26

The collection of essays in the Lincoln Center Theater Review issue for the show also illuminate the play a bit more.

Posted by broadwayguy2 2012-12-29 14:22:17

That they did.. I am sort of pleased that I did not read it before the show began.. and the seemingly nonsensical cover art also made sense.

Posted by Addison D. 2012-12-29 16:03:46

I would have to classify myself as "unfamiliar" with Durang, as my previous experience is limited to 'Sister Mary Ignatius' and 'Beyond Therapy'

I am interested to read the essays, although I'm inclined to feel that an author needs to be able to get the message into the text of the play--essays that describe the ideas that s/he wanted to explore don't really count.

And I will think about Kad's interpretation. I don't think I heard justification, except perhaps a kind of implied, retroactive rationale that the observer can use to explain Vanya's isolation.

We see that Vanya realizes that he has the ability to change his ways, symbolized by his decision to get a job--maybe--but the journey from A to B wasn't emotionally/psychologically 'real'--or legible--enough for me. I'm open to the possibility that I'm too literal.

Posted by PalJoey 2012-12-29 17:43:03

Addison--you took David Hyde-Pierce's monologue at face value. There was an additional level you missed, in which Durang was, as Kad said, revealing that the people who rail against modernity spend so much energy railing against what is changing that they fail to live in the present.

What distinguishes Durang's writing--and it has never been better than in this play--is the level of artifice: the characters are experiencing traumatic emotion but expressing it, as best they can, in cliches and formalities that comment on those emotions comically. So there is a wink between audience and actor: "We both know I'm saying something silly now, but we agree not to forget that I'm really upset, okay?"

In the hands of bad actors (or actors unable to play off these multiple levels simultaneously), it seems stilted or artificial or unfunny.

But in the hands of a cast like this, it is theatrical magic. This play plumbs depths that most of his plays haven't, because Durang, now in his fifties, is dealing with aging, as is his longtime pal Sigourney Weaver, who has been appearing in his plays since her early twenties, and Kristine Nielsen and David Hyde-Pierce have also done his plays before. So they all share the same comic vision, and the same realization that our lives are the sum total of what we've done and haven't done with them. with little or no possibility left of great change.

That's why Kristine Nielsen's performance is so, so, SO good. For the first act, she is hysterically and self-indulgently stuck in her self-pity...and then that phone call...THAT PHONE CALL! It is among the best performances of a monologue or soliloquy I have ever seen in a lifetime of theatergoing.

I'm so glad I saw it. I really wish it was moving. I hope the next time it is performed, it is performed as well as this was.

Posted by Kad 2012-12-29 18:43:26

I totally agree with you, PJ. I actually found myself touched by the play a lot more- a heck of a lot more- than I thought I would be. I expected to laugh and see great performances. But I didn't expect to be moved.

Really- that phone call is worth the price of admission.

Posted by Addison D. 2012-12-29 19:32:45

Huh. I've got to say that this is what keeps me coming back to BWW--I really appreciate the insights and perspectives that challenge my conclusions and/or assumptions.

I'm reading the LCTR essays now and digesting a lot of food for thought.

Can it be that I missed something? Shocking, but possible.

More disturbing yet--is it possible that I was blind/deaf to the satire of Vanya's monologue because it is too perfect a mirror of my own perspective? Yikes...

Posted by Kad 2012-12-29 20:22:17

I have to say, I love the LCTR and wish more theatres and productions would have something of that sort published. I know I'd gladly pay a few bucks for them.

Posted by vegas2 2012-12-29 20:49:45

I confess that the play's deeper meaning eluded me. But I still had a terrific time. The performances were wonderful, and the spoofing of Chekhov made for a fun romp.

Posted by PalJoey 2012-12-30 09:42:06

It wasn't so much "deeper meaning" as it was "deeper feeling."

Posted by PalJoey 2013-01-04 14:41:38

Yes, please!

Posted by SonofMammaMiaSam 2013-01-04 14:50:37

Clap, clap, clap!

Posted by macnyc 2013-01-04 15:44:43

One slight inaccuracy that I noticed in the above article: I believe Sonia is Vanya's adoptive sister, not a stepsister.

Posted by ACL2006 2013-01-04 22:16:15

I think this would fit nicely into the Golden Theater.

Posted by Kad 2013-01-04 23:01:15

It would've been great at Circle in the Square.

Posted by NewYorkTheater 2013-01-04 23:45:36

I really liked this play (proof below) -- and enjoyed reading this thread, which pointed out new reasons to appreciate it.
I'm not completely sure, though, it's right for Broadway.

Posted by PalJoey 2013-01-05 09:10:46

Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike will sell.

Vanya will sell and Sonia will sell and Masha will sell and Spike will sell (very well).

Posted by Kad 2013-01-05 10:56:51

I just want Kristine Nielsen to win a well-earned Tony Award.

Posted by NewYorkTheater 2013-01-05 11:06:19

I'm with you there Kad. Nielsen was both touching and hilarious. "I am a wild turkey."

Posted by macnyc 2013-01-05 14:26:21

She was definitely my favorite of the cast.

Posted by nasty_khakis 2013-01-05 14:49:36

I dunno, I was partial to Billy Magnussen in those shorts.

I hope this transfers, definitely one of the best plays I've seen in years.

Posted by GilmoreGirlO2 2013-01-07 11:03:03

THRILLED at the news of the possible transfer, if anything just so Kristine Nielsen can win a Tony for that performance. Hoping David Hyde Pierce would get nominated as well.

I could see this doing very well on Broadway – I think it could find its niche and be a standout around award season.