Printer Friendly - Survivor Philippines cast and season information.

Survivor Philippines cast and season information.
Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-08-20 13:19:38

The cast and details for 'Survivor Philippines' have been revealed. The cast includes Lisa Whelchel, best known as Blair Warner from 'The Facts of Life', former baseball National League Most Valuable Player Jeff Kent, two beauty queens, a sex therapist, and a seminary student. Three former players, who were medically evacuated from the game, will also return and they will be revealed later this week. Rumor has it that they are Mike Skupin ('Australian Outback'), Jonathon Penner ('Cook Islands', 'Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites'), and Russell Swan ('Samoa').

"When it comes to other twists, the Do It Yourself challenges from last season will not be making a repeat appearance, and there will be a new wrinkle to the first hidden immunity idols. “They are hidden in plain sight,” says host Jeff Probst. “There’s actually a clue at the bottom of a rice jar that says, ‘The idol is hidden in plain sight. In fact, it’s right under your nose.’ And if they take the top of the rice tin off, they would find that is the idol. The top of the rice tin is the idol.” Sneaky!

As for the location in the Philippines, it was an edict from executive producer Mark Burnett that led to the show going to the Caramoan Islands for it’s 25th (and 26th) season. “It actually came as a slam-down from Burnett,” says Probst, “who said, ‘Get us back in the water.’ So we’re here in the Philippines, which is vintage Survivor, and I love it.” The location means an opportunity for challenges that can take place out in deep water — something the show has lacked since back in season 16 (Survivor: Micronesia — Fans vs. Favorites)."

I hope this season will be an improvement over 'One World'. That was a huge disappointment.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-08-20 13:22:46

OH

MY

FUCKING

GOD.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-08-20 13:27:43

^ I am just curious Jordan, what surprises you the most about this cast?

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-08-20 13:30:21

I....I....I don't even have words for my excitement. And I'm just going to say I know one team member who at one point is going to have "Another one of my brilliant ideas".

Posted by Wynbish 2012-08-20 13:40:11

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-08-20 13:44:41

BLAIR?!?!?! I just peed myself. Of course, Mindy Cohn would have been a dream come true (and possibly more than my heart could take), but Lisa's "family values" approach could make up for it.

I will be perched on my sofa with a bowl full of Edna's Edibles.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-08-20 13:45:50

I want SURVIVOR PHILIPPINES: BLAIR VS. JO

Posted by jasonf 2012-08-20 13:46:36

Very excited (though the start of Survivor means the end of Big Brother for the year).

Aren't four of the cast members returnees? (Is that a word - BWW didn't underline it?) People who were injured, I think.

Posted by Calvin 2012-08-20 13:46:47

If any of Blair's tribe members curse, where's she going to find the hot sauce to shove into their mouths?

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-08-20 13:48:58

I hope she'll drive her home school bus onto the set.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-08-20 14:01:33

It's clear that Lisa Whelchel is the person creating the most buzz. I was born in 1987, so I never watched 'The Facts of Life'. I read that she is a born-again Christian, which I assume is why she receives lots of attention.

"Aren't four of the cast members returnees? (Is that a word - BWW didn't underline it?) People who were injured, I think."

Three people are coming back.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-08-20 14:08:03

I was born in 1987, so I never watched 'The Facts of Life'.

That is not an excuse. Syndication and DVD. Get thee to Netflix.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-08-20 14:17:26

^ As kid, the only classic live-action shows my parents would let my siblings and I watch when we were little kids were the ones that use to air on 'Nick at Nite' like 'I Dream of Jeannie', 'Bewitched', and 'I Love Lucy'. The prime-time shows that aired on regular networks that they let us watch were 'Full House' and 'Home Improvement' since they were about families. After they were cancelled, I mainly stuck to Nickelodeon and Disney Channel shows until Reality-Competition shows came around.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-08-20 15:00:00

Well, now you are an adult and old enough to make your own choices. Do not return to this thread until you choose to watch Facts of Life seasons 1-4 at the very least. It's like, you're not even American. I mean, there's a time you got to go and show you're growing. Now you know about The Facts of Life.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-08-20 15:27:17

Seriously! I mean, if you hear them from your brother, better clear them with your mother. Better get 'em right. I mean, call her late at night.

BEAUTYWICKEDLOVER, you've got the future in the palm of your hand! All you gotta do to get you through is understand.

Posted by clever name 2012-08-20 15:33:23

I hope when they have the family members come on and compete that Cousin Geri comes running out.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-08-20 15:52:53

And wearing this.

Posted by Marianne2 2012-08-20 15:57:03

The Hub has been airing The Facts of Life on Wednesday evenings this summer. I'm super bummed that they aren't showing it this week. And netflix doesn't have it on their instant stream. I don't have DVD service as of now.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-08-20 17:03:11

It's not on Hulu, either. Only seasons 1-5 are available on DVD.

*fade out on Mrs. Garrett looking concerned*

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-08-21 11:11:48

Yesterday I found some episodes of 'The Facts of Life' on a little website that I think is called "U-Tube" and I enjoyed them. CBS has officially confirmed that Michael Skupin, Johnaton Penner, and Russell Swan will return for this season.

Posted by doodlenyc 2012-08-21 11:43:36

Well, Skupin will be Welchel's Christian Cohort...if there's any LGBT folks in this cast, they better be prepared do be "saved".

Ugh...Russell was a terrible player, but at least I didnt hate him like these other two! And he's from where I grew up, which I just found out.

Posted by strummergirl 2012-08-21 11:53:56

There's also Jeff Kent, ex-baseball player and MVP for the San Francisco Giants. Despite his long-time residence in the Bay Area, including playing for Berkeley, he was an outspoken proponent of Prop 8.

Posted by SonofMammaMiaSam 2012-08-21 12:03:06

Add a seminary student and a sex therapist. Stir.

Posted by clever name 2012-08-21 13:02:21

I don't even remember Jonathan. Who is that?

Posted by ShbrtAlley44 2012-08-21 13:09:21

I love Jonathan! Sometimes some of his comments got to me but he's a good player.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-08-21 13:21:35

I remember Jonathan being a rather snarky narcissist. He's a professional actor and was a regular on The Naked Truth for a while.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-08-21 13:22:03

Jonathon Penner makes my panties wet.

Posted by Calvin 2012-08-21 19:06:34

I first saw Jonathan Penner in the ultra-dark satire Last Supper back in '96, long before Survivor even existed. (Matt, I saw it on SVN, if you remember that :) )

Blair, the homophobic baseball dude and fire-diver better stay away from the wine if he offers any!

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-08-22 12:53:34

I think I saw about 5 minutes of SVN in 1999. I always wondered if anyone really watched it.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-09-08 17:25:46

Penner said that he was originally suppose to be on 'Heroes vs. Villains', but was replaced by Russell Hantz.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-09-19 19:55:14

5 Minutes!!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-09-19 21:00:41

Oh my God, Malcolm is making me moist.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-09-19 21:54:19

Me too! He's got to be gay, right? I kind of pinged when he got squeally with that one lady and then I just saw he lives in West Hollywood.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-09-19 21:55:55

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-09-19 21:57:05

Oh, I didn't even think about that! I kind of want to write some Survivor fan fic with him and the stupid stud on Blair Warner's team.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-09-19 22:00:46

I should add that I have the world's most faulty gaydar, so he's probably not gay.

Posted by FindingNamo 2012-09-19 22:16:50

Speaking of the gaydar, I just read that Lisa has quietly divorced her very masculine and no doubt because he gave her children heterosexual husband the minister. And now I hear she's on the Poondang tribe or something on Survivor?

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-09-19 22:20:16

Poor Blair!

Posted by ACL2006 2012-09-19 22:31:50

Blair will be gone once her tribe loses. she's not going to last long. otherwise, it looks like an exciting season.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-09-19 22:36:19

So far the players collectively seem MUCH better than the past few seasons. I'm still not crazy about the 3 Tribes thing so hopefully they'll become 2 quickly. And I hope Lisa (the old lady) finds a way to stay around. I'm liking her a LOT more than I thought I would.

Posted by NYadgal 2012-09-19 23:14:21

As a devoted SURVIVOR fan, I can't remember the last time I was this excited...

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-09-19 23:19:52

Kind of how I feel. But I dont want to get too excited yet...

Posted by NYadgal 2012-09-19 23:24:49

Too late for me. I'm in. Excited 100%.

Posted by clever name 2012-09-20 02:14:18

I could not be happier about that first elimination.

But I fear for Blair. Looks like she's the odd man out! Nooooo!

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-09-20 11:03:10

I really enjoyed the season premiere. I think the producers realized that 'One World' was a disappointment and they needed to find better people.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-09-20 13:49:23

Was really hoping Russell would be first eliminated. He drove me nuts the first time around. Idiot control freak.

OhmyGodItotallyloveLisa! I really hope those idiot kids don't vote her out first. I was shocked only one person recognized her so far. I realize she's of another generation than the younger players, but that would be like me not recognizing Maureen McCormick on my tribe.

Malcolm barely registered for me during the episode. After reading his bio on the website, I have even less interest. RC, Abi and Pete really sound like idiots. I hope Michael and Lisa can at least pull in Artis and influence the least annoying of the other three.

Totally digging butch Dana and wondering how long Jeff will last with that bum knee.

If I close my eyes when Jonathan speaks, I swear he's Alan Alda. But he and Michael are still my eye candy in the cast.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-09-20 20:00:53

Lisa filed for divorce just before going on the show.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-10-11 14:04:32

This is season is so far just like Palau. The Matsing tribe just can't win. Russell definetley deserved to go though.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-10-11 14:59:54

Matsing has truly been plagued, but at least their two best players made it. So glad I won't be listening to Russell's melodramatic whining any more. His Christian beliefs are so messed up, even Lisa looked at him like he was crazy.

I really don't get Pete. Yeah, he pulled a fast one on RC to plant a bullseye on her back, but why is he hitching his wagon to Abi? In fact, why was RC? Abi is a loud-mouth bully and a loose cannon. She'll flip on a person just based on any wild notion she may have. I guess Pete sees her as easily manipulated since she verbalizes every negative thought in her head (which seem to be her only thoughts), but she'll cut his throat for assuming he's aligned with a banana tree because she saw them next to each other that one time.

At least they are turning heads away from Lisa. I want her to stay forever and ever. Every season.

Apparently, there are people on the red team other than Jonathan, though I couldn't tell you who they were. I suspect they are all production assistants and interns.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-10-14 11:16:59

Russell dealt with depression after losing the show.

Posted by clever name 2012-10-14 21:49:59

LOL Matt! Every word you said. Perfect.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-10-15 18:19:54

Survivor did not bring on Russell's depression. It was his delusional sense of ego based on some distorted definition of Christianity.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-10-18 13:31:27

That sucked for Kalabaw to have a player medically evacuated and lose the challenge by a second. But Tandang is clearly more united. If Katie causes Kalabaw to lose another challenge then not it will come back to haunt them. However, I am more than okay with Dawson going.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-11-07 21:08:55

That tribal council was insane. And I'm so glad Jeff is out.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-11-07 23:54:10

Also, Jeff Kent donated $15,000 to Prop 8 in 2008.

Posted by clever name 2012-11-07 23:58:39

That was CRAZY!! Who voted for Abi? I missed it at the end. And why did Abi reveal her immunity idol? ugh I just can't stand her. I'll bet I have to deal with her to the end.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-11-08 00:08:19

Jonathan voted for her.

Abi is frickin insane. I can't image being stuck on an island with her. Belligerent, combative, a martyr. Just ugh.

That CooperConnerCasperBlond Guy is a real rocket scientist, too.

Pete's another moron. I haven't really liked him from the beginning, but tonight when he said that Malcolm must not have had the idol since he got all weird about it when asked... I mean, really?

Posted by NYadgal 2012-11-08 23:53:58

Crazy season.
And that was one of the craziest Tribal Councils ever.

So glad of the outcome.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-08 23:58:33

Pete looked SO EMBARASSED when they kept cutting to him. Lol

I hope Lisa can save her ass now that she seems to have dug herself into a big Christian hole.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-11-09 18:05:02

Lisa may have gotten herself into a fix, but it was funny how she didn't end up a target AT ALL. At least she's playing and actually thinking some really good strategy. In the vote, it actually worked out for her as far as her alliance, but Pete and Abi are going to sink her. I could see her brainstorming a new alliances and getting rid of the loose cannons, hopefully uniting Skupin, Penner, Denise and Malcolm.

It's one thing to team up with people that are not well-liked, but it's another to be hitched up to an unpredictable crazy train. Pete is a dumbass and Abi has been a disaster since week 2.

Lisa was right, though. They should have blindsided Malcolm if they wanted to get rid of some major competition.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-09 18:15:29

Lisa's on a fast track to becoming one of my all-time favorite players. She's gone very quickly from good christian woman to cutthroat player. And I like it.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-11-09 18:32:45

I wish, when she had the floor at Tribal, Lisa had said, "I just got another one of my brilliant ideas!"

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-09 18:33:45

Oh my God, I thought she should have said that to someone last night, too!

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-11-09 18:49:16

I do have to say, knowing her history, I can't believe she hasn't been "Jesus this and Jesus that" all the time. I mean, the way people talk about Jesus at the drop of a hat on this show.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-09 18:52:00

Maybe she realized that God doesn't like her since she showed her knees to millions of people.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-11-09 18:54:38

Join the conversation at TalkTvWorld.Com!

Posted by clever name 2012-11-15 00:01:03

YES! Penner lives to see another day! I wish it was Abi but I'm glad one of those three is gone!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-15 00:05:16

Lisa is impressing me SO MUCH in this game. More than any player have done in a very long time.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-11-15 14:10:39

I'm on a lunch break right now and I just want to say that Lisa really is playing a great game. By deciding to not vote with the old Kalabaw tribe, it was Mike Skupin who did, she still is trying to look like a loyal person so there will be no people on the jury who are bitter with her. I am glad that one of the three arrogant Tandang members went home. I do want Abi gone next.

Also, in case no one already knew Lisa has the West Nile Virus. I hope she gets better.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-11-22 15:18:22

That spoiled little princess, Abi, should count her blessings that she had the idol. I was okay with Pete going home though. I really am enjoying this season.

Posted by jasonf 2012-11-22 21:49:48

Abi made a huge mistake this week. She should have voted against Pete. That way she could have kept her idol and had the same result.

I'm torn on her. I understand she's not a "good" person, but I do wonder how much of it is cultural. For example, her bragging when she came back from the reward seemed to me like she was just trying to share how great it was with the tribe. I didn't see it as being malicious, but just completely out of touch with the feelings of her tribe mates. Now, it could be argued that that's a negative thing in itself, not being able to read those around her, but is it possible that in her culture sharing her rewards as she did would be considered the norm - not sharing would be rude? I honestly don't know.

I will say her attitude about not wanting to cook any more was pretty damaging. I can't say THAT was cultural...

I just wonder how much is her, how much is because of her background.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-11-23 17:28:08

I don't know what kind of culture dictates that you should brag about something you got in front of people who lost out to you for it. This whole cultural differences thing that was invented at this tribal council kind of of depends on people ignoring the fact that Abi's been a nasty superbitch since day one. Week in and week out she's been dismissive, condescending and downright nasty to other people. I don't think not being able to read others' reactions to you is a cultural thing; I think it's a clueless/narcissistic thing.

Maybe she is just completely clueless about the way she comes across, but I think it's telling that it's not like this is the first time her personality has been a dividing point for people at tribal council, but it's just the first time she was completely without power, which leads me to believe her tears were less about being upset at how she was perceived and more about her realizing that (barring a game-shift that could be entirely possible) she's completely lost any chance at winning.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-11-29 14:40:44

Just wanted to briefly share my thoughts on last night's episode. Before "hell froze over" after Abi won immunity a pig flew by when she was able to get that advantage in the game. The other players should have bid on it before Abi was able to spend all of her money on it because she needed it the most. Penner's downfall this time was that he was not willing to fully give any possible alliances a try. He clearly could not be trusted.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-29 14:46:13

Abi jumped right on that advantage, I don't think there was time for anyone else to get in there and bid. And even if they did who else had all their money at that point?

And I'll NEVER understand the mindset in this game that you can be as mean and nasty to everyone as you want and end up winning the game. In a game that doesn't depend on your fellow players deciding the outcome it might be different, but in a SOCIAL game like this one, I'll never understand it.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-11-29 14:51:15

Abi is just a vile human being. I'm sure everyone else noticed how teary and contrite she was in the morning and then the second, the very second she got her advantage she was back to being a megabitch.

I was sorry to see Penner go because 1) I think he's hot and 2) He's one of my three picks in a Survivor pool I do every season and I hadn't lost a player yet this season yet. I'm glad Denise was safe, though.

Speaking of Abi, this is from the Television Without Pity recap of last week's episode, regarding the whole "cultural differences" nonsense:

One, Abi has lived in this country for something like ten or twelve years, so the language/culture thing is bull****. Second, guess how old Abi is. No, seriously, think of a number in your mind. She's 32. She acts like she's 22, if that. And third, I had a former employee who was a non-native English speaker and who had only been in this country for a few years. She had a lot of problems getting along with people and dealing with students and we all chalked it up to cultural differences, and tried to work with her and help her and support her and you know what? Turned out she was just crazy. Other countries have crazy people too! It is important to be sensitive to cultural differences, but sometimes people are just cuckoo for cocoa puffs. And I think Abi falls into that category.

Posted by SonofMammaMiaSam 2012-11-29 14:53:30

I could be wrong, but I thought Lisa still had all of her money when Abi bid.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-29 14:54:56

No, Lisa got that big ol' sammich she wanted.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-11-29 14:58:58

I don't know that they should have anticipated Abi doing that. If anything, I always think the trick in auctions is to buy something before you get stuck with the surprise that turns out to be crappy. I was expecting one of of those hidden things to be bugs or something.

Posted by SonofMammaMiaSam 2012-11-29 15:03:45

Yes, but her sandwich was after Abi, wasn't it? I thought the sandwich and bone meat came after Abi's purchase.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-11-29 15:22:52

Lisa bought her sandwich before Abi bought her clue.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-11-29 21:34:45

I don't think anyone banked on Abi winning the challenge if her advantage would have been to be placed two steps in front of the mat at the finish line because she has either sucked or not participated in every challenge. She won because she wasn't exhausted and has tiny fingers. She got lucky, plain and simple. I do think it was odd that the alliance of four never even considered getting rid of the skinny blonde kid as an option. He's been doing really well at challenges, gets along with everyone, and has been flying under the radar. Penner screwed himself by not jumping on that alliance, but I think they made a mistake by going with Malcolm who could easily walk away with the whole thing. Not to mention he and Denise are too strong together. Malcolm, Denise and skinny blonde kid seem like the likeliest for the finale unless someone decides to string along Abi to dilute the votes (which would probably backfire on them anyway).

I really love Lisa in this game. Even more than I expected. But she has GOT to toughen it up to get to the finale. So far, she's been playing the best strategic game. I was hoping for a Lisa/Skupin/Penner finale. Now, I'd be lucky to see one of them in it.

Abi is just a self-centered bitchface. She's incapable of listening to anyone or anything that doesn't represent her preconceptions or ideas. If anyone tries to have a conversation with her, she shuts them down the second they don't agree with whatever nonsense flies out of her idiot-hole. Jeff's question about cultural differences was just bait knowing Abi would gobble up any lame excuse as defense. Her tears were about not getting her way. Nothing more. When she watches the episodes, she'll blame the editing. She has the self-awareness of a baboon on bath salts.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-29 21:44:37

Before last nights episode I totally thought Lisa was playing a very strategic game, as well. But I think last night showed she's just getting VERY lucky. She was going back and forth between alliances and in any other season with any other player, that person would have a huge target on their back. But she got very lucky that Abi was in her other alliance so nobody questiones her wavering back and forth. Don't get me wrong, nothing would make me happier than seeing Lisa take the grand prize but from here on out in order to do that, she's going to have to start really being strategic and take some real risks making sure the stronger players don't get rid of the "nice Christian lady".

Posted by SonofMammaMiaSam 2012-11-30 07:31:14

I heard a radio interview with Penner last night and he said that Abi's edit is totally on the spot. He said that Carter's (skinny kid, MM)isn't very accurate, that he's actually playing a lot harder than it appears to us.

Posted by NYadgal 2012-11-30 07:50:43

Interesting.
And it makes sense, because they all seem to really like Carter, and support him.

I know I sound like some conspiracy nut, but, I really wonder if challenges aren't somehow structured to give certain people an advantage to keep the story moving forward in a way that suits the producers/Jeff. That challenge seemed perfect for Abi, once they knew that she had the edge after having bought the clue. (I know - it's unlikely, but, I sometimes just wonder).
I don't for a moment doubt that Jeff is fed information so he can direct and lead Tribal Council to suit the outcome he desires. When it feels manipulated to me, I feel frustrated.

Was really sorry to see Penner voted off.

I hope that something comes up about that nonsense Abi was spouting about the 'second message' in her Advantage Clue.

Good season.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-30 08:17:16

I've always thought challenges were set up in ways to give certain players advantages, so I dint think you're a conspiracy nut at all with that.

Posted by NYadgal 2012-11-30 08:26:38

Would so love a behind-the-scenes look into the production of this show.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-11-30 08:31:55

Or any "reality" show.

Have you ever looked at an application for one of these shows? The ones ice seen ask a ton of weird questions like "What scares you" or "what foods do you absolutely hate" and I think - You have to be an IDIOT to answer those honestly! What food do I hate? Um....chocolate. What am I scared of? Puppy dogs.

Posted by NYadgal 2012-11-30 08:50:19

I have seen the Survivor application... and you're right. I would never answer honestly!

Posted by SonofMammaMiaSam 2012-11-30 08:54:53

I have filled out the Survivor, Big Brother and The Amazing Race applications. Lie, embellish, fib ... you have to do it all. A friend is the casting director for all three shows and she is always looking for very specific people. The actual applications/videos from the masses get very little, if any, consideration. She was a pageant girl and there is ALWAYS a pageant girl on all three shows.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-12-06 12:31:56

Once again Abi lives to see another day. It would be nice to see her get voted off but I have a feeling that people might want to take her to the final tribal council since she will get no votes from the jury.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-06 13:12:57

Taking her to the end and voting Malcolm off ASAP would be the smartest way for any remaining player to win.

Posted by doodlenyc 2012-12-06 14:20:56

And Lisa knows it.

I always figured that the show manipulated the contestants, even the challenges, but it's become much worse. A few seasons ago, Jeff's leading questions at tribal became so obvious and contestants are SO EAGER to answer them. I just dont get it! Why would you reveal so much at tribal council?

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-12-06 14:52:20

I know I sound like some conspiracy nut, but, I really wonder if challenges aren't somehow structured to give certain people an advantage to keep the story moving forward in a way that suits the producers/Jeff.

No, I think that's totally legit. And, like doodle said, Jeff leads tribal councils to get people to come to certain conclusions, even if those conclusions aren't right and never would have been come to if he hadn't guided the conversation.

Posted by SonofMammaMiaSam 2012-12-06 14:53:56

Tribal Council actually goes on for 4 hours or more. I think Jeff just wears them down to get info. out of them.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-06 15:00:12

I wish Showtime would broadcast the entire tribal council the way they do Big Brother After Dark.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-12-06 15:18:00

Taking her to the end and voting Malcolm off ASAP would be the smartest way for any remaining player to win.

I don't know about that. Especially with a 3-person finale.

Lisa already revealed her strategy to the entire jury, so if she and Abi make it to the end, the jury could vote for the third person if they play the jury right and distance themselves from Abi. The wise thing would have been to focus on Malcolm, Carter (I finally learned his name!) and Denise as the biggest threats and dismiss Abi as not being a threat rather than admitting to keeping her because she’d be easy to beat. Lisa put a big target on her back by revealing that she’d rather take Abi to the end than any of the others, including those in her alliance. Skupin, Denise and Malcolm could simply decide to get rid of Lisa and Abi next, though Skupin probably wouldn’t have a shot at winning if that happens.

If Skupin sticks with Lisa and Abi and Malcolm/Denise does not win immunity, he could be the swing vote that not only changes the game, but open the door wide to winning the whole thing if Malcolm/Denise doesn’t win final immunity.

But at this point, unless something MAJOR happens, I really couldn’t see Lisa or Abi wining the game. Though Lisa and Malcolm will probably be a tight race for fan favorite.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-06 15:22:58

It's weird but I think at this point Lisa could say she wants to skull fvck Denise with Malcolm's dlck and set Carter on fire just to watch him burn, and she'd still be safe. I don't know why but even though she tells everyone exactly what she's thinking and what her next move will be, she's still never seen as a threat. I think it's kind of amazing.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-06 15:24:02

Oh, and Lisa's brother is super cute!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-09 10:58:59

So I met this guy at a party yesterday who (without giving away too much) would be very reliable in this sort of information, and he informed me that next season is going to be another All-Star season featuring...

***CURRENT SEASON POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW***

Malcolm. So if that's true it looks like Lisa and Skupin are going to put their plan into effect.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-12-13 00:33:33

Even if Abi was easy to beat I was SO GLAD that she went home. It will be interesting to see what happens on Sunday night's finale. It's been a very enjoyable season.

Posted by clever name 2012-12-13 00:40:43

God I'm so glad she's gone! All four worthy of being at the end. Even Blair!!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-13 08:57:49

This really has been the best season in YEARS. I'm sad that it's ending!

Posted by NYadgal 2012-12-13 09:59:03

I am, too.

I'm SO glad Abi is gone! She was completely obnoxious right up to the end.

She did not deserve to be a final-four player. I'm looking forward to the final - they are all deserving and I'll enjoy watching them.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-16 22:54:12

What the FUCK was up with Penner's final speech?!

Posted by NYadgal 2012-12-16 22:56:46

Nasty!

People lose their minds during their final questions/comments.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-16 22:58:42

What a dick. So uncalled for!!

Posted by NYadgal 2012-12-16 23:00:37

...nice that all 3 of them got at least one vote.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-16 23:02:44

Very happy for Denise! She played an excellent game this season.

Posted by NYadgal 2012-12-16 23:04:11

Agree. She was strong, and also played a good social, strategic game.

Very deserving.

Posted by CapnHook 2012-12-16 23:23:40

Happy for Denise. I was rooting for Lisa. Just like THE AMAZING RACE this season, either person could have won and I would have been happy. I just didn't want Malcolm to win.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-16 23:24:25

But he shore is perty.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-16 23:47:17

Yay, Lisa!!!! I thought Malcolm would have had no competition for fan favorite!

Posted by CapnHook 2012-12-16 23:51:14

Jeff Probst is a class act. How he is able to show both composure, humility, and deep embarrassment at the same time is astonishing.

Running to kiss him was "fun" but too inappropriate, knowing that he is married. And I think Jeff's wife is in the audience.

Posted by ucjrdude902 2012-12-17 00:19:01

I missed it. Who kissed Jeff?

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-17 00:26:28

Dawson

Posted by doodlenyc 2012-12-17 09:42:00

Great finale, and so glad Denise won. She was my favorite from the beginning.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-12-17 11:18:08

Denise deserved to win. She played a great strategic game from start to finish. Plus, she also had to go to every tribal council and survived each one.

Posted by StockardFan 2012-12-17 13:16:03

I think Denise deserved to win, too. But Malcolm is my fave. Yummy!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-17 13:40:06

I do hope Malcolm returns next season!

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-12-17 14:10:58

Denise revealed that she was the one who told Penner about Lisa's past. Penner thought that he recognized Lisa from somewhere but he could not quite figure it out.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-12-17 14:17:21

I wonder if anyone else recognized Lisa before she outed at Tribal Council, then. The show made it seem like only Penner and Skupin knew.

I was happy to see Denise win. She played a great game and she was one of the few players this season who never once irritated me for a second.

Posted by beautywickedlover 2012-12-17 15:07:55

Here's an interview with Lisa. She also reveals that will be co-hosting The Jeff Probst Show for a few weeks.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-17 16:38:09

That's awesome! I'll definitely have to check out his show when she's on. And I hope that this leads to more acting gigs for her, even if it's just the occasional Lifetime movie.

Posted by Phyllis Rogers Stone 2012-12-17 16:50:27

I thought she looked pretty good even all gross on the island, but last night I thought she looked fantastic. Good for you, Blair!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-12-17 16:53:23

That's Miss Warner, to you.

Posted by StockardFan 2012-12-17 20:44:22

She did look great last night!

Posted by GavestonPS 2012-12-17 22:26:19

Penner is a writer as well as an actor. That was all for show.

(I should add IMO. I don't know the guy, but I do know his work.)