THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: June 23-29
Whether you've been living under a rock for the past week, or you're just in the mood for a recap of everything theatre, BroadwayWorld's feature, 'This Week in Pictures' is here to satisfy your end of the week fix. Take a look below to catch up on the latest happenings from the Great White Way to the West End (and everywhere in between) with coverage of press events, rehearsals, opening nights and more!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: Trevor Project celebrates Susan Sarandon, Woody meets the press, Broadway sings for pride, and so much more!
For last week's biggest events: visit THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: June 16-22.
On June 22, the cast of NEWSIES, led by Jeremy Jordan, performed and signed copies of their cast album, which was released in April, at UES Barnes & Noble (86th/Lex). BroadwayWorld was there and brings you more photos of Jordan, Harvey Fierstein and Jack Feldman, Kara Lindsay, Andrew Keenan-Bolger, Ben Fankhauser and the cast of NEWSIES here!
On Monday, June 25th, The Trevor Project honored Academy Award® winner, Susan Sarandon with the Trevor Hero Award, presented by Stanley Tucci. President of MTV, Stephen Friedman also was hand to accept the Trevor 2020 Award for MTV at “Trevor Live” in New York. This high-profile annual event benefits the life-saving, life-affirming work of The Trevor Project, providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) teens and young adults. For more photos from the event, click here.
On June 25, the stars of the upcoming revival of Jekyll & Hyde, Tony Award nominee Constantine Maroulis (Rock of Ages) and Grammy Award Nominee Deborah Cox (Aida), hosted the 4th annual National High School Musical Theater Awards at Broadway’s Minskoff Theatre. The show featured 60 of America’s most talented young musical theater performers vying for the “Jimmy Award” for Best Performance by an Actress and Best Performance by an Actor. Click here for full coverage of the event!
- BULLETS OVER BROADWAY Begins Performances Tonight at the St. James Theatre
- A YEAR WITH FROG AND TOAD Plays During Spring Break at MST-Chelsea; Runs thru 4/5
- YouthQuake! Showcase Set for 3/13 at Don't Tell Mama
- LOVE VINTAGE LAS VEGAS STYLE Concert to Showcase Rat Pack-era Music with the Las Vegas Phil, 4/5
- Gary Lewis and The Playboys to Bring Hits from the '60s to the Suncoast Showroom, 4/5-6
- Independent Shakespeare Co. to Stage New Adaptation of ROMEO AND JULIET, 4/4-5/3
- BOARDWALK EMPIRE's Molly Ryan to Perform at the Iridium, 3/11
- Matt Baganz Wins Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival's 2014 One-Act Play Contest
- EVIL DEAD THE MUSICAL Hosts Two Sunday Night Viewings of WALKING DEAD
- MTC to Present Bay Area Children's Theatre's LADYBUG GIRL AND BUMBLEBEE BOY, 5/24-6/8