THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: June 16-22
Whether you've been living under a rock for the past week, or you're just in the mood for a recap of everything theatre, BroadwayWorld's feature, 'This Week in Pictures' is here to satisfy your end of the week fix. Take a look below to catch up on the latest happenings from the Great White Way to the West End (and everywhere in between) with coverage of press events, rehearsals, opening nights and more!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: Broadway Bares earns big money, Meryl & Kevin reunite, Laura gets a solo show, and so much more!
For last week's biggest events: visit THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: June 9-15.
Kyle Dean Massey and the Cast. Photo Credit: Kevin Thomas Garcia
BROADWAY BARES XXII: HAPPY ENDINGS, a fairytale evening of modern-day burlesque featuring 227 of New York’s sexiest dancers, made history for the third year in a row Sunday by raising a record-breaking $1,254,176 to benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. BROADWAY BARES XXII: HAPPY ENDINGS transformed our favorite fairytales into crazy-hot, spectacular come-to-life stories as told by a bevy of Broadway’s best performers. For full photo coverage, click here.
The Public Theater presented Kevin Kline as Romeo and Meryl Streep as Juliet in a one-night-only benefit reading of ROMEO AND JULIET on the 50th Anniversary of the opening of the Delacorte Theater in Central Park. The cast also featured F. Murray Abraham (Friar Laurence), Christine Baranski (Nurse), John Cullum (Capulet), and more! Check out more photos from the curtain call here!
The Carlyle Hotel welcomed 2012 Tony Award-nominee Laura Osnes in her cabaret debut at the Café Carlyle in an exclusive two-week engagement on June 19. Osnes will play through Saturday, June 30. In her show, Osnes presents an evening of songs culled from Broadway and the Great American Songbook, as well as from the worlds of jazz and folk. She will be joined by special guests during the engagement and will be accompanied by a quartet led by her Musical Director Fred Lassen on piano. For more photos from her concert, click here.
Cast of BABY. Photo Credit: Kevin Thomas Garcia
Transport Group, the Drama Desk and OBIE award-winning theatre company, presented its one-night-only, all-star concert of the acclaimed 1983 Broadway musical Baby at the Lucille Lortel Theatre, on June 18. Cast members included Jill Abramovitz, Robert Creighton, Malcolm Gets, Nikka Graff Lanzarone, Kecia Lewis-Evans, Jessica Phillips, Kate Shindle, Betsy Wolfe and many more. Click here for more photos from the concert!
- THE GLEE PROJECT's Ali Stroker to Bring FINDING GLEE to 54 Below, 12/10
- Hottest Articles on BWW from Wednesday, Dec. 4
- Wicker Park's The Fifty/50 to Host New Year's Eve Party, 12/31
- Photo Flash: First Look at West End Theatre's KURT WEILL AT THE CUTTLEFISH HOTEL
- Segal Theatre to Welcome Jackie Sibblies Drury for 'WE ARE PROUD TO PRESENT...', 12/9
- On Her Shoulders to Stage A BOLD STROKE FOR A WIFE Reading, 12/16
- Pasadena Playhouse to Host A RELIEF BENEFIT FOR THE PHILIPPINES, 12/18
- JIMMY OWENS BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION Set for Sista's Place, 12/7
- Cabrillo Stage to Premiere Re-Imagined Work LUNCH, 1/3-19
- bergenPAC to Welcome Martin Sexton, 1/11