THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: June 16-22
Whether you've been living under a rock for the past week, or you're just in the mood for a recap of everything theatre, BroadwayWorld's feature, 'This Week in Pictures' is here to satisfy your end of the week fix. Take a look below to catch up on the latest happenings from the Great White Way to the West End (and everywhere in between) with coverage of press events, rehearsals, opening nights and more!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: Broadway Bares earns big money, Meryl & Kevin reunite, Laura gets a solo show, and so much more!
For last week's biggest events: visit THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: June 9-15.
Kyle Dean Massey and the Cast. Photo Credit: Kevin Thomas Garcia
BROADWAY BARES XXII: HAPPY ENDINGS, a fairytale evening of modern-day burlesque featuring 227 of New York’s sexiest dancers, made history for the third year in a row Sunday by raising a record-breaking $1,254,176 to benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. BROADWAY BARES XXII: HAPPY ENDINGS transformed our favorite fairytales into crazy-hot, spectacular come-to-life stories as told by a bevy of Broadway’s best performers. For full photo coverage, click here.
The Public Theater presented Kevin Kline as Romeo and Meryl Streep as Juliet in a one-night-only benefit reading of ROMEO AND JULIET on the 50th Anniversary of the opening of the Delacorte Theater in Central Park. The cast also featured F. Murray Abraham (Friar Laurence), Christine Baranski (Nurse), John Cullum (Capulet), and more! Check out more photos from the curtain call here!
The Carlyle Hotel welcomed 2012 Tony Award-nominee Laura Osnes in her cabaret debut at the Café Carlyle in an exclusive two-week engagement on June 19. Osnes will play through Saturday, June 30. In her show, Osnes presents an evening of songs culled from Broadway and the Great American Songbook, as well as from the worlds of jazz and folk. She will be joined by special guests during the engagement and will be accompanied by a quartet led by her Musical Director Fred Lassen on piano. For more photos from her concert, click here.
Cast of BABY. Photo Credit: Kevin Thomas Garcia
Transport Group, the Drama Desk and OBIE award-winning theatre company, presented its one-night-only, all-star concert of the acclaimed 1983 Broadway musical Baby at the Lucille Lortel Theatre, on June 18. Cast members included Jill Abramovitz, Robert Creighton, Malcolm Gets, Nikka Graff Lanzarone, Kecia Lewis-Evans, Jessica Phillips, Kate Shindle, Betsy Wolfe and many more. Click here for more photos from the concert!
- BWW's On This Day - March 11, 2014
- BULLETS OVER BROADWAY Begins Performances Tonight at the St. James Theatre
- A YEAR WITH FROG AND TOAD Plays During Spring Break at MST-Chelsea; Runs thru 4/5
- YouthQuake! Showcase Set for 3/13 at Don't Tell Mama
- LOVE VINTAGE LAS VEGAS STYLE Concert to Showcase Rat Pack-era Music with the Las Vegas Phil, 4/5
- Gary Lewis and The Playboys to Bring Hits from the '60s to the Suncoast Showroom, 4/5-6
- Independent Shakespeare Co. to Stage New Adaptation of ROMEO AND JULIET, 4/4-5/3
- BOARDWALK EMPIRE's Molly Ryan to Perform at the Iridium, 3/11
- Matt Baganz Wins Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival's 2014 One-Act Play Contest
- EVIL DEAD THE MUSICAL Hosts Two Sunday Night Viewings of WALKING DEAD